1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claghorn

Claghorn Well-Known Member

What do atheists wear when we go to church?

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  2. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

Like the suit. And I also do the light tie/light shirt thing sometimes for a bit of a kink. But I think that requires a big contrast in the PS to lift it up - something completely different in colour and tone - not that one. Also, the shoes make a difference, what you got?

3. Jamesgatz

Jamesgatz Well-Known Member

What do atheists wear when we go to church?

Well, I wore a jacket to lunch downtown. What do muslims, hindus, or worshippers of Oden wear?

4. Claghorn

Black Park Aves. I don't wear shoes inside the house, and it would be a hassle to take off my shoes, set up the camera, then put the shoes back on again. I figured the tan on white would be a challenge, but I had hoped that the blue wool ps would be enough to, as you say, "lift" it.

(also, still trying to figure out the proper white balance with the new lighting)

EDIT: And to respond to stitchy's forthcoming post: it's an old suit (HF) and I've gotten a lot of wear out of it. It's going to be retired in April or so as the suit I will be having made for my wedding will be very similar in color and fabric. (The visit to the tailor is in April, not the wedding)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  5. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

sorry clags, i dont think the PS is working there. the suit maybe could use some suppression, but its a very nice suit.

6. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

I think maybe you should have been more bold. Going doubly-light on the shirt and tie, and with a grey suit, I think demands a splash of something. Maybe the tan shoes, or burgundy, and a PS from within that family too. Then you'd be rocking. Or you could go the other way and drop the colours altogether with a white or cream PS, different kind of statement and probably more difficult to pull off.

Why would an atheist go to church at all? Maybe I don't want to know.

7. Claghorn

I had never been to a church in Korea and a friend invited me.

8. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

I would like to extend an open invitation to you, to visit a mosque in Oman. I will take you. You don't have to wear a suit, or even a tie, but it's fine either way. The no-shoes thing in mind, I'm guessing you're already wondering why you don't own more loafers/lazyboys etc. Me too.

[​IMG]

9. StyledbyShawn

StyledbyShawn Member

I defiantly see that the fit of the sport coat Isn't ideal. I have gone a size up and it just gives me the "sack" appearance. I think I may begin purchasing regulars instead of short. Also, I continue to lose weight so I think that will help the fit (waist suppression and chest). I took out the shoulder pads last night and the divots are gone. I'm going to post pictures of the entire outfit once again when the sleeves are lengthened and the pants tailored. Thank You

10. Claghorn

A few Koreans have commented on the fact that I bother to untie my laces before taking off my shoes. Generally they just pull them off and shove them in...laces staying tied the entire time.

11. StyledbyShawn

StyledbyShawn Member

Thanks I am glad you like the patterns! That jacket is now being put through some serious alterations.

12. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Well-Known Member

To me Oman will always be the land of the Unhappy Hour (tm). When I went there I was told it was illegal to serve alcohol between 2 and 5.

13. Caustic Man

I think we wear our Christopher Hitchens memorial pins and a smile.

14. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

3 and 6. A nap between lunch and evening is no bad thing.[​IMG]

15. Caustic Man

I knew I was screwing that one up. lol

16. mingus2112

mingus2112 Well-Known Member

I'm with you! I'm an atheist as well, but my wife and her family are Methodist. Every so often I've got to go to a function at her mom's church and I never go in less than a jacket. A suit if I want to. I use it as an excuse to dress up and wonder why more people haven't!

-J

17. StyledbyShawn

StyledbyShawn Member

Hello, I've tried to size up in multiple brands but it always gives me that dreaded "sack" look. I defiantly think some issues with the fit can be fixed. I am losing some weight and with a bit more weight loss I think a lot of the issues you speak about will be corrected. I took out the ridiculous amount of shoulder padding in the sport coat and the issue of the divots has been fixed. I am also going to Lenten the sleeves and tailor the trousers. When this is done I will post before and after pictures. Thanks for the advice!

18. StyledbyShawn

StyledbyShawn Member

Thanks I am glad you liked the pattern and color scheme, the sport coat is now being put through some alterations.

19. StyledbyShawn

StyledbyShawn Member

Nope :)

20. David Reeves

David Reeves Well-Known Member

I would try a knitted tie with that jacket, would look nice with the different textures going on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.