1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ndicola

ndicola New Member

2. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Well-Known Member

Some more CBD. I'm so happy with this linen/wool suit, it's coming in very handy during this heatwave!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  3. Sander

Sander Well-Known Member

Thanks a bunch!

4. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Well-Known Member

I like Panama hats but the two posted today with the brims turned down all the way round look either like an upturned bucket or a summertime version of Quentin Crisp. If you flip the brims up either part way or all the way round and set a bit of a jaunty angle they will look much better IMO. Remember what ol' blue eyes said. 'Cock your hat - angles are attitude!'

3 people like this.
  5. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the thumbs yesterday folks. Today, it's raining a bit and very grey, so I thought it was time for this shirts first wear to brighten things just a little.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Coat: Herringbone Sydney
    Shirt: Kamakura
    Tie: Henry Carter black crunchy knit
    Trousers: MJ Bale
    Shoes: Meermin MTO

15 people like this.
  6. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Well-Known Member

7. Citan1145

Citan1145 Well-Known Member

Evening everyone. GREAT looks on this page, especially Henry Carter, SB, Donuts, and my main Wolverine CP. Wish this tie was a shade or two lighter brown but I thought it would do. Have a good rest of the week everyone, only dress up day for me this week!

Shirt herringbone weave, pants are dove grey hopsack.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13 people like this.
  8. EliodA

EliodA Well-Known Member

Very nice, great tie! Your glasses are looking good too, where from?

9. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

lotsa good fits. pingson, shibumi dudes, crusty, CD, SB, HC. sorry if i forgot anyone.

also, i picked a helluva day to be absent lol.

i think this timeless line from TBL is really the best way to address this.

[​IMG]

yes, there is some truth to what you said. but being that you managed to phrase it in such an OTT harsh and heartless way, its no surprise that it was of no use to doyle or anyone else here. 3-5 years ago, when snark ruled the forum, maybe.

this might be another way to try and help out doyle.

1. that jacket truly is no bueno, i dont see how it can really ever work, certainly it will never be approved here. impressed tho that the sleeve length is correct.

2. it would seem the same goes for the shoes, as they appear to be square toe. hard to say.

3. the pants seem fine but could use a little bit of shortening at the hem as it appears to be pooling in a sloppy-ish fashion.

4. shirt is not great but not fire worthy imo, better as a casual shirt with chinos i think.

5. tie appears to a be purple grenadine. though some here hate purple, i think the tie is A-ok. i just it out of place with the strange jacket and very casual shirt.

6. your stance is KILLING you. your shoulders are thrown back and your midsection thrown forward, and is seemingly testing the elasticity of the jacket. that is the exact opposite of how you want to stand. stand straight, or even put your shoulders forward a little and let them take the attention.

that is how i would have said it, but thats just me.

idk, really not sold on that.

2 people like this.
  10. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

Sorry, a reference to the movie, Predator, starring Arnold Schwartzenegger. The predator villain has a stealth field that kind of shimmers and goes all stripey when he is about to disappear.

11. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Well-Known Member

Thanks! The glasses are ancient Alain Mikli, my backup pair. I scratched the lens on my main pair a couple of weeks ago.

12. bboysdontcryy

bboysdontcryy Well-Known Member

Picked up a cream linen coat ystd, and here it is, worn.

I think I understand why so many people prefer a soft shoulder. It definitely has its charms, and looks less, for want of a better word 'artificial'.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15 people like this.
  13. Pliny

Pliny Well-Known Member

man I like that patch pocket linen awsmness
    special mention to Clarinet, HC, M-face, Crusty, Citan and Donuts for great fits, and to SB for bringing Xmas to July

and thx for likes waaay back, Stitches for your comment especially

cashmere POW SC again,
    OCBD
    snap boysdontcry on the wide space repp tie
    white linen square
    flannels and
    black [​IMG] Vass
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11 people like this.
  14. Pingson

Pingson Well-Known Member

X-post from the Friday challenge

11 people like this.
  15. upr_crust

upr_crust Well-Known Member

The weather persists in being hot, and Cinderella, having come home from yesterday's ball at the Frick with both slippers, but damp from sweat, as opted for a more casual look today.

Shirt, trousers, shoes - all BB

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of the merry band of posters here criticized me for wearing my hat with the brim down all the way around - Quentin Crisp was invoked in comparison. In addition having far greater personal hygiene than Quentin (I met the man once, many years ago), I don't really see the equivalence. As an experiment, I snapped the back of the brim up, and took a photo - one can compare it with the candids taken last night at the museum. There's virtually no difference to my eye, but others may differ on this.

[​IMG]

A couple of photos from last night's event - forgive the cell phone quality. The event had at least four professional photographers at it - the woman in the background in the outdoor picture (the sliver of an arm cradling a large camera) has been at this event the last four years, and seems to be the official photographer for the museum. She took a few photos of my partner and myself, outside - we'll see if they end up ever being published.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  16. bboysdontcryy

bboysdontcryy Well-Known Member

^ Love the linen trousers. Where's it from?

17. upr_crust

upr_crust Well-Known Member

Brooks Brothers - I got mine at One Liberty Plaza, but I am sure that Regent St. has them as well.

1 person likes this.
  18. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

bboys - new suit looks great, especially love the purple lining.

Pingson - great fit.

19. RDiaz

RDiaz Well-Known Member

Crusty, hat looks great both ways - kinda makes me want to get something with a wider brim next time I buy a Panama [​IMG]

And bboysdontcryy, that jacket looks very nice. To me, one of the biggest advantages of soft shoulders, specially if they come with higher armholes, is that you can move your arms and sit without the whole jacket riding up.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  20. Hampton

Hampton Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.