1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

deets on tie, SB? not a bad look, tho kind of snoozy.

2. ImTheGroom

ImTheGroom Well-Known Member

I saw a neat vignette on CBC once about how he gets his jackets made. He goes to Fabricland, and picks out some sort of curtain fabric, or whatever other garbage, and then takes it to a high end tailor who turns it into an abomination.

@upr_crust glad you enjoyed! You must not have looked at anyone's clothing, lol. I'm still a Toronto boy at heart, though, which explains why I own more than two ties.

3. GothamRed

GothamRed Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  4. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Well-Known Member

stitchy, the tie is...

...Lands End. Not baller at all, and kind of hard to get a decent knot. Thus, the weakness of today's knot. :embar:

5. inlandisland

inlandisland Well-Known Member

Mine is a wool LE today too, although I find the knot on this one is okay.

6. mrjester

mrjester Well-Known Member

I have one almost like it but from BB. It was 3", had it widened to about 3.5 but the knot still looks weird as well. I love the pattern though.

Also, here you go, a re-do. You can actually see my face. Myself and a hot friend at a volleyball holiday party. Yes, it's the exact same outfit as before since it was the same party, but the picture actually has clarity. And the.. accessories.. aren't too shabby either.

[​IMG]

Any guy that has a chip and putt course in his backyard is good in my book. Played until 2am.
    [​IMG]

8 people like this.
  7. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

aha. i see. looks just like a SFA cashmere tie i used to have. also had issues with teh knot.

1 person likes this.
  8. upr_crust

upr_crust Well-Known Member

I actually did see a few men in suits while in Vancouver, though not when out to dinner - even eating at Jean-Georges Market for dinner, my partner and I were the only men in ties (with the exception of the help).

Hiking boots were much more useful in Vancouver than neckties - a byproduct of all that massive Nature with a capital N that surrounds the place.

9. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Well-Known Member

Today I'm in as much linen as possible and I forgot my PS -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Herringbone Sydney
    Kamakura linen
    Henry Carter peach linen
    Carmina captoes

12 people like this.
  10. Stugotes

Stugotes Well-Known Member

Funny you would say that, I have a LE tie I bought second hand and it knots way better than the Cappellis or any other ties I have.

11. GMMcL

GMMcL Well-Known Member

You can say that again. No really. Again please. But pics or it didn't happen.

12. arnathor

arnathor Well-Known Member

(Note: Have been looking a little too much at Ralph Lauren website in regards to hand posing)
    Anyway! WIWT

BB OCBD
    Fisherman Out of Ireland Jumper
    7 For Mankind Jeans
    LL Bean Maine Hunting Boots

[​IMG]

13. arnathor

You look sharp and she is beautiful!

1 person likes this.
  14. YRR92

YRR92 Well-Known Member

^^

That's a lot of grooming for how casual that look is, arnathor. If your hair just does that, you've won the genetic lottery. If it takes a lot of work to get it there, leave a step or two out when dressing this casually.

Also, I don't like the laceless bean boots as much as I like the bean mocs. I'm sure the long, laceless boot upper holds them on a little better than the mocs do, but it looks a little odd like this.

Kind of more MC Casual, obviously, but that thread tends to hide from time to time.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  15. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Well-Known Member

It's not that special of a haircut, plenty of guys wear it like that over here. Just comb your hair after a shower and put some hair product in it. Takes 3 mins max. Blow dry it if you want some more volume.

16. YRR92

YRR92 Well-Known Member

I know. It doesn't look precious or anything, just really clean-cut, especially with a totally clean shave. Borderline too clean-cut for super faded jeans, the Bean boot thing, and that sweater.

1 person likes this.
  17. arnathor

Today's work was a mix bit of a mixed bag. Needed to move around without having to worry about getting dirty but also had to stay warm. Sweater is a good merino wool/alpaca blend, so it did the trick outside and the boots allowed me to slush through the snow. But this is why I post, I like the comments and refinements I could make. I wouldn't post to here if I was expecting a variety of opinions.

I like the call gents!

1 person likes this.
  18. ImTheGroom

I
    . I would skip the product. Blow dry it if you want to shape it, but leave it untethered.

1 person likes this.
  19. arnathor

I need to actually try and blowdry it sometime, that is too much work for me... But it would save on my layrite usage. Thanks Breh!

20. ImTheGroom

I used to think that, then I tried it. My hair is about the same length, and pretty thick, and it takes well under 10 minutes to blow dry completely. I started doing it when I was experimenting with ways to eliminate the "wall and curl" look in the front. Just brush it as you blow dry it, and it stays there. I don't out anything in my hair anymore, unless it's really important for it to stay put perfectly all day, or if it gotten too shaggy to manage.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.