• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doral

Reaction score
Wishing all a Merry Christmas. I have been in the Middle East working in Dubai and Abu Dhabi where I wore mostly 501's. I have not posted anything here since March of 2011. I wore this at a Christmas party. This is my first attempt at tying a bow tie. Comments are welcome.

Last edited:

mjd

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wishing all a Merry Christmas. I have been in the Middle East working in Dubai and Abu Dhabi where I wore mostly 501's. I have not posted anything here since March of 2011. I wore this at a Christmas party. This is my first attempt at tying a bow tie. Comments are welcome.

Great first attempt!

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice! coat is especially good lookin. If I can just find a permanent position back in noVA/ DC in 2013, I'll hopefully be there to complain about VA weather, myself.

Bundled up. Rain, snow, ice, slush..... VA's poor attempt at winter :(

*trousers are navy
Borrelli coat
Banana Rep wool sweater thingy
Pink shirt
Kors tie
Gant trous
C&J

Tirailleur1

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

haha.. we can always spot each other from afar.. looks like you are in the Lekki area..I know Naija is usually live right around this time of year, lol

That's actually Ikoyi. I'm an Ikoyi boy. Raised there througuout my stay in Nigeria. I think it is the prettiest part of Lagos island. The old money mixed with the colonial houses. Then u get to vi and lekki and see our peers riding in aston martins and phantoms and u just ant to puke.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back after a few days off for the holidays. Today's shirt and tie combo are, from a color perspective, seasonally inappropriate, but I need the bright cheery colors to ward of post-holiday blues this morning, so just deal with it.

Suit - BB
Shirt - New & Lingwood
Tie - BB
Cufflinks - Penhaligon's
PS - Alain Figaret
Shoes - New & Lingwood
Raincoat - Burberry
Scarf - Paul Stuart
Hat - Weatherproof

Last edited:

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's actually Ikoyi. I'm an Ikoyi boy. Raised there througuout my stay in Nigeria. I think it is the prettiest part of Lagos island. The old money mixed with the colonial houses. Then u get to vi and lekki and see our peers riding in aston martins and phantoms and u just ant to puke.
Naija boys. :)

ianGP

Reaction score

nice! coat is especially good lookin. If I can just find a permanent position back in noVA/ DC in 2013, I'll hopefully be there to complain about VA weather, myself.

Thx mang!
Yep, this time of the year is no bueno here. It doesn't know if it wants to be fall, winter, or spring.

Office hero. Back at the daily grind.....the only one back....

Last edited:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Office hero. Back at the daily grind.....the only one back....

ian...youre just a cool ass motherfucker. love the suit.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ian...youre just a cool ass motherfucker. love the suit.

he is!

ian - that coat from yesterday and the suit from today. amazing.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jacket, trousers - Emidio Tucci
Shirt - RL green label (yeah, I know it's not even RL, but it doesn't seem any worse than other budget shirts of mine and the fit is great)
Tie, hank - Drake's
Shoes - Carmina

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads