1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kgmessier

kgmessier Well-Known Member

2. luftvier

luftvier Well-Known Member

Only one, Spoo? You're not living to the fullest This year's first portrait shoot comes courtesy of my friend Alex Wilson
    [​IMG] More at Mode Parade

Effin' A, barims.
    [​IMG]
    Am I sensing a bow-tie trend? Where are we on the SF hype cycle re: bowties?
    Here's an overcast summer day for me - definitely need to get my jacket sleeves shortened.
    [​IMG] fun socks [​IMG]

What Vox said. These colors don't work together at all.

3. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    This one gets my vote for best ever SF cameltoe by the way.

4. gnatty8

gnatty8 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Nice bow Skinny, I like it.

5. Digmenow

Digmenow Well-Known Member

I understand your frustration, Dig, but I don't think you're going to get good advice on that front unless you get some better pics in better light.

Under the circumstance, here's all I can offer: Harris tweeds are great in general, but that one in particular looks kind of meh. If it's on sale for a great price, and if you feel you could punch it up with the right combination of other colors, go for it. If not, better to leave it on the rack and save your money for a piece that really calls your name.

I went back to take another look since today was 20% off day. The jacket (American tailored) just didn't look the same on me this time around although it's only a few days later. This is what the label looked like.

[​IMG]

Oddly, they pulled out a new rack while I was in the store and there was ANOTHER Harris Tweed (Canadian) hanging there, darker and better looking to my eye.

This version label was in the Canadian model.
    [​IMG]

It was a bit too large in the shoulders though but it made me realize the truth of your words. I left them both. My day will come.

6. gourdy

gourdy New Member

[​IMG]

Outstanding. Nice job capturing the blue hands on the Antea! *jealous*

7. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Well-Known Member

Effin' A, barims.

Am I sensing a bow-tie trend? Where are we on the SF hype cycle re: bowties?

What Vox said. These colors don't work together at all.

It'll be backlash before you know it.

Nice bow Skinny, I like it.

Thanks gnatty!

8. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

^ Basics before patterned hanky, for the luv of God!

- B

i am still waiting on your permission to wear a hanky [​IMG]

9. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Well-Known Member

Got inspired by all the nice bowties pics there has been recently and decided to go with one today. Extremely hot in here at the moment, so linen it was (except the bowtie)...
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Son, I like the cut of your jib. Please keep posting.
    OK, time to throw myself to the wolves. This is a baseline image; an example of what I am wearing to work today. I am only just now starting the process of collecting a real wardrobe, so additional images may be few and far between for a while.
    I am also aware of some glaring problems here. First, the shirt is WAY too big. In my defense, I've lost nearly 50 lbs, and most of my clothes pre-date the weight loss (like the shirt) or were acquired during the process (the cargo pants). My belt is at it's tightest, and yet is not snug at all (I'm out of belt holes). I'm mostly posting this to document how bad I look now. I've got three wool suits, some 100% cotton shirts (also too big), and a handful of silk ties; I may take a few staged photos with those to show what I've got to work with for now. Two of the suits are too big (I took them in about 30 lbs ago, which is a whole size below what I bought them at, but they need to be tailored again), and the third is from undergrad 12-15 years ago and now fits again (kinda - I can button the jacket and it doesn't fight back or cry out in agony). I'm not done re-shaping my body - at 6'2" and about 200 lbs, I've got some more fat to trim and muscle to add, but I'm moving into management at work (academic environment) and I can no longer afford to delay getting a "grown-up" wardrobe. OK, enough pre-emptive begging for mercy. It's time to start the cutting. Nurse, scalpel please. (3 edits later and I've finally got the courage to hit "submit"! [​IMG] ) [​IMG][/SPOILER]

as you know, shirt's too big. probably not even worth tailoring at this point. those pants are casual, not business, not even business casual. can't see the shoes but i'm sure they need work [​IMG] welcome and keep posting!
    Hermes suit and shirt Brioni Tie, AE shoes
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][/SPOILER]

[​IMG] gotta work on that whole resizing thing... 1. Tie dimple needs work 2. Jacket fit's ok, sleeves are a bit long 3. Pants definitely too long, and somewhat baggy 4. looking good and nice to see pics from you!
    Here's an overcast summer day for me - definitely need to get my jacket sleeves shortened.
    [​IMG]
    fun socks
    [​IMG]
    Jacket also looks about 1-2 inches too long. If that's a regular, you need a short.
    [​IMG]
    Lookin' good skinny. you lose weight or is it just the angle/mirror? .

