• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

black_umbrella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mimo, the PS is out of control. You've managed to fold it awkwardly in the first picture and puff it poorly in the second. That silk calls for a puff, but look at Spoo's last post for a better example of the breed.

SB makes a good point. The other issue is that you appear to have chosen to match your PS, socks, and contrast stitching. This is not a good idea.

On the other hand, the pics are much better.

I tried to get the color adjusted so the jacket is somewhere near the correct shade.
10_23_12_zps1f268f1e.jpg

10_23_12_close_zpsfa6585f5.jpg

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
more x posts. :)

up top

per some suggestions, i swapped the blue tie for black, and the spread collar, for OCBD. i think i like the other way better.
pls to excuse the neck hair, a trim is gravely needed.

3EC3368A-7FFD-438C-973D-1A7ED915D942-6124-000005EF93C6B0EB.jpg

down below

502382A6-D3AA-4016-A24C-772BE823BF48-6124-000005EF9DF0BF3F.jpg

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can't seem to leave the new chalkstripe suit alone these days.

Sartoria Partenopea
Kiton
E. Marinella
Santoni for Michele Negri

Screenshot2012-10-23at105005AM_zpsf7c5592e.png

Screenshot2012-10-23at104951AM_zpsa775f97d.png

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

******* hell, in stitches, you're really killin' it, seriously! Those shoes are awesome! Glad you got some new shoes--never really liked your old, brown, slip-on ones (no offence)--they're killer! :D Would be cool to get some full body shots! :) Keep it coming!

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Can't seem to leave the new chalkstripe suit alone these days.
Sartoria Partenopea
Kiton
E. Marinella
Santoni for Michele Negri

I can see why; it's a beauty, and I like the tie. The shoes are great too, but I'm not sure about the soft suede with this suit. Colour-wise it's nice, but the suit's soft stripe and flannel texture...for me it's begging for the contrast of hard-core, gleaming leather or shell.

Last edited:

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I can see why; it's a beauty, and I like the tie.  The shoes are great too, but I'm not sure about the soft suede with this suit.  Colour-wise it's nice, but the suit's soft stripe and flannel texture...for me it's begging for the contrast of hard-core, gleaming leather or shell.

Interesting, I originally thought the same thing but shell didn't work as well. I think the texture of the suede plays quite nicely with the depth of the fabric.

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
j00bear, I can't recall the fit you are referring to, but this one looks nice!
I agree with Alex, those shoes are lovely and make a great difference to previous outfits.
What are they?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

******* hell, in stitches, you're really killin' it, seriously! Those shoes are awesome! Glad you got some new shoes--never really liked your old, brown, slip-on ones (no offence)--they're killer! :D Would be cool to get some full body shots! :) Keep it coming!

why thanks! i still have the loafers, and wear them plenty. :)

also, i have had these shoes for almost a year, and have posted them here as well. ;)

j00bear, I can't recall the fit you are referring to, but this one looks nice!
I agree with Alex, those shoes are lovely and make a great difference to previous outfits.
What are they?

thanks, it was last week. same SC, but with a navy grenadine and white spread collar shirt.

he5e4uza.jpg

8u9a4ubu.jpg

shoes are carmina, punched cap toes, simpson last.

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Being a warm day I thought it appropriate to bust out the knit tie again. It looks fantastic against the pee yellow walls of my office bathroom.

CD, something about this doesn't quite work right. The tie and square both seem bold and fighting for attention against the sedate background of the suit and shirt. Blue and orange go well together in theory, but they don't seem to be coming together quite right in this combo.

I'm also not a fan of knit ties with pure business suits, but that's more personal opinion.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I found this Corneliani Linea Sartoria for a song. Changed the buttons to brown horn buttons.
Can´t decide whether the shoulders are too pronunced. Can the padding be removed without ruining the jacket?

Please advice me.

The rest:

Shirt from Ashwood & Blake
Tie Drake´s of London
Flannell trousers from Oscar Jacobson.
C&J Hallams

Removing shoulder pads is easy peasy. I think you should try removing at least one layer of padding.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Super-color-coordinated is not my thing, but that's not bad. Now, I'm obliged to tell you to tame that pocket puff.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Colors are too similar here with the shirt, tie and PS. Some variation with richer blues, greens and purples might be nice. Also not a fan of the candy cane shirt with a conservative suit rig.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
GREAT fits. :slayer:

These should go in WAYWN All Stars

more x posts. :)
up top
per some suggestions, i swapped the blue tie for black, and the spread collar, for OCBD. i think i like the other way better.
pls to excuse the neck hair, a trim is gravely needed.

3EC3368A-7FFD-438C-973D-1A7ED915D942-6124-000005EF93C6B0EB.jpg

502382A6-D3AA-4016-A24C-772BE823BF48-6124-000005EF9DF0BF3F.jpg

wussatnow

Hackett unlined houndstooth SC
Mattabisch by Kiton shirt
Vanda unlined 7 fold grenadine garza fina tie
Drakes wool silk Kelim pochette
Panta grey herringbones
Vass U last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads