• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
End-of-the-day-one-foot-steez.

20110404-1.jpg

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by upr_crust
IMGP0337851x1280.jpg

Sweet kicks, Upr. I also, in spite of myself, find that I like that tie. Not 100% on the suit, though. I'll have to check with the Magic 8 Ball later.

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
75c6f3d9.jpg

Who are you? And, what have you done with Spoo?

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ianiceman
Your look is OK if a little bland but a hundred times better than a company logo polo shirt and khakis so credit to you for taking the high road. I have a feeling you will get slaughtered for the sport coat, which looks dated and very unflattering. Baggy, boxy fit, odd buttoning point, very low gorge (where your lapel notches are). Also general SF consensus is that it's a lot harder to pair trousers with a light coloured odd jacket than a darker one (navy, charcoal etc.) Anyway welcome and stick around. Lots to learn here.
Thanks for the advice. I have to start somewhere and I figure I only have room to go up. Meanwhile, today's effort was rushed due to last minute changes at work. My RL khakis were horribly unpressed and will not be appearing in this thread. However, here's a closeup of the Zenga shirt and Fratelli Moda tie. The cord jacket is another rescue gone awry but it seemed to complete the monotone look. Have patience.
IMG_20110404_174441.jpg
IMG_20110404_174416-1.jpg

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sugarbutch

Spoo2.0
lol8[1].gif

Originally Posted by Digmenow
Have patience.

Step 1 - ties.

Dig, PM Threadbearer. Threadbearer, help Dig.

Reconvene at noon.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
New job relegates SF to post-bedtime, so a lot of catching up to do.

(Also, re: Spoo 2.0: Spoo 1.0 might not have been a finished product, but there were worthwhile features. Don't get too soporific on us... [not that there's anything wrong with that"”I like Manton's thread, too])

Originally Posted by Orgetorix

DSCF7513.jpg

Orge, IMO you should make a template from these trousers and get every pair you've got altered to mimic them. Maybe the jacket, too. You look about 15 lbs. lighter and 4 inches taller.

Originally Posted by Toiletduck
P1060592.jpg
[/SPOILER]

No h8, only love for that SC.

Originally Posted by Holdfast
Great suit and outfit colours. I think the safety pin is unnecessarily distracting, and perhaps a different square would have been ideal. But overall, great stuff.

2796M.jpg
[/SPOILER]

Great suit, HF. I know the fit isn't SF-approved, but it's certainly sugarbutch-approved. I also agree about the tie pin in alphabet soup's post. Everything else was lovely.

Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Saturday:
IMG_4598.jpg

IMG_4606.jpg

[/SPOILER]

I see you've already gotten some flack for the red check with the tie, but I suspect your personality (as I imagine it to be) gives you some leeway on these things. Rock on. Cool pic with Lil Ranger, too.

Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Leaning-31.jpg
I know this is one of your stock poses, but I don't think it's doing your nice fit justice. Also, as an officially crowned-by-FredH Nancy, I approve of this shirt.

Originally Posted by Kappelan
mmm119.jpg
Your casual looks are consistently good.

Originally Posted by Emulations
DSCN1703full.jpg
I'll echo the earlier comment about more refined trousers with the SC. Love the tie and PS with it, though. The shirt stripes are competing a bit too strongly with the plaid, IMO. Finally, I think the button stance is a bit too high for your shape. Bringing it down some would lengthen the lines a bit and visually slim your torso.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dig, PM Threadbearer. Threadbearer, help Dig.

Reconvene at noon.

Message received! I post these so that years from now, you can all marvel at how far I've come from yesterday. I'm ironing the pleats in my boxers as we speak.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
IMG_4608.jpg

Originally Posted by Phat Guido
110404019.jpg

Originally Posted by Working Stiff
I don't understand how it is, that blue on blue matchy-matchy is consistently good, while red on red matchy-matchy is consistently terrible, but there it is. Sorry, NYR, but this one does not work.
I think lighting and photography are perhaps bigger factors in making this an unflattering comparison than the color combos.

Threadbearer, help Dig.
Maybe later. First I'm going to try to sell him some used ties.

I know this is one of your stock poses, but I don't think it's doing your nice fit justice. Also, as an officially crowned-by-FredH Nancy, I approve of this shirt.
Shhhh. This pose helps hide the fact that my clothes don't really fit. I thought pink was the nancy color. Lavender, too? Not very butch, I guess.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sweet kicks, Upr. I also, in spite of myself, find that I like that tie. Not 100% on the suit, though. I'll have to check with the Magic 8 Ball later.

The shoes are from Bexley, in Paris - 129 euros, from their shop just off the Blvd. Raspail, and the tie is Charvet, which, around here, is definitely not everyone's taste.

As for Spoo, don't worry - something purple will appear sooner or later, and we'll know that it's really him (and yesterday's attire for Spoo was quite elegant).

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
Please allow me to indulge ....

Asamoah Gyan nails England ... God i love the Black Stars!!!

_51916030_011648821-1.jpg

MOK ... i see you
happy.gif
happy.gif

Sorry for such an old quote, but did everyone see Australia beat Germany too?
bigstar[1].gif

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Prisoner of Rain
110405019.jpg

110405026-1.jpg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Harumph. I have to post directly after someone blue-eyed and handsome, young enough to be my spawn, and who makes his own shoes to boot - and it's raining in NYC. Arghhhh.

Oh, well, for contrast, here's the old geezer wearing what is suited to the morning's monsoon.

IMGP0347490x1280.jpg

IMGP0344833x1280.jpg

IMGP0345804x1280.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads