• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is the proper way to handle petty critiques from dashingly handsome, yet marginal dressers. Well done.

Please elaborate. The only thing I would change is the BD collar (and maybe go with a plain white PS), but that's just a matter of taste.

The whole thing looks affected and stiff. Like it is trying too hard.

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The tie, while I don't like it, is not my biggest problem. Where in gods name did you buy this shirt? The collar is miserable. And is it just me, or have you placed a collar stay about 1/2" too far rearwards and entirely vertical?
Your off the rack suit fit is absolutely amazing. I am consistently impressed by the way your suits fit. Whatever you are doing, keep it up.

Thanks Quad!

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The whole thing looks affected and stiff. Like it is trying too hard.

I think a lot of that is because of the scowl in the picture. The second go around was really a perfect response. The mode of dress here should be fun and it has to be fun to not look affected.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Upr_crust  -- Looks great.  Forgive my ignorance, but what is the purpose of the top inside pocket where the opening is running almost vertically?  Does the left hand side of the jacket not become bulky if you have things in all pockets?  

After your enquiry, I stuck my hand into the pocket to investigate. It would seem to be a pocket for eyeglasses - useful for some, though not for me (mine must be on my face at all times).

Suit - Custom
Shirt - TM Lewin
Tie - J Press
Socks - TM Lewin
Shoes - Bexley 

Wear your Bexleys in good health - glad to have suggested the website to you.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Clap idk what you just said but you look sharp my man. I love the tie

+1
--

fred - nice to see you swap the suit for a blazer and trou, very nice.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is the perfect example of a certain look/style that gets tons of love on this site: the colors are good, the fit is spot on and the textures are really nice, yet the overall effect is contrived and fussy.

As much as the OP has responded to this criticism in an effective manner (with a touch of the humor for which Sheepy is so well-known) , might I suggest that, as the OP is a bespoke tailor, and is in the business of selling his services as such, that "contrived and fussy" is also "attention-getting" - an effective form of advertising. The OP is his own billboard, and his own wardrobe is designed to be visually arresting (even at the expense of being "natural") and technically superb.

FWIW, were the suit for myself, I would forego the roped shoulders.

staxringold

Reaction score

Today is a day of new acquisitions, the major one being today's suit, MTM from Brooks Bros. The tie was acquired on my recent trip to London, as were the cufflinks, and the hat was an early Xmas present from my partner. Note that the inclusion of braces occurred prior to realizing that BB hadn't put in brace buttons (an error I will have corrected in due time).

I continue to be amazed by both the raw count and %age of your outfits I love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads