1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDMills

JDMills Well-Known Member

^^ Crusty- That blazer looks seriously great on you, I think it fits you amazingly well and makes you look slim! I have a similar shirt and couldnt figure out what kind of tie to wear with it and I think the burgundy plain is a great combo.

2. Crombie

Crombie Member

Troll/Puppet...............

My, you're a little ray of sunshine.

Who suggested you for the welcoming committee?

3. EFV

EFV Well-Known Member

Wider lapels please..[​IMG]
    Yeah, and also: 1. Where are the shirt's cuffs? I think sleeves are too long. 2. Jacket could be just at tad longer. 3. Tie knot needs some work. 4. The overall impression is awfully "boxy", but if that's the style this dude is going for I think he should stick to it. [​IMG]

4. wannabe

wannabe Well-Known Member

Hey everyone.

I was wondering if I could get some comments on my new suit jacket! I'm kicking myself in the head for not getting the rest of the suit, so I'm going to guy try to find the pants this weekend.

What kind of buttons would make this jacket pop as both a blazer and as part of a suit? I was thinking dark brown, but am open to any suggestions.

Damn glare today! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tan Nautica Suit Jacket.
    Light Blue Express Shirt.
    Tan/Dark Blue/Light Blue J. Crew Tie.
    Silver Tie Bar.
    Dark Blue Pocket Square.
    Dark Blue Levi's 511 Jeans.
    Burgundy LL Bean Loafers.

5. NOBD

NOBD Well-Known Member

Hey everyone. I'm kicking myself in the head
    It shows. Be gentle with yourself.

6. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Well-Known Member

Hey everyone. I was wondering if I could get some comments on my new suit jacket! I'm kicking myself in the head for not getting the rest of the suit, so I'm going to guy try to find the pants this weekend. What kind of buttons would make this jacket pop as both a blazer and as part of a suit? I was thinking dark brown, but am open to any suggestions. Damn glare today! [​IMG] [​IMG] Tan Nautica Suit Jacket. Light Blue Express Shirt. Tan/Dark Blue/Light Blue J. Crew Tie. Silver Tie Bar. Dark Blue Pocket Square. Dark Blue Levi's 511 Jeans. Burgundy LL Bean Loafers.
    I'd like to see what those jeans look like rolled-up an inch or two. I think the jacket is a little short and has a high button-point! Like it with the tie and square, though! [​IMG] Is that a full or half Windsor? Might look better with a half or 4-in-hand, cos it's more casual?

7. Navi

Navi Well-Known Member

Hey everyone.

I was wondering if I could get some comments on my new suit jacket! I'm kicking myself in the head for not getting the rest of the suit, so I'm going to guy try to find the pants this weekend.

What kind of buttons would make this jacket pop as both a blazer and as part of a suit? I was thinking dark brown, but am open to any suggestions.

Damn glare today! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tan Nautica Suit Jacket.
    Light Blue Express Shirt.
    Tan/Dark Blue/Light Blue J. Crew Tie.
    Silver Tie Bar.
    Dark Blue Pocket Square.
    Dark Blue Levi's 511 Jeans.
    Burgundy LL Bean Loafers.

Please stop wearing jeans with otherwise formal fits man...

8. wannabe

wannabe Well-Known Member

It shows. Be gentle with yourself.
    [​IMG] If I daresay, my kung-fu skills are pretty awesome.
    I'd like to see what those jeans look like rolled-up an inch or two. I think the jacket is a little short and has a high button-point! Like it with the tie and square, though! [​IMG] Is that a full or half Windsor? Might look better with a half or 4-in-hand, cos it's more casual?
    The jacket is a kid's size 16, [​IMG] . The knot is a full Windsor. I do agree with you about the jacket size and button point; perhaps it's because of the extremely low-rise jeans throwing everything out of proportion. How do you feel about the jacket shoulders? Also, would you recommend that showing ankle trend? Glad you liked the tie and PS combo though, and thanks for your advice!
    Please stop wearing jeans with otherwise formal fits man...
    [​IMG] I know. Properly-fitting pants at my price range are very difficult to find, so I've resorted to wearing jeans. A lot. And my khakis with this would make me look like I can't match suit separates properly.