10. allaboutshoes

allaboutshoes Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where PhatGuido is?
    OK i HATE to do this but.... WHERE THE F*%# IS PHAT GUIDO?

11. IronRock

IronRock Well-Known Member

OK i HATE to do this but....
    WHERE THE F*%# IS PHAT GUIDO?

Hong Kong..?

[​IMG]

I think bows look better without a button down. I like though.

QUOTE=Orgetorix;4628099][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][/quote][/SPOILER]
    Really like.

I’m glad this thread is still keeping things interesting…

In an effort to revive the meme of the picture Mr. Sartoria use for his Esquire entry; (maybe an image you should claim, Mr. Poker in your ongoing series of meme profile pictures?) Here is a little ensemble I wore for a recent fundraiser at the zoo. The invitation did read “safari chic”. I hope this qualified…

[​IMG]

A close-up of the accessories. If you look close you will be able to see the half belt and gathered back of the coat I wore underneath:

[​IMG]

Chapeau: Authentic Pith
    Cravat: Custom, Carrot and Gibbs
    Shirt: Made to Measure, Hickey-Freeman
    Suit: Made to Measure, Polo Ralph Lauren
    Shoes: Alden
    Braces: Trafalgar
    Hose: Pantherella
    Crop: Antique
    Watch Chain: Antique​

Bonus picture of a Polar Bear posterior:
    [​IMG]

Just fantastic!!

[​IMG]

Perhaps it's the camera angle and you bowing your head, but I didn't recognize you at all from the first picture.

Won't mention the trousers again but just so much better without the tash! You pictures are way to BIG.

12. pvrhye

pvrhye Well-Known Member

Who is this guy who stole PT's username?

13. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"No, no, no, Jeffrey. Those are my time-traveling trousers. Bring me my fighting trousers."

14. acecow

acecow Well-Known Member

Does this answer your question?

[​IMG]

No, should it though? Look, I meant no offense, just said what came to my mind. If you feel fine in that outfit, then you should keep wearing it. You obviously have your own style and I think you do it well. It's just I think the whole look you have going for you is a little out of touch with reality.

15. pvrhye

pvrhye Well-Known Member

No, should it though? Look, I meant no offense, just said what came to my mind. If you feel fine in that outfit, then you should keep wearing it. You obviously have your own style and I think you do it well. It's just I think the whole look you have going for you is a little out of touch with reality.

That said, when I see loud pinstripes I want to see a fuller collar and a weightier tie. As is, it's all very overpowered. Satin needs something matter to pair with it to tone it down. I don't like the waistcoat either. Maybe a grey with a little more depth would work better there.

That sounds kinda ramble'y actually... In short, fuller collar, weightier tie and more textural waistcoat.

If you really want to project over the top authority, get the waistcoat made with lapels.

16. EFV

EFV Well-Known Member

I think bows look better without a button down. I like though.

Funny thing, I think bows and button downs goes together like summer and Caiphirinas.

Btw, loving these bow tie outfits:

This year's first portrait shoot comes courtesy of my friend Alex Wilson

[​IMG]

More at Mode Parade

Got inspired by all the nice bowties pics there has been recently and decided to go with one today. Extremely hot in here at the moment, so linen it was (except the bowtie)...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. tshaw

tshaw Well-Known Member

^Funny thing, I think bows and button downs goes together like summer and Caiphirinas.

I agree with you, except they 'go together' [​IMG]

18. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Well-Known Member

19. Gdot

Gdot Well-Known Member

20. upr_crust

upr_crust Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.