1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DistintoSignore

DistintoSignore Member

Looks sharp, gnatty, I like the jacket and the shoes. Overall a very good combination.

One negative remark: stay away from the button down shirt, please! Unless you're going to play a polo match, button down shirts have no right to be in your wardrobe.

Best regards,

Stefan

1 person likes this.
  2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Well-Known Member

:lurk:

3. Tibor

Tibor Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    On patrol in Little Italy.

2 people like this.
  4. tshaw

tshaw Well-Known Member

Overall a very good combination.

One negative remark: stay away from the button down shirt, please! Unless you're going to play a polo match, button down shirts have no right to be in your wardrobe.

Best regards,

Stefan
    Okay - I'll start - nice of you to make that determination, but you really need to rethink your post.. You may not like them, which is YHO and is fine for you, some of us like them - they are a nice mixture in the wardrobe...And that has nothing to say with what I really wanted to post, such as "Buzz Off"! Button downs have served me well , esp. when riding in an open jeep in the County park system, reviewing facilities and don't want to deal with collars flapping in the breeze, etc.- just as a practical example, nevermind wearing them at different times in the office, etc.. Have a nice day...:slayer:

5. upr_crust

upr_crust Well-Known Member

The weather is still mild (for August, certainly) in NYC, allowing suit-wearing without torture.

Suit - Paul Stuart
    Shirt & Tie - Lewin
    Braces - Paul Stuart
    Cufflinks - Metropolitan Museum of Art
    PS - Robert Talbott
    Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  6. EFV

EFV Well-Known Member

Oh no you didn't :lol:

7. niidawg3

niidawg3 Well-Known Member

UC - that is VERY nice.

8. DistintoSignore

DistintoSignore Member

Oh yes I did!
    Since I typed it. It is indeed MHO indeed (or better MNSHO) and if you want to [​IMG]with me over it, then En-Garde!

I believe a sports shirt (i.e. a button down shirt) is nothing to be worn formally.Yes, you can maybe wear it under a sports jacket, but I see to many men who DARE to combine it with a suit and tie. [​IMG]. I have always advised those who asked to stay away from them as not to be temped to wear them in the wrong fashion and make a faux-pas.

As for the flapping collar; a good collar, with a pair of brass collar stays and a bit of starch when ironed, will stay put!

Best regards!

Stefan

9. DistintoSignore

DistintoSignore Member

UC, if I didn't know better from your profile, I'd say you were English.

When I'm over in NYC I see so many men dressed in cheap suits and shoes. I see the same over here: the carelessness in many of my colleagues' attires is tear jerking.

You however are wearing a nice outfit and it suits you well! Kudos!

10. ourmaninLisbon

ourmaninLisbon Well-Known Member

Good to see you keep in shape, and your shoes are pretty as ever. Love the coat-

Cheers

Vic

11. ourmaninLisbon

ourmaninLisbon Well-Known Member

That's one of my kinf of fav ties. Great!.
    Well, but...are already calling for winter?

Cheers

Vic

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  12. gnatty8

gnatty8 Well-Known Member

I hate to be so anti-climactic, but I think the answer is that I just can't tie ties very well. Believe it or not, most times, I tuck the smaller blade into the keeper. I think I just have an inate bias in the way I tie ties that leads to them being crooked. Sorry, we're all human.. lol

13. Sonny58

Sonny58 Well-Known Member

Thanks Mr. Moo.

14. gnatty8

gnatty8 Well-Known Member

Sweet, where'd you get em' from?
    Dude, Americans have been wearing button down collars for over a century. Get over it.
    OK, this is just beautiful. One of the best fits I've seen in months. While I am not feeling the sweater over the shoulders thing (sorry Phatty), this suit is just fantastic, and gives us all something to aspire to.

15. DistintoSignore

DistintoSignore Member

Gnatty, Europeans haven't, get used to it. [​IMG]

Like someone said before, it's a matter of opinion / taste. I ventilated mine, you showed yours. No sense in arguing over taste.

Oh, and it's Stefan, not Dude. Thank you.

16. jwmbro

jwmbro Active Member

Yes, shirt sleeves are too short, but it's the only white shirt (tux shirt excepted) amongst my 25 shirts, so I made do with it. New better fitting one coming next month though.

[​IMG]

17. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Well-Known Member

Well shit. Looks like I need to buy a horse now to justify owning half of my shirts. Will someone start the "What Are You Wearing Right Now As You Sit On Top Of Your Horse" (WAYWRNAYSOTOYH) thread, please? I need to know what kind of horse goes well with a pink striped linen Cuccinelli BD. Thanks in advance.

18. Digmenow

Digmenow Well-Known Member

If jacket vents, whether side or center, were designed to accommodate riding a horse, does that mean that only ventless jackets are acceptable outside of informal settings? Perhaps something has changed over time.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  19. DerekS

DerekS Well-Known Member

the dreaded american "casual friday" for me...kinda my day to say FU. No tie, no sportcoat.

extra slim fit oxford BB white shirt...oh god...BUTTON DOWN COLLARS!!!!
    Polo chinos..my favorite chinos, but i havent been able to find them anywhere else. Theyre the GI Slim fits.. Belt was a $10 pickup from H&M, watch by rolex.
    not seen...sperry brown deck shoes....socks? we dont need to stinkin socks today. And acqua di parma cologne.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.