9. JapanAlex01

The jacket is a kid's size 16, [​IMG]. The knot is a full Windsor. I do agree with you about the jacket size and button point. How do you feel about the shoulders?

[​IMG] I know. Properly-fitting pants at my price range are very difficult to find, so I've resorted to wearing jeans. A lot.

Just get some navy chinos! Versatile, because of the colour, and you can transcend casual to smart quite easily! (Plus, would work nice with that blazer colour!)

I think, if it's a short, you need to go up to a regular! Your shirt cuffs aren't showing. That may be due to short shirt or long blazer sleeves, but it's not too bad. The top button really needs to be half-way between where it lies now and the second one! The length needs to sit just over your ass/past your crotch! It is a little tight, I just think one size/length up would fit you better!

Personally, I like the colour combo. I like grey, navy and burgundy! Just fold the jeans up a little, take off socks (if wearing) and do a half-Windsor!

10. acecow

acecow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

These are not details of the fit:

[​IMG]
    So what are you doing then?

[​IMG]
    It's the same thing we did last time.

[​IMG]
    I am not being a part of this.

[​IMG]
    Too late. I've already included you.

[​IMG]
    Fine. so what is it about this time.

[​IMG]
    Well, the sushi was pretty. Let's show that off.

[​IMG]
    You realize you just repeated that last picture of yourself.

[​IMG]
    I know, but there isn't a whole lot of me to work with here.

[​IMG]
    Just show off the sushi.

[​IMG]

Congratulations, you've become a very well-dressed gentleman. I'm sure your lovely wife is proud of you. If not, then we all definitely are.

11. NOBD

NOBD Well-Known Member

[​IMG] If I daresay, my kung-fu skills are pretty awesome.

[​IMG]

12. ColonialBoy

ColonialBoy Well-Known Member

Thanks for a good comment. [​IMG] I usually wear a blue shirt + a navy tie / a white shirt + a burgundy tie. It's time to change the habit!

Blue suit, light blue shirt and blue polka dot tie (small dots) is a monochrome look that can work well.

13. IronRock

IronRock Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Just such a great improvement from your first posts. Congratulations!

14. pvrhye

pvrhye Well-Known Member

Hey everyone.

I was wondering if I could get some comments on my new suit jacket!.

too tight through the lower chest

15. Crombie

Crombie Member

I call bullshit

Good for you

Also Crombie if you're going to come here, post terrible outfits, then completely disregard all comments and critiques, why exactly are you here?
    Obviously in the hope of drinking from the font of your infinite wisdom. But since you didn't offer any, I'm not sure why you jumped in with such thoughtful comments.

For praise?
    Ah, praise from you Navi - something of which I can only dream.

16. JapanAlex01

[​IMG]
    For a hat like that (and it seems like a nice hat), you should wear a solid, white shirt, imo! Different trouser colour?

17. Achillus

Achillus Well-Known Member

Suit: The Society Shop MTM Tie: SUSU Black Pocket square: SUSU White Shirt: Oger MTM Shoes: Magnanni [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

18. W.R.

W.R. Well-Known Member

That's BS. At least the «uansett» part. What is this, the military? Or does that look like a church to you?

I was on my way in, and hadn't reached the office yet.

I think this sums it up fairly well:

19. Philip1978

Philip1978 Well-Known Member

My, you're a little ray of sunshine.

Who suggested you for the welcoming committee?

I roll it out for those who deserve it.

20. JapanAlex01

Suit: The Society Shop MTM
    Tie: SUSU Black
    Pocket square: SUSU White
    Shirt: Oger MTM
    Shoes: Magnanni

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

If that's a black suit (?), I think you should wear black shoes! Would burgundy work? Red/white bucks (or does that sound cheesy)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.