• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If any of you understand the astronomical stress levels associated with getting a 2 year old ready for her first day of school ever, you will forgive these crap self pics. If I asked Mrs. Spoo to do this today, someone would have had to put me up for the night. :plain:

Tears in your eyes?

AlmostSmart

Reaction score

If any of you understand the astronomical stress levels associated with getting a 2 year old ready for her first day of school ever, you will forgive these crap self pics. If I asked Mrs. Spoo to do this today, someone would have had to put me up for the night. :plain:
36660841.jpg

55e77545.jpg

bf7c7ed4.jpg

5cf892b3.jpg

Been there, Spoo. It gets no easier when they turn teenagers.

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For maximum Pseuds Corner quotation value, the effect I am trying to mimic is the cluttered but warm/gentle feel of a Victorian era drawing room, rather than an elegant or precise modern lounge :)

I love this. The precise opposite of that which I would like to achieve. :)

VictorSF

Reaction score
Holdfast: Thats the wrong bow for that shirt, and I'd say the bow is too big too. Maybe it's just the way the company that makes it cuts their bows but I'd look into a different maker.

Victor: Looking good, how tall are you? The first picture makes you look somewhat stocky which gives me hope in being a shorter man myself.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Spoo: Looks good but its subdued compared to your normal self.

Thank you!

In the photo in full growth made today selected a bad angle.

The camera was down to the ground. Therefore, the figure looks shorter in this photo.
The result was a silhouette of a slightly compressed vertically.

I seem lower than it actually is (my height 181 cm)

It turned a funny photo.
biggrin.gif

Last edited:

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

36660841.jpg

[/SPOILER]

Spoo...this phase of having your tie not wide enough to balance the lapels continues, and I also think the knot is too small for the collar. Would it KILL you to do a Windsor once in a while? Or maybe someone will invent an air pump that will inflate ties to greater width and fullness for outfits such as these. Nice pieces all around though.

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Spoo...this phase of having your tie not wide enough to balance the lapels continues, and I also think the knot is too small for the collar. Would it KILL you to do a Windsor once in a while? Or maybe someone will invent an air pump that will inflate ties to greater width and fullness for outfits such as these. Nice pieces all around though.

Who are you? The tie's width is fine. When has this become a huge rule anyway? Why? Smaller ties than lapels have been around way longer than this rule otherwise bibs would be more appropriate these days. Windsor knots? Pssh...

140l0mp.jpg

Last edited:

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Who are you? The tie's width is fine. When has this become a huge rule anyway? Why? Smaller ties than lapels have been around way longer than this rule otherwise bibs would be more appropriate these days. Windsor knots? Pssh...

140l0mp.jpg

I don't look at it as a rule, I look at it as a question of balance. Just like I think a wide tie with a Double Windsor knot would look out of synch with a slim cut suit with ultra-narrow lapels.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah, that is the standard response too. I think saying Spoo should have a wider tie in the above photo is like OCD ultra nit picky. I mean .5" is close enough. Otherwise it is a dickey. Windsor knots just remind me of men who are overly concerned. In my mind a man who ties a windsor knot is also getting his eyebrows threaded and hand manicures. Very dainty.

Last edited:

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
REAGAN wore Windsors!!!

Last edited:

Chico2007

Reaction score

In my mind a man who ties a windsor knot is also getting his eyebrows threaded and hand manicures. Very dainty.

I'd bet Spoo gets brows threaded (or tweezed) and/or manicures. I don't do those things, but I don't think they're "dainty" either. BTW, I think his tie/lapel ratio has been good and the FIH knots are thick enough for his collars (although in today's full length shot it looks small, the close-up shows the ratio is fine).

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

I'd bet Spoo gets brows threaded (or tweezed) and/or manicures. I don't do those things, but I don't think they're "dainty" either. BTW, I think his tie/lapel ratio has been good and the FIH knots are thick enough for his collars (although in today's full length shot it looks small, the close-up shows the ratio is fine).

hey now, nothing wrong with taking care of yerself. I get manicures about every other saturday. and a tweezed well maintained brow is much better than a f*ckin bush up there. :foo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics