1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gdot

Gdot Well-Known Member

Linen DB RLPL Blazer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's the best fitting blazer you've posted so far - definitely on the right track.

I suggest a wider tie with it. Lot's of great ties out there in thrift stores and ebay for not much $$$$$.

Carry on soldier! [​IMG]

2. NOBD

NOBD Well-Known Member

^
    Rather short, isn't it?

3. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Well-Known Member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    [​IMG]

You're not the only one with a logo now, mister. [​IMG]

4. NOBD

NOBD Well-Known Member

You need some work on that logo, TB.

5. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Well-Known Member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    You need some work on that logo, TB.
    I know. *Cough, cough*

6. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Well-Known Member

But more than that, I think those sideburns you are 'adding on' are a good thing; they add something that is workin' for you.
    Agreed, I would kind of like to see you with a mild beard..! No homo!
    Seth Rogen is actually quite fit these days. (http://watchmojo.com/health/blog/wp-...seth-rogen.jpg)
    *half nodding, half rubbing chin

7. NOBD

NOBD Well-Known Member

I know. *Cough, cough*

Looking forward to seeing an improved version.

8. JapanAlex01

...Notice the sleeves, how they are JUST on the edge of being too short...

I was going to mention this, but realised this:

I feel like your tailor must deal in millimetres... [​IMG]

9. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

This is wool from "Light Panama & High Twist" Drapers bunch.
    We made this jaket on canvas with linning.

Looks very good, Maciek. Great proportions and nice color. Vibrant but not too loud. If there's anything to nitpick, the gorge looks a little too high. And I like a high-ish gorge. Did you cut/tailor this yourself? I see you're featured on the Zaremba website.

Suit: Zaremba Bespoke
    Shirt: Zaremba Bespoke
    tie: Sam Hober
    This is my new summer suit inspired by the Naples style that I adore. I would like to know your opinion.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member

So added a button to this suit, see what you think
    Definitely better now. You can afford to unbutton the top button now; I think it will naturally roll a little lower given the slight tension visible.
    Suit: Zaremba Bespoke
    This off-navy shade of blue seems popular this year. It looks best under bright sunshine, and under those conditions I think it's really quite beautiful.
    I like the way your square is fluttering here. Perhaps a shade darker tie, to echo the shoes?
    [​IMG]
    The square seems a bit out of place here, esp. in that fold. Otherwise, it has a neat chilled out vibe.
    [​IMG]
    I really like that jacket a lot, though feel it's probably best used in conjunction with its matching trousers (or with a slightly darker shade of odd trousers). The overall look is nice and relaxed though. PS. in answer to your earlier question, yes, it was the infamous Hathaway number. Over time it's gradually losing its bright-whiteness and veering into off-white, making it more versatile. Still very eye-catching tho'! [​IMG]
    Taken at a mardi gras-like/masquerade ball thing over the 4th of July weekend. I finally got around to posting these up.
    Looks like you both had great fun. Nice pics. [​IMG] Can't compete with C_N's awesome tassel loafers, but...
    [​IMG]
    Lowest pic shows the bow-tie at the end of the day, showing the nicely wilted state they will end up in, if unfussed with during the course of the day.

11. JapanAlex01

If I had a stamp, I would have something like this (although, it could use some work! The typeface methinks)! For me, the best place to place it (photo permitting) is aligned to the golden ratio! [​IMG]

12. Gdot

Gdot Well-Known Member

Wow, it seems like you are in a totally different league. [​IMG]

[/SPOILER]I like this navy+white combination. But your tie looks a little heavy on your casual look. What about burgundy or green regimental tie?

The jacket is getting tight. I need to go to gym tonight! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [/SPOILER]

Molayo - you sure have good fits! (I hear you about the constant need to keep those buttons from getting to tight.) I miss the old days when a guy could wear a suit with a little 'room' in it. Those old ugly 'sack suits' allowed more leeway for variations of more than an ounce or two of weight. [​IMG]

Shoes look good too.

Tie might be just a LITTLE bit too wide. Any chance we could convince you to get a little wilder with your ties and squares? You might be able to get away with having a bit more fun!

13. EFV

EFV Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Wow, I love that bow tie. Paisley actually never looks as good as it does on a bow tie (and this was an awesome specimen).

14. kgmessier

kgmessier Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Wow, I love that bow tie. Paisley actually never looks as good as it does on a bow tie (and this was an awesome specimen).

+1, particularly on this shirt. Looks like someone spilled Art Room all over Math Class. Great contrast.

15. philosophe

philosophe Well-Known Member

+1 to Parker's comments, Maciek.

Lovely SC, HF. Memory says it is a Zegna, but I could be wrong. The trimmer cut is flattering.

16. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Well-Known Member

Holdfast - that SC fit is really working for you! very flattering.

17. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member

I was told by a lady I met today that it was "admittedly a bit flamboyant but that I could get away with it". The amusing coda is that the lady in question is currently really quite manic... and still only just barely approved the flashy pattern... ... hmmmmm... [​IMG] (she also correctly remembered that the last time I met her I had been wearing "correspondent shoes" (how refreshing that she used that name for them rather than spectators), so I suppose today was something of a more subdued look by comparison!)
    Looks like someone spilled Art Room all over Math Class. Great contrast.
    That's such a hilarious way to look at it; I never thought of it that way, but now I wish I had! The Art in this case comes from Ede & Ravenscroft, the Math is by Sartorial Executive/Rayner & Sturges.
    Lovely SC, HF. Memory says it is a Zegna, but I could be wrong. The trimmer cut is flattering.
    Holdfast - that SC fit is really working for you! very flattering.
    Thank you both. The jacket is actually Ede & Ravenscroft bespoke, and is I suppose at least a couple of years old now, if not a bit more. Still fits quite nicely though.

18. Cravate_Noire

Cravate_Noire Well-Known Member

Looks very good, Maciek. Great proportions and nice color. Vibrant but not too loud. If there's anything to nitpick, the gorge looks a little too high. And I like a high-ish gorge. Did you cut/tailor this yourself? I see you're featured on the Zaremba website.

[/spoiler]

He's to Zaremba what Luca is to Rubinacci [​IMG] .

19. oldog/oldtrix

oldog/oldtrix Well-Known Member

I miss the old days when a guy could wear a suit with a little 'room' in it.

Me too.

20. macaroni

macaroni Well-Known Member

He's to Zaremba what Luca is to Rubinacci [​IMG] .

True.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.