1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. comrade

comrade Well-Known Member

Sad ,but true.

2. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Well-Known Member

You tend to have a 1.75-2" cuff all the time (a great thing), and IDK, there's something very individual or 'Spoo-like' about your trousers (break, cuff, hem, crease, whatever). I can glimpse a tailored hem-line coming from the inside of the trousers, which is about 2" (?). Plus, the driving shoes, too! :p (Blue suede shoes trumped you, though, no offence!)

Anyway, are you gonna keep us hanging, or what?!

3. JapanAlex01

+1! White shirt, different tie..! Side from that, nice suit/chick! ;)

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Well-Known Member

:laugh: OK, if you say so... :)

I posted the members of the circle yesterday morning... but screwed it up so Rob had to correct it for me.. go back a few pages..

1 person likes this.
  5. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Well-Known Member

Chalk
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

& for the haters
    [​IMG]

6. Pliny

Pliny Well-Known Member

7. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Well-Known Member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone

Get a copy of this book, Dan, or see if you can check one out of your local library: http://www.amazon.com/Clothes-Man-Principles-Fine-Dress/dp/0394546237

It contains lots of great diagrams showing how clothing should fit.

8. luftvier

luftvier Well-Known Member

Not worth it to get the shoulders fixed, unless the suit was REALLY expensive. Shoulder surgery will likely cost more than 100 USD.

Looks great, but I agree with:

Always graciious

Bukkake'd.

9. gyasih

gyasih Well-Known Member

Thanks for the compliment. The shoes are Carmina. The tie is more lime-green, but has a slight sheen to it. Attached is a picture.

[​IMG]

10. ndw

ndw Well-Known Member

Colors and textures here are awesome. Only nit is I wish the collar was slightly better suited for a tie - otherwise, stellar.

This is great.

11. Pliny

Pliny Well-Known Member

okay gyasih my monitor is !!

but those carmina rock - i love their new site - best shoe site on the net, cheers

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  12. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Well-Known Member

oh what the hell...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member

I really should stop skim-reading SF; one starts to transpose letters.

Sharp look.

Loving these colours; their formality contrasts nicely with the slightly more casual windowpane fabric.

Not bad at all, but could be improved easily so worth making a couple of superficial no-cost suggestions:

1) Different tie. The green is too acidic for the rest of the look. If you wanted a statement tie, a darker green would paradoxically actually have stood out more, while not overwhelming the look.
    2) Top button could stand to be unbuttoned. This is purely personal preference admittedly, but I think for a fun evening out sort of look, as you're going for, you could stand to unbutton it, especially as it buttons a little high anyway.
    3) Again a bit of personal preference, but next time you need to buy new shirts, try looking for ones with a higher collar, and possibly a fractionally narrower spread.

Leaving aside fit issues which are hard to judge from photo angle, I like the colours of the jacket and trousers together. As with gyasih above, there are a few simple things that would improve the overall effect:

1) The shirt lets the look down, as it appears "dowdy", for want of a better word. A button down in a solid pale (white, cream) colour may played better.
    2) you could afford to undo a second button when going casual.
    3) I don't get the pink square. You're not the only one to use pink squares in outfits/colours like this, so maybe it's just an aesthetic blindspot of mine, but I just don't find it enhances anything about the look here.

It's just a relatively tight double-4IH; keep practising, and don't be afraid to tighten the knot.

Having said that, it works well for PG (and one or two others) because the rest of their clothes fit correctly. It does not work for a few others who've tried it because of its success on PG, and where it's then added randomly on top of a relatively worse fitting outfit. In that context, it comes across as if they can't tie their knot. Use a standard 4IH (or other standard knot) if your clothes don't fit well enough to sustain the quirk of this particular affectation.
    This photo reminds me of one of your earliest photos on SF, with one of your older Armani suits, which I think you wore with the same tie (or a very similar one). While everything fits better now, I always liked that looser aesthetic on you; it's interesting to see how you've developed a look that combines better fit with at least some of that old looseness now returning (esp. through the legs, arms and some of the other proportions). No matter how much one plays around with shapes, I think there's a deep-seated and hard-to-shift internal preconception of ourselves that drives our choices. Sometimes we're happiest when nourishing and refining that self-image, rather than always pushing to reinvent it. Anyway, I'm rambling. Nice look.

Yesterday:
    [​IMG]

Today:
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. EFV

EFV Well-Known Member

Solid! I love these colours. Close up, the textures, patterns and colours really come to life.

15. Gdot

Gdot Well-Known Member

Your pocket square is staring at me! Make it stop! :slayer:

16. JapanAlex01

Brown belt, please! IMHO, I would prefer a plain shirt (blue/white?), but I can see what you're doing with the black/pink! (See! 2" cuffs! *Wiggles eyebrows. :p)

Edit: Jacket a size too large?

17. MBreinin

MBreinin Well-Known Member

18. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

very very nice mike, and a more subtle use of pink than some other pals round here :hide:

19. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

im not sure but the jacket just seems to be throwing it off. not because its pink mind you. i think you need a more fitted jacket for that look. it just seems to be laying on you and not pulling everything together. and also without the jacket it would be a home run casual look.

btw noice manly chestest hiarz :uhoh:

20. PandArts

PandArts Well-Known Member

Scorchio!

[​IMG]

Deets
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.