• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kappelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

michaelyork

Reaction score
I was planning on wearing this tuxedo tonight and getting the pants altered this afternoon.
Can you experts please advise me--is the fit alright on this? Or is it too large?
Any advice gratefully appreciated! Please excuse the lack of wingtip shirt, bowtie, proper tux shoes, etc.

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Flew in just for a meeting regarding the accreditation of the Business School. Can't believe how inefficient the process is, but hey, gave me a reason to dress up, and no reason to be conservative.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dude, put some shoes on.

steffenbp11

Reaction score
Michaelyork it is very hard not to be biased by the lack of shoes and the quality of the photos, but the tux definately looks a size too big at least in the body. And lose the shirt. Also too big and too baggy. On another note this thread is what you are wearing, not what you plan to wear - there are plenty of fit critique threads :)

Last edited:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

I was planning on wearing this tuxedo tonight and getting the pants altered this afternoon.  

Can you experts please advise me--is the fit alright on this?  Or is it too large?
Any advice gratefully appreciated!   Please excuse the lack of wingtip shirt, bowtie, proper tux shoes, etc.  

are you a photographer?

also, please put on shoes or crop the bottom. i dont wanna see yo nasty feetz.

michaelyork

Reaction score
Michaelyork it is very hard not to be biased by the lack of shoes and the quality of the photos, but the tux definately looks a size too big at least in the body. And lose the shirt. Also too big and too baggy. On another note this thread is what you are wearing, not what you plan to wear - there are plenty of fit critique threads
smile.gif

Thanks for the reply. I have tux shoes and a proper wingtip shirt and silk black bowtie ready to go. just wanted feedback on the fit of the tux itself.

which is the fit critique thread? there is some for non-formal clothes, where is the one for formal clothes?

are you a photographer?

not sure what this has to do with anything, but no i am not a photographer, if you cant tell already. no its not a wedding i'm going to where i will be the photographer if thats what you are asking. can you please clarify your question?

Last edited:

michaelyork

Reaction score
also, here is the same tux on a mannequin, if that helps to determine if it is too big or not.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
big T and SB - fabooolooos.

myork - the suit is too big, though your picture really is horrible and you cant even tell its the same item. and serious, please have the respect to put some shoes on in the future.

Last edited:

Albert Hal

Reaction score

More vintage: Jacket, glasses and hat from the 1960´s. Tie from the 50´s. Suede shoes and trousers are new.

Interesting branding of the fabric. Polyester with linen sturcture was called Terry Linen.

But most exciting is the name of the model; Lorry. That was the name of a famous Swedish night club at that time. Dressed in this outfit you will attract women and be succsessful on the dance floor. (The price 675 SEK is approx. the same as today)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads