1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Well-Known Member

clag i was just there a few days ago, took the cable car up to the tower and took pictures what are you doing in korea? are you there for a year contract like many other english speakers?

2. justinkapur

justinkapur Well-Known Member

TTO thats sick man

1 person likes this.
  3. EFV

EFV Well-Known Member

New SC today:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12 people like this.
  4. justinkapur

justinkapur Well-Known Member

Totally random question but I am running out of space in my closet and do not want to give anything up as I do wear almost all of it and no not at the same time. My question is does anyone have a trouser trolley type thing for odd trousers? I used to put them with my SC hangars but now I have more trousers than I have room for.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/pro...m_medium=cpc&gclid=CM7h75-T4bUCFWhyQgodN2QA0w

Thoughts? Is it stupid? Or any other solutions. I would probably use it for wool trousers, cottons, and maybe jeans

5. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Well-Known Member

Well...if you can't wear white tie and tails (and a cape) to the opera, at least there are three-piece suits in the world...

6. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Well-Known Member

waitamin. You say I'm too "fashion" for you but u have sky blue socks and specs on?
    [​IMG]

7. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

EFV, that jacket is absolutely stunning.

It's a very silly tie, I grant you in turn, and to be honest the jacket has lapels I've never liked, and doesn't fit well at all - to the point that I never even do it up; I just love the fabric too much to throw it away, so keep it for occasions where it's hanging on a passenger seat a lot. Seven hours of driving, two lots of Arab immigration officials, I went for comfortable semi-casual and the image of unthreatening eccentric Englishman. It seemed to work OK, but the tie's now back on the rack for another year or two...and I'm not nearly as pretty as you, obviously. Thanks for the tough love though, can't get enough. [​IMG]

Edit: haha Tirailleur, I just saw your post: fair point! I have a thing about jeans and some other stuff, hate wrist-garbage, big scarves, various other things. But I'm not at all anti-peacockery in reality. The specs are grey actually, but do look blu-ish in a certain light. Frankly, you can pull of a lot of stuff that I certainly couldn't, and really who gives a toss what I think anyway? It's better to challenge accepted wisdom, please some and offend others, win some and lose some, than be a grey flannel-white-square-blue-shirt monotony, however nice that might be in itself. Some of your stuff I like and some I don't, but it's yours so who gives a shit? Without the likes of yourself, TTO and others this thread could become a bit dull. Peacock on, brother, it's better with you than without you.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  8. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

i would not have room for it, but it looks cool.

lolinorite.

good answer, mimo.

9. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Well-Known Member

Not a fan on the shoes but the sportscoat looks nice

10. Tirailleur1

That was long ago... in a galaxy far away... before Tumblr sexually abused them. don't judge me

11. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

(That one wasn't aimed at you specifically btw - but some in the Watch thread can hang their heads in SHAME!)

12. Tirailleur1

I don't bother post in there. I don't care for baller watches. I like my wrist decorated with underwhelming ornaments. My brother calls my watch choices "bitch watches" because they are so discreet. But I already wear pink socks.. I don't need flashy ass watch. Some things have to be simple with me because of the way I dress. One is a suit, the second is my watch.treat them like blank canvases. Don't like any trick doors on any of them.

13. Pingson

Pingson Well-Known Member

Well, it was perhaps quite predicable, but the general standard of dressing at the opera yesterday night was atrocious :uhoh:. I can only imagine a time when people actually wore tails and white tie to events like the opera.

2 people like this.
  14. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

I wear a 45 year old watch that has a plain leather strap, no complications, plenty of scratches and measures a very girly 35mm across. But I do like spectator shoes. And I also own pink socks, as well as several shades of red, burgundy, raspberry, purple....and several pairs of boring grey trousers. I feel you.

15. Tirailleur1

come on.. Let us not allow nostalgia to get the best of us. A suit is good enough for the opera. The problem is that noone wears one. When I went to see Madama Butterfly my wife and I were the only ones dressed up. Lots of motorcycle jackets and flip flops. I felt out of place.

16. Pingson

Pingson Well-Known Member

I agree completely, a suit is more than fine for a night out like that (and didn't imply I actually longed for wearing white tie). But I also felt kind of out if place, amidst all hoodies, jeans and leather jackets (no flip flops though, but that could probably be explained by the fact that we had a friggin' blizzard yesterday :) )

17. Tirailleur1

I'm not even talking about nice looking leather jackets. straight slubby ripped jackets. with Abercrombie jeans. AND FLIP FLOPS. it was cold too!!!

18. DerekS

DerekS Well-Known Member

were you in nashville? sounds just like the attire people wear here to formal events. :facepalm:

19. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Well-Known Member

Back to work today after 2 weeks off to become a dad! (thanks for the previous congrats btw)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Coat: Herringbone Sydney Hopsack
    Shirt: Light blue cottonwork
    Tie: Henry Carter navy twill 7 fold
    PS: Henry Carter printed silk
    Trousers: Howard Yount Light Grey flannel
    Shoes: Carmina

16 people like this.
  20. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Well-Known Member

Congrats bud. Best time of your life is upon you. :slayer: