1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forex

forex Well-Known Member

Loooooong Busy Monday ...
    [​IMG]

more on the dark side ​

A 3 piece in the 90 degree weather?[​IMG]

2. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Well-Known Member

What am I a clown to you?

That depends. Lecoq or Decroux?

3. pvrhye

pvrhye Well-Known Member

Great collar-who makes the shirt?

Sweet knot, too.

Brog says Ascot Chang, I think.

4. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Well-Known Member

That depends. Lecoq or Decroux?

^ First one to not get it.

5. niidawg3

niidawg3 Well-Known Member

A 3 piece in the 90 degree weather?[​IMG]

lol ... did they turn off the a/c in the state building because of the budget deficit?

6. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Well-Known Member

in the history of my life since 1991, I have met only 3 people who failed to get a Goodfellas reference, and my daughter has yet to make it through the movie so I cant blame her. [​IMG]

7. Unregistered

Unregistered Well-Known Member

in the history of my life since 1991, I have met only 3 people who failed to get a Goodfellas reference, and my daughter has yet to make it through the movie so I cant blame her. [​IMG]
    I'm ashamed to say I haven't seen it. Can we still be friends?

8. SpooPoker

I'm ashamed to say I haven't seen it. Can we still be friends?

[​IMG]

9. tshaw

tshaw Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Would have liked black shooz with the suit, TB - classy and streamlined. [​IMG]

10. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Well-Known Member

Went to a garden wedding this weekend...

[​IMG]

Closeup/Deets:

[​IMG]

Linen/silk SC
    OC shirt
    Linen tie
    Wool gab trou
    Suede captoes

...thought a pocket square would be too much in this particular instance...

[/spoiler]

Wow, UC. Love the 1-button. I saw that someone gave you props for the photography, but the missus takes your pics, right?

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/spoiler]

Overall impression is good, but the lapels are a bit too narrow for my taste. I wish the PS were white/cream with a navy pattern instead of solid navy. Seems a bit heavy.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][/spoiler]

Is there metaphysical connection between Spoozy and Spoopoker? Both seem to be in the midst of a more conservative evolution. Love the SC fabric, Spoozy.

[​IMG][/spoiler]

Not sure if it's the pose, but the lapels are bowed and the button seems to be pulling. Is your P90x making you grow out of your suits?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Lets go Rangers![/spoiler]

That tie is challenging. Not necessarily bad, just outside my comfort zone. Nice look overall.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Are you carrying something in the trouser pocket? I had to stop putting things in my pockets because it just destroyed the lines.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Very nice.

Loooooong Busy Monday ...
    [​IMG]

more on the dark side
    Maybe the tie is a bit narrow for the lapel? That was just the first thing that popped into my head.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Me like tie.

Warm Sunny Day In The South

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Dig the brim collection

I'm cross-posting from Manton's thread today. Here's my latest attempt at CBD:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Socks are gray, not black. Decided that the trooper helmets aren't CBD, so left that out.

EDIT:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. SpooPoker

12. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Well-Known Member

Etienne Decroux and Jacque Lecoq were two of the founders of modern mime/physical theatre/one of the core principles of the modern theatrical clown. Spoo however seems to have seen it as the scene in Good Fellas where Joe Pesci goes off on Ray Liotta.

Sugarbutch: I like it, but that collar seems a bit wide for the rest of the look. The formality of it just seems slightly off.

13. tshaw

tshaw Well-Known Member

Count me in that, Spoo - never saw it and it's not on my Netflix list either...Sorry...[​IMG]

14. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Well-Known Member

The tie seems a little close in color and tone to the SC, but maybe that's just me...

Good eye. I wanted the tie to marry the top with the bottom, so whereas the closeup looks a bit off, looking at the whole picture, I thought the tie was a good way to carry the eye from the trousers up to the face - opposed to remaining on the jacket [​IMG]

I can't find it now, but whoever recommended a cream shirt, thanks for the suggestion - I don't have one but can see that it would pair well here.

And for all that wondered, the invitations asked for spring garden attire, and there were those who arrived in boater's hats. Be assured, if anyone upstaged the groom, it wasn't me [​IMG]

This one isn't CBD, but with a rare 85 degree day I had no intention of wearing socks.

[​IMG]

Nice, I don't normally like tassel loafers, except in occasions such as these.

82 and sunny. Tomorrow will be 60 and stormy. Hockey playoff weather. Thanks Caniacs!

[​IMG][/SPOILER]
    Lets go Rangers!

Love. The. Shoes.

A rare non-Friday fit for me, purple shirt, navy blazer and a pair of shoes..

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][/SPOILER]

Shirt collar is good here, and as always, lovely shoes.

