1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. banis

banis Well-Known Member

Thanks! I don't think that it is really that big. Also, all that shirring mappina effect on the sleevehead is due to that sleeve is bigger than the armhole, which may also influence impression.
    :eek:)

2. upr_crust

upr_crust Well-Known Member

Thank you, Mr. Downing. It's good to see that sartorial standards are being maintained in the land of eternal sunshine, T-shirts and shorts :D. It was suggested yesterday by one of the regular posters here that I do a series of double-breasted suits this week, after my week of three-piece suits last week. Alas, the series will only be two - the rest of my double-breasted suit collection was too large by half after I lost weight a couple of years ago, and went to the charity shops. Suit - BB MTM Shirt - Lewin Tie - Andrew's Ties PS - Robert Talbott Cufflinks - BB Shoes - Harris, via Barney's NYC [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7 people like this.
  3. Jamesgatz

Jamesgatz Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

IMO this color scheme really does you a favor.

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Well-Known Member

Brisk weather Tuesday. Tweed, suede and cashmere kinda day.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  5. Fred H.

Fred H. Well-Known Member

Love those tweedy-bird pants, Spoo!

[​IMG]

6. acridsheep

acridsheep Well-Known Member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members
    I take no responsibility for the office decor in the shots below. They are the undoubtedly hand-picked selections of an otherwise affable true religion/affliction wearing Herman Cain supporter.

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  7. MBreinin

MBreinin Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mike

6 people like this.
  8. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member

2 people like this.
  9. Savoir

Savoir Member

You are not getting any hate, you are getting advice. I recommend you use that advice, because there is no point in posting your fits without any will to improve.

10. A.J.V

A.J.V Well-Known Member

Thanks guys for all the comments and thumb ups regarding the last post and pics!!

Today just a couple iphone pics... Grey lambswool sweater and purple silk/wool-blend tie.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  11. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Well-Known Member

12. luftvier

luftvier Well-Known Member

Hey ladies. Been a while.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PRL
    CT
    BB
    Mabitex
    AE

1 person likes this.
  13. IrateCustomer

IrateCustomer Well-Known Member

You two going to Sadie Hawkin's?

14. gladhands

gladhands Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Robot pose
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
    3 people like this.
  15. zalb916

zalb916 Well-Known Member

I don't mean to pick on sugarbutch, but his outfit shows a reoccurring problem in this thread. I appreciate that people enjoy their tweedy, country-ish sport coats, but they often just look incongruent when paired with certain accessories. The bright and vibrant colors of the shirt, tie, pocket square, and cuff links don't jive at all with the earth tones of the coat. The textures and patterns aren't harmonious either.

Try a pale blue shirt with some texture or maybe a tattersall in a number of different colors instead of a solid white with double-cuffs. A patterned tie competes against the boldly patterned coat, so this is a good opportunity to use a solid tie with some texture, like a silk grenadine, or a muted pattern, like a cashmere or wool herringbone. If you still want a pattern and like the green color, then consider a green that is more earth-toned and doesn't have such a vibrantly colored pattern. The pocket square should also stay in the earth tones. Those Drakes moghul squares go well with just about anything, but a nice paisley madder would work well too.

3 people like this.
  16. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

Sei pazzo?! [​IMG]

17. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Well-Known Member

I generally agree with the critique above, but I think it might not fully apply in this case. The photo is lit by the fluorescent light above my desk, so the tie and PS appear to be much more vibrant than they actually are. The tie, for example, is a much more muted olive with fairly muted figures on it; same for the PS and silk knots (which are a very subdued burgundy). I agree that a PS like the Drake's would have been better, and I would have chosen something like it if it were in my closet. I typically wear this jacket with a blue shirt with a bit of pattern, but in the reality of this morning, this (fairly textured) white shirt was the only one ironed, and the kids needed to get to school.

I hope the above doesn't come off as "But, but, but..." and thanks for taking the time to offer your suggestions.

18. sprout

sprout Well-Known Member

For me it's the French cuffs that throw this off. Absent those, I think everything would be copacetic.

19. TexasDan

TexasDan Well-Known Member

MBreinin - I like your suit. Is it Polo?

20. Christopher Essex

Christopher Essex Well-Known Member

Here it is, iGentlemen - my first WAYWRN post (well, from last Saturday night).

I'm aware my shirt sleeves are a bit long and I may need a few more tweaks with the waist suppression. Both the shirt and the dinner suit are brand-new - just picked it up that afternoon.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dinner suit: Coppley MTM
    Tie: Dior MTO
    Shirt: BB
    Shoes: Moreschi

Violin: made in Germany early 1900s

3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.