• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Looks like she's having none of it!

Trousers are so short they make you look like a street urchin rather than a polished clothes enthusiast. You already know my thoughts on doing your tie like that. :)

And here is a thought for you and Sheepy, who have both posted pics with very good looking other halves recently. I'm wary of the potential for disaster with this comment so please accept it in the spirit with which is was meant. I used to date a drill team director who told me that the best way for a lady to stand posing for a picture is with one heel almost exactly in front of the other, just a couple of inches between them, with toes pointed slightly out. It's the most flattering and ladylike way for a lady to stand. Some ladies hate having their picture taken as they are never happy with the results. You'll be amazed how they may change their minds when they see their pics if they stand this way.

Tirailleur1

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Looks like she's having none of it!

Trousers are so short they make you look like a street urchin rather than a polished clothes enthusiast. You already know my thoughts on doing your tie like that.
smile.gif

And here is a thought for you and Sheepy, who have both posted pics with very good looking other halves recently. I'm wary of the potential for disaster with this comment so please accept it in the spirit with which is was meant. I used to date a drill team director who told me that the best way for a lady to stand posing for a picture is with one heel almost exactly in front of the other, just a couple of inches between them, with toes pointed slightly out. It's the most flattering and ladylike way for a lady to stand. Some ladies hate having their picture taken as they are never happy with the results. You'll be amazed how they may change their minds when they see their pics if they stand this way.

didn't realize the narrow blade was even that longer till I took the pic. i would have tucked it in. as for the pants. Sometimes I like em high; Sometimes I like em regular. And calling me a street urchin is the biggest compliment I can get on sf. I am going to print that out and put it on my fridge so that my mama can see it.
happy.gif

Last edited:

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

didn't realize the narrow blade was even that lomger till i took the pic. i would have tucked it in. as for the pants. sometimes i like em high. sometimes i like em regular. and calling me a street urchin is the biggest compliment i can get on sf. I am going to print that out and put it on my frige so that my mama can see it. :happy:

:D take a look at some pics of the Small Faces during their earlier mod phase before they went all psychedelic shirts and cravats. They all have great jackets, shirts and ties and look poverty stricken from the knees down, with half mast trousers (= high waters) and scruffy shapeless suede shoes or scuffed up two tone bucks!

Tirailleur1

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
biggrin.gif
take a look at some pics of the Small Faces during their earlier mod phase before they went all psychedelic shirts and cravats. They all have great jackets, shirts and ties and look poverty stricken from the knees down, with half mast trousers (= high waters) and scruffy shapeless suede shoes or scuffed up two tone bucks!

that kiss wasn't planned also.
lol8[1].gif
. she wasn't expecting it .

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And calling me a street urchin is the biggest compliment I can get on sf. I am going to print that out and put it on my fridge so that my mama can see it. :happy:

your custom title should be, "street urchin."

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:)

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Trill, that tie Dunhill?

And street urchin would be a pretty sweet title.

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Messy linen! :) I kinda like the 'spontaneous sprezzatura' going on in these pics, after running around the whole sunday afternoon with my little girl at the playground in 35 degrees C... Though I hate those curled up shirt collar points :(

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not the first time I am wearing this outfit, but I liked it and I will be using for a short meeting tomorrow. Still undecided on the PS, might PS-less (a look I use much more often than not).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads