1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

That's the one! CP, I think you're grinning in the picture. So is everyone within a thousand yards. In a good way. You look INCREDIBLE! (But next stop shoe polish or newness)

(Beetle, that's the same place as the caiman ones, right? Cool...!)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  2. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Well-Known Member

Thanks, Mimo! Yes, indeed, I was smiling!

As for the shoes, in real, normal daylight, the shoes look better, cleaner, and more polished. There is no normal light in Michigan in December! :( I agree that, in the photo, they look messy.

1 person likes this.
  3. michaelyork

michaelyork Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback Spezziamo and ImTheGroom.

The overcoat is size 52. I'm 5'11" / 181cm (no shoes, no socks, doctor's measurement) and 166lb weight.
    I bought the overcoat in Milano a few months ago. I tried on 50, the sleeves were short and it felt tight in the chest/underarms area--especially if I stretched my arms out. But 50 was also loose in the lower chest, waist and gut area! Still sales guy said "no, no 50 for you! 52 for you!. you shoulders!" I don't know if he was just trying to sell to me.

Apologies also for the poor quality photo. it's phone and the angle is bizarre. Just noticed that the photo makes it look like I have a gold earring and a white beard stubble! [​IMG] neither which i have.

Obviously i plan to wear it over suits as well, but as often without. i'll try to get a suit pic.

This is what a suit size 52 fits on me like. Is it too big? Obviously it is also new--pants not hemmed, sleeves unfinished, etc. The suit is Drop 8.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My body could just be weird--i have relatively broad shoulders. the shirt is too big for me, i know.

Other big problem is, I live in Toronto now. In that overcoat, I am freezing, the fabric is so thin. I need to get a proper long coat in a thick cashmere.

4. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

CP, I should never have doubted you! But really, that looks fantastic. All those crazy bow ties of yours, it's about time you released your inner dandy on the suits. This is all win, I'm delighted for you. :)

5. HenryWolf

HenryWolf Member

Yes, the specs for the collar, please. Thanks.

6. clarinetplayer

7. clarinetplayer

Again, thanks! No! I'm glad that you doubted me. And, you did so in a gentlemanly way.

1 person likes this.
  8. Gianni Cerutti

Gianni Cerutti Well-Known Member

BEAUTIFUL overcoat and ties

2 people like this.
  9. sansimeon

sansimeon Well-Known Member

New shoes and new (thrifted) tie today! Comments on the tie/shirt combo? I normally only wear darker ties but couldnt pass on this Corneliani for $1.50 [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  10. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

i am.

so sorry.

bro.

its a gorgeous tie, no matter what DerekS says.

--

CP - that is brilliant.

11. emiristol

emiristol Well-Known Member

Where are the shoes from? That's gorgeous colouring.

12. Cotton Dockers

Cotton Dockers Well-Known Member

Very nice. That tie adds just the right amount of visual interest.

Love the new square. Happy Hanukkah, brother.

Good for you for going out of your comfort zone. Looks great. Do you think it will be a regular in the rotation?

Thanks for the thumbs yesterday, gents. More Tweed today:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8 people like this.
  13. kulata

kulata Well-Known Member

Bulk up. Hit the gym and add some muscle definition

1 person likes this.
  14. SeaJen

SeaJen Well-Known Member

Thanks and Happy Hanukkah to you, too. Last of the crazy nights tonight! By the way, from where was the deer bone purchased?
    Another nice tweed, but surely you are a rare bird indeed in the city of Angels, and even more so as an entertainment attorney (I recall that correctly, right?), wearing tweed. What is it today, 65deg?

15. sansimeon

sansimeon Well-Known Member

Thanks! They're from Cordwainer. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. Bill Dlwgosh

Bill Dlwgosh Well-Known Member

This was a Very mild week by TO Winter standards. That jacket will be useless in a month, unless you're wearing 5 layers under it at which point it'd fit at least.

17. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member

And here's me thinking the light in England is poor. Mind you, part of that is my fault as I don't generally get up until late in the morning, so the actual amount of daylight I see is similar to you.

Ha, I don't really like patch pocket suits for myself, but I do really like that fabric. Whole suit looks great on you, too.

18. SeaJen

SeaJen Well-Known Member

Wow! How nice. When young children entered the fray such decadence exited, but I remember those times fondly.

19. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Well-Known Member

I just taught my students about the mathematics of this last week. [​IMG] Science and math at it's best (or worst for you).

20. michaelyork

michaelyork Well-Known Member

Thanks for the constructive criticism. (I think? or intentionally snarky?!? can't tell!)

Yeah, I have no definition in my shoulders/arms. need to get that somehow. the suit and coat are both 52! that's a large. also 50 is tight in the shoulders/chest and very loose in the gut area. bulking won't help that. but will it help me fit better into 52?

not doing this though--which seems to be a very popular retort to the 'bulk up!' comment in the streetwear side of styleforum.
    [​IMG]

what do you wear in the winter?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.