More full legged trousers. Slightly lower button point on this SC - still a little high maybe?
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I think both the buttoning point & the trousers suit you well.

Not what I wore today, but I was posting this in the CBD thread to "delight" Manton, so I'll throw it up here too.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Figured I might as well give some WAYW love to black footwear...
    Black chelseas [​IMG]

Wow, UC. Love the 1-button. I saw that someone gave you props for the photography, but the missus takes your pics, right?
    Self-timer, this one. iLike your fit today, is it a suit?

15. Navi

Navi Well-Known Member

Yeah...The only excuse for not getting that is never having seen it. Anything else is inexcusable. [​IMG]

Some fierce discussion going on in here lately...won´t comment and rewarm them, though. Everything that must have been said, has been laid down.

@UC: great get-up, you´re the master of Kickass-cool photography.
    @Aeglus: congrats on the job!
    @Crusty: the suit looks a bit big and the tie work can be improved. Loving the straw hat!
    @Thread: shirt is too close in tone to the suit, i dare say. Nice knit though!
    @CP: nice look, Bro. As Nii put it, try to relax a bit, the pose is killing me [​IMG]

Anyway boys, Luciano hang from my neck today:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Love everything here. Great SC fabric and tie. Perfect all around!

82 and sunny. Tomorrow will be 60 and stormy. Hockey playoff weather. Thanks Caniacs!
    [​IMG]

NYR, what brand are those socks? Very fun looking! Love the shoes too.

I'm still getting the hang of my new tripod, already seeing an improvement for the full body pictures. Should be alot better in daylight too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

edit: I was sweating my balls off in this today, even with the jacket off. [​IMG] I can't fucking wait until I get my new pair of tan shoes; the black shoes are bringing my more casual outfits down, too formal. But they're all I have so for now I shall get by. also lol @ how far up my tie bar was clipped. Whoops.

Should I cuff these pants or just have them hemmed? I'm leaning towards just a hem but I thought I'd see what people here think before I hem them at work.

16. deandbn

deandbn Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well Mister, I think you look awesome in these pics.

ps. thank goodness you have lost that awful haircut and geeky glasses as per your blog.

17. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

I think once you leave the NorthEast that number would rise dramatically. For those who haven't been blessed (NSFW):
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

That tie is challenging. Not necessarily bad, just outside my comfort zone. Nice look overall.

Some spilled coffee may have ended that challenge today...

Count me in that, Spoo - never saw it and it's not on my Netflix list either...Sorry...[​IMG]

As a Trentonian, you should be ashamed!

Love. The. Shoes.

NYR, what brand are those socks? Very fun looking! Love the shoes too.

Cheers guys, socks are Missioni I believe. Century 21 by me has racks of similar ones...and I need some new socks...

18. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Well-Known Member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    Threadbearer: I like the combo - especially the dark square/tie on the light suit/shirt. (Is that a suit or an odd coat and pants? The colors look really close, but I can't tell.) Looks like you're playing with positive negative space on your body, which is very cool. However, at least to me, the thin lapels and high gorge along with the collar of that shirt is making your neck look like an ostrich to me.
    Thanks, titsworth. The suit is a pair of separates that look identical in real life but that are showing up in two shades in some of these pics. (The last pic in the set -- the one showing jacket sleeve and slacks -- is color-accurate.)

My neck looks like an ostrich no matter what I'm wearing, but yes, the lapels are pretty skimpy, to say the least. I probably would have passed on the suit had it not been on an insane clearance sale.

I love that look TB. I know we're supposed to nit pick on thiis forum not offer praise but that's a fantastic summer look. Is there a jealousy icon?
    Thanks, Ian. It's usually me who's jealous.

@Thread: shirt is too close in tone to the suit, i dare say.
    Disagree, but maybe it's just the pics. The shirt is mint green.

Regarding your most recent fit, it strikes me as an incredibly good example of pattern mixing. It's way too busy for me, personally, but it suits your bolder style while still being cohesive. Kudos.

Would have liked black shooz with the suit, TB - classy and streamlined. [​IMG]
    Hmmm. Interesting idea, Tom. Are you thinking loafers?

Overall impression is good, but the lapels are a bit too narrow for my taste. I wish the PS were white/cream with a navy pattern instead of solid navy. Seems a bit heavy.
    Can't argue with any of this. Thanks for your thoughts, sb.

[​IMG]
    Please step a little to your right. You're blocking my view of the guitar.

19. jaypee

jaypee Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] btw hai Rob (NYR) [​IMG]
    BOOM! And Torres still yet to meet the back of the net for Chelsea [​IMG]

20. deandbn

deandbn Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I like your outfit a lot.

I however also think you should move your shoulders back a bit and hands more to the side IMHO. Sorry to have to tell you too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.