• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im fairly confident that 80% or more of my suits and sportcoats all have a fabric label on the inside. And over half of my trousers as well have a fabric house label inside. Its a tag. not a stylistic choice.

In RTW, yes, you're right, most suits and SC have a fabric tag. For MTM or bespoke, it becomes a stylistic choice:

None of mine do, but my tailor will do it if you ask him to.

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
"A shiny tight suit with no tie is not usually an SF-approved look. And nor should it be. That's not hate, it's consistency. "

"Tight silver suit, stripey shirt and no tie? **** no, from me anyway."

Dormeuil SuperBrio mohair.

It takes a very refined taste to appreciate LabelKings outfits. LabelKing is a living style icon. Mimo on the other hand is as delicate a dresser as a repoussé shaped by a sledgehammer.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
One day we will all be chased out of the village by an angry mob with pitchforks and torches. And grey socks, probably.

Edit: (pB)

Clap (MiniMe): kisses x

Last edited:

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I really dislike the contrasty "fake" pick stitching on the lapels. The jacket feels too country to go with this tie or square otherwise nice colours and shoes.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been on vacation for a bit. I took a bunch of pics. I'll post one a day because I'll be low on material for a while. No work and all.

6/28/13 in Boston

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Nice AAS - maybe a shoe upgrade required though. I don't normally like patterned knit ties, but that combo is fun in a good way. Thumbed.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AS - nice look.

clap - that post almost knocked me off my chair.

My thoughts exactly :slayer:
Just checked the tracking, should be there any day now.

can. not. wait.

Nice looking suit. Does the Tiberias webpage improve once you are a member? It seems haphazardly set up as it is. How are the prices?

is very clean and easy to navigate one you join. and joining is free. go for it.

i think the prices may have changed since he started, youd have to join and check.

That is beautiful! Coincidentally, I am expecting my Tiberias suit to be delivered today. :)

awesome. cant wait to see yours.

Very nice suit, but... I don't think sporting a fabric label on the inside of your jacket can ever be considered stylish. I'm also not convinced about the combination of informal patch pockets and this very formal looking fabric. Seems a bit like a stylistic oxymoron to me.
But I'm just nitpicking, enjoy your new suit! (I do hope the construction quality of Tiberias' suits is better than that of their website...)

well, its on the inside, and its nice to know the fabric. i cant hardly imagine that being a big deal at all. the patch pockets were intentional. i like them, and i think they take down the formality a notch with looking odd. its certainly not uncommon as far as i know. not to mention, i dont think twill is a particularly formal fabric imo.

the construction and quality of the suit are top notch. i assure you.

and thanks!

I am 100-percent confident that this is a subject on which it is completely unnecessary to have an opinion, let alone a strong one.

lolz

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

I am 100-percent confident that this is a subject on which it is completely unnecessary to have an opinion, let alone a strong one.

this is SF. a forum filled with thousands and thousands of posts and threads debating for days/weeks/months most subjects on which it is pretty unnecessary to have a strong opinion on.

fuckin n00b. ;)

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

well, its on the inside, and its nice to know the fabric. i cant hardly imagine that being a big deal at all. the patch pockets were intentional. i like them, and i think they take down the formality a notch with looking odd. its certainly not uncommon as far as i know. not to mention, i dont think twill is a particularly formal fabric imo.

:fu::fu::fu::fu:

you fuckin hillbilly.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Aravenel has chode foot, too.

I can confirm.

It's the worst. I'm basically stuck with AE or Alden in RTW shoes as they are about the only ones that make EEEs across a large range of their shoes. So, to all of you with sleek, sexy G&Gs or EGs, burn in Hell.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Edit: nice combo. Is that a frivolous PS?
Thanks, and aren't they all frivolous?
I like your shoes.
Thank you.
That pleated besom pocket though... Have mercy.
Is that an expression of joy? Or dismay?
I really dislike the contrasty "fake" pick stitching on the lapels. The jacket feels too country to go with this tie or square otherwise nice colours and shoes.
Thank you. Given my druthers, I would skip the pick-stitching, but it doesn't bother me enough to pass up on the jacket.
I've been on vacation for a bit. I took a bunch of pics. I'll post one a day because I'll be low on material for a while. No work and all.
6/28/13 in Boston
The shoes, my man, are hurting my feelings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads