1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Well-Known Member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    [​IMG]
    I like the color combo a lot, but I think dark wash jeans would have been a much better choice with that SC. The SC also looks pretty boxy, and it's too short for you, I think. The proportions look off, as though it might have been shortened by an alterations tailor.

2. odiv

odiv Well-Known Member

Eep, my favourite navy blazer is about that short. I'll try to get a fit pic with it soon so I can get feedback from you guys. Thanks for the comments. I think you're right about the SC having been altered. I never noticed!

3. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Well-Known Member

4. Teen_Suit_Wearer

Teen_Suit_Wearer Member

I'm currently wearing an Oscar De La Renta jacket...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Digmenow

Digmenow Well-Known Member

So here is the black BB Camelhair. What goes with a black SC, besides everything.

[​IMG]

6. odiv

odiv Well-Known Member

Digging a page or so back for some of these.
    Orge - That looks very dapper. I dig it. Do try on shirts count as what I'm wearing right now?
    I really like it, but how does it look buttoned up? It looks as though it could end up being a bit high on the neck, but it's hard to tell from just one pic unbuttoned, obviously.
    [​IMG]
    It's been said already, but this is great. Everything goes really well together. [​IMG]
    Suit - Hickey-Freeman Shirt - Lewin Tie - Thomas Pink Cufflinks - Saks Fifth Ave. Shoes - Harris, via Barney's NYV
    [​IMG]

I couldn't pull that much purple off, but you make it look effortless.
    [​IMG][/SPOILER]
    Excellent!
    Quick blackberry shot:
    [​IMG]
    Looks great and would love to see the whole thing.

7. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

a dark jacket with pinstripes and dark pants with pinstripes that arent a suit is not reccomended.

the collar over the jacket might be cool where you go to school and if so by all means rock it, but its also not quite the way to go.

Looks great and would love to see the whole thing.

was thinking the same thing myself

8. Teen_Suit_Wearer

Teen_Suit_Wearer Member

Glad to see some shirt sleeves. This one is a bit better fit for you, although still roomy. Does it look any good with just the middle button buttoned? Have you thought of trying a pocket square with that?

The pants do not go at all with this jacket, I'm afraid, not to mention the legs are far too wide for you. I assume the jacket was part of a suit... if you're going to wear it as an odd jacket (i.e. without the matching pants), you'll have to find some pants that are more of a contrast with the jacket.

BTW, good on you for not getting rid of the hat despite the unanimous disapproval. Shows you've got your own sense of style and don't blindly follow the crowd. Still, it does not go with the outfit.

I like the collar out like that. You've got style somewhere in there, you're a diamond in the ruff.

Thanks! Honestly, I've never tried it with just the middle button buttoned...it seems sorta odd. And I have tried a pocket square. I would have worn one in the photo, but I thought it would look out of place since I wasn't wearing a tie.

As for the pants, it was a bit of an experiment. Oh well.
    So what color pants would you wear with this jacket? I've worn it with dark wash jeans in the past and liked it.
    Haha, I mainly wore the hat again because my hair was a mess at the time. [​IMG]

9. pvrhye

pvrhye Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Close, but not quite, matching always looks horrible. Try not to wear all these different pinstripes/shades of grey together.

10. Teen_Suit_Wearer

Teen_Suit_Wearer Member

Close, but not quite, matching always looks horrible. Try not to wear all these different pinstripes/shades of grey together.

What pants would you reccommend?

11. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Well-Known Member

That looks promising. Naturally, you will end up getting much smaller lettering for the monogram. What are they changing based on this fitting? - B
    We're starting from Hamilton's 15 trim body with a 15.5 collar. I made sure to wear the shirt I thought fit me best so we could use it as a starting point. A number of measurements were based around the things I liked about it. Around the back they're taking about two inches off from the waist to the mid back from the try-on shirt. They're adding about a half inch around both sides in the front so that the placket lays flat without pulling. With the sleeves: my instinct was to request they be raised and thinned from the try-on shirt, but I was convinced to leave them as they are and make the decision after wearing and evaluating the trial shirt.
    I really like it, but how does it look buttoned up? It looks as though it could end up being a bit high on the neck, but it's hard to tell from just one pic unbuttoned, obviously.
    The collar on this one did not button. This is just one of the try-on shirts used for the first fitting. For the try-on shirt with the appropriately sized collar, the height looked fine. I'll know more when I get to fit and wear the trial shirt.

12. fritzl

fritzl Well-Known Member

That looks promising. Naturally, you will end up getting much smaller lettering for the monogram.

agreed

13. Teen_Suit_Wearer

Teen_Suit_Wearer Member

Cream might be lovely. Light grey perhaps. Tan probably not.

Perhaps I'll look for some lighter trousers then. I do have some grey ones. Thanks!

14. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Well-Known Member

Vacation steezy, rumpled and easy. [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Klobber

Klobber Well-Known Member

Vacation steezy, rumpled and easy.
    Nice Linen shirt. Where are you? I'd guess Florida. Am I close to being correct [​IMG]?

16. niidawg3

niidawg3 Well-Known Member

the last three pages need holy water - for the most part.

17. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    This is really nice, IST.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][/spoiler]
    Nothing wrong with this, Señor Crust, but after your spring fling outfits lately, it just seems somber. I'm sure some will think there's too much purple (and I might prefer a light blue shirt to the lavender...), but works for me.
    Tough Monday to dress for: hot & sunny in the AM, hot, humid & overcast right now, with looming rain/thunderstorms in the late PM. Opted for light linen to cope with the heat/humidity, but there's a brolly in the car... ah, the excitement of an English Summer... [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/spoiler]

I'd say you did just fine. Nice look, doc.
    Bad photo Monday. Giving a quick talk to the local business association this evening, hence the memorable red Pee Wee Herman tie. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][/spoiler]
    Tie looks too wide for my taste, but carry on, counselor.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Is the jacket a bit snug, Orge? In the first pic, it looks like the lapels are bowing a bit. Also, the shirt collar doesn't meet in a nice V. I don't know if that's something that bothers you, but it's a pet peeve of mine.
    So here is the black BB Camelhair. What goes with a black SC, besides everything.
    [​IMG]
    I'd like to see a proper photo taken by someone standing a fair distance from you, Dig, but this one makes it look like the jacket is too short.
    Vacation steezy, rumpled and easy.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Low-light Miami steeze. Can't really tell anything about the fit, but who cares, right?

18. gshen

gshen Well-Known Member

Some vacation photos:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

now to work on losing all the extra kgs gained..

19. odiv

odiv Well-Known Member

He's saying only evil could look that good.

[​IMG]

20. allaboutshoes

allaboutshoes Well-Known Member

The jacket is not a suit, but in fact a pinstriped SC. I wear various odd trousers with them, such as charcoal. any recommendations? I am using an antique pearl and gold tie tac (grandfather's) and the gold-filled cufflinks I picked up for $3 at an antiquew store.

NON-SF APPROVED [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.