• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Im so proud..
smile.gif

- thanks Casper
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
You give good windowpane, pappy.
- at 1st read I thought you said wood..
Originally Posted by Boswell
Very good. Would look even better wtihout the bracelets, but that's just me.
- correct, you are not alone
Originally Posted by ndw
Casual Friday...]
- have you thought about slimming the sleeves
Originally Posted by molayo
A little scared by great posters...
uhoh.gif

- I'd swap out the buttons for less gilt & you are on a good start
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Weather couldn't decide whether to rain or shine all day long...
- is that the infamous Anne Hathaway coat?
Originally Posted by f-bodeee
Bow tie Friday!
I just got a job where business dress is the code, this is the first few days...the fit off because everything is thrifted and now I have free alterations so I'll be taking advantage of that.
- IMO you need to start on a cleaner pallet than what you have been collecting whilst lurking all these years.
- new job is a good opp to start with basics

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More Bow tie's and a casual fit as well
uhoh.gif

While I like the 'idea' of this bow, it's too damned pale & never I really use it. But I thought I'd give it a whirl for a morning stroll!
Divine retribution...it started to rain!

Thanks for yesterdays comments, I agree the bow should have been wider!
-TTO

molayo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jamesgatz
This is how I would have worn that jacket before joining the forum. Today I would have chosen lighter pants. Another SF effect: your collar buttons inevitably look like you're DTOing PG. Not a bad example to imitate, however.
Maybe, it's time for me to get light blue or lavender pants. I googled to find what DTO means, haha. Good to hear that it's not bad.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAlex01
Do those buttons up!
tongue.gif
Apart from that, great get-up! Very nice jacket!

OK. I will button up collars.
nod[1].gif
I usually button up collars in the morning and unbutton them in the afternoon, which I think gives a good shape of collars.

Originally Posted by EFV
Another good post from you. The tie looks familiar, is it BB? I think you've got a great thing going here and I'm looking forward to you next post, as your fits are continously spot on (especially as I guess you mostly wear OTR jackets/suits?). This one is actually your best so far IMHO.
thumbs-up.gif

The tie is a kind of BB replica with a different stripe direction.
biggrin.gif
Yes, most of my jackets/suits are OTR(or RTW). I don't alter anything but sleeves and pants length. Anyway, thanks a lot, I like to see your fits as well, very solid!

Originally Posted by Phat Guido
- I'd swap out the buttons for less gilt & you are on a good start
I have never thought of changing buttons. um...Now that you say that, buttons look weird to me.
laugh.gif
Many thanks for a good comment!

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please, ignore the mirror marks (/blurry second image); it's tooth-paste, I swear! I have yet to find a good place to take fit picks in my house! Also, I'm wearing the loafers pictured (no socks). (I don't know why I didn't take a picture of them...) The lapels are weedy, I know, but this is a ~£60, linen jacket, from Uniqlo (and the only linen jacket I have!), so go figure!
4QbFY.jpg
JTy93.jpg
LINCOLN%20%28SH%29%20BROWN%20SUEDE%20SINGLE.jpg

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TTO
5918412372_4a14112994_z.jpg

5917853805_8501f60f6c_z.jpg

I like, but why is your belt buckle over there?
tongue.gif
(I know it doesn't really matter!) Also, one more turn-up, on the sleeves, would make it look less scruffy (matched with your beard). Not trying to say you look scruffy!
uhoh.gif

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Nice! Not exactly sure about the bow tie (the pattern). TV fold would look nice with that!

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMAG0314.jpg

^ You need a pair of collar stays, sir. And please tie your tie so that the tip of the blade reaches the center of your belt buckle.

IMAG0318.jpg

^ The DB jacket is a very good look on you. But this one is not a good match with those slacks.

IMAG0319.jpg

^ It bears repeating: Collar stays. On side note, we prefer public restrooms as our backdrops here, not janitors' closets. That said, yours is a very nice one. Carry on.

Originally Posted by Fred Perry
first post here so here goes
Add a pocket square and visible shirt cuffs and you're good to go, Fred.

Originally Posted by acridsheep
PG_FTFY.jpg

Oh dear god. That's awesome. Is there anything you can't logo?
laugh.gif

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
The DB jacket is a very good look on you, but this one is not a good match with those slacks.

+1; maybe some lighter (electric blue) chinos? I'm intrigued as to whether I am crazy or not!

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Add a pocket square and visible shirt cuffs and you're good to go, Fred.
OK, this is serves as a good reference for something I've been wondering: Are the sleeves on Fred's jacket the right length (i.e., he needs a shirt with longer sleeves), or should the jacket sleeves be shortened? I assume the latter, but iDunno.

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
OK, this is serves as a good reference for something I've been wondering. Are the sleeves on Fred's jacket the right length (I.E., he needs a shirt with longer sleeves), or should the jacket sleeves be shortened? I assume the latter, but I dunno.

I think if his shirt fit correctly, the sleeves would show a little, but the suit sleeves need to be shortened a cm to an inch (~). Oh, wait, you have me on block! Ahahah! *pfft!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads