1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member

Personally, I think your version works better; the pattern shirt softens the tie's colours a bit whereas the (apparently) solid white shirt of the first pic makes it a bit harsh for me.

Having said that, purple & yellow are not colours I generally like together (I've tried it a couple of times, and never really been happy with the result), but your combo does it well enough.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  2. Nelton

Nelton Well-Known Member

Spoo that jacket is incredible!

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Well-Known Member

Thanks man, I appreciate it. Its an RL Indian bleeding madras. IIRC, Stephen (MalfordofLondon) has one for sale.

4. Gdot

Gdot Well-Known Member

I take back my thoughts on the trousers being too slim. While they are too slim for an old guy like me they are just fine on a fly young man such as you.

Congrats on your first bespoke.

5. Nelton

Nelton Well-Known Member

Just had a look and so he does, if my budget could accommodate another summer jacket and the tailoring that would be required to make a 40" fit then maybe, but winter seems to be approaching in the UK, torrential downpours and it was dark this morning on my way to work (5:30 AM) but still.... so im thinking perhaps my money would be best spent in a winter sports coat which I will no doubt ask for SF approval haha

Edit: Eason: I really like your DB breasted suit nice to see another young guy like me wearing one, the trousers look pretty spot on too definitely not too slim

Cheers Nick

6. MagicalPanda

MagicalPanda Active Member

This is amazing.

7. Adarael

Adarael Well-Known Member

That's the truth. And it goes a long way toward convincing me that maybe I wouldn't look awful in a DB, since Eason looks to be about the same age, size and build as me.

8. southernstyle

southernstyle Well-Known Member

My two cents on Victors incredible fit is he has gone out of the way to show meticulous attention to detail with these contrast buttonholes, not screaming "I have a bespoke tailor," although it may come off as such.

9. edmorel

edmorel Well-Known Member

Victor, just a quick note, I have not really noticed your other shirts but if this one is made for you rather than off the rack, you may want to consider telling the shirtmaker to make a slightly taller collar, make the sleeves a bit slimmer and make the collar point a bit longer as they are curling on you, not sure if it is because you did not use collar stays.

10. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  11. VictorSF

VictorSF Well-Known Member

kevinsp8

Clear to me your true motives for writing it! [​IMG]

I had another opinion about you before. Good luck!

southernstyle

Your version of my care about in detail - much closer to the truth. I can only add - that I was also close and humor.
    Thank you for the correct version. [​IMG]

And I do not need window dressing, and crocodile, for example, I wear just walking through the forest when no one but me sees.
    Do you know why? Because it is practical, durable and comfortable. I feel sorry for those who own the complex and thought so much about others.

I have something to stand apart from clothing and much more. But clothes - it's a hobby, I just love it experiments.

And the money on clothes for me, very little meaning. I just have fun.
    But sometimes, not very far people see this show and think that I'm trying to show all your wealth and then I had my tailor. I feel sorry for these people. But I'm not mad at them. I just do them very, very sorry. I feel sorry for their systems, I feel sorry for their anger, their jealousy I'm sorry. I hope God will help them overcome these drawbacks, and may soon. But I hope for them!

And you - Thank you again for the correct version!
    [​IMG]

edmorel

Thank you!

The collar - I agree, thank you!

And the width of the sleeve - unfortunately narrower to make them impossible. I'm an athlete, I have a big difference between relaxed and tense arms, the muscles developed - there are difficulties because of this, at tailoring.

Thanks again! [​IMG]

12. VictorSF

And about the jacket - a jacket with a sense of humor.[​IMG]

He suede lining on the elbows, so that 2 loops and suede, buttons, and a different color - I thought it was funny.

I love the humor and freedom.

Thanks to all those who are also free as I could see the humor and get a good mood! [​IMG]

13. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Well-Known Member

Victor, I would put crocodile elbow patches on my pajamas if I could :lol: Thank you for giving me a future inspiration!! :fistbump:

14. VictorSF

15. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Well-Known Member

I think, given the, um loudness/brightness of your recent fits... you'd prefer to rethink that statement. ;)

16. Pieceofsand

Pieceofsand Well-Known Member

I'd tell the haters to suck it. But then again, I'm not Victor.

17. MrKaizen

MrKaizen Well-Known Member

One of the worst color palettes I have seen but you are a funny man and self ironic too, rep to you

18. jqmunro

jqmunro Well-Known Member

Wow, someone has done their research!

19. upr_crust

upr_crust Well-Known Member

And now for something completely different - the obviously amateur postings of a lumpy middle-aged American.

Trying for a "Mad Men" aesthetic - results below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  20. MrKaizen

MrKaizen Well-Known Member

Wow I should hire you as secret agent [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.