1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LEVOOSH

LEVOOSH Well-Known Member

Great minds.....

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

thanks for the feedback. i dont think the socks need any explanation. they are fun and awesome and cashmere and all full of win.

lol, i think i got mine first!

i want one so bad.

very nice. i asked PSG and he may have a line, but ill ask you too. you know of a place that has any more of that tie?

also, the tie looks more brown in PSGs post, and more burgundy/red in LEVOOSHes post. are they different colors of the same style tie, or is the lighting doing that?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Well-Known Member

This is awesome!

Great as usual. This only reminds me how bad I want a DB suit!

I love those shoes!

4. Septimus

Septimus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tie is not as shiny/light as it appears in the first picture. Suit is a gray/brown.

1 person likes this.
  5. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member

In that case, forgive me mentioning that I personally don't like having a similar fuzziness in both tie & suit within the look. Not saying I'd want a shiny silk with that suit either, but not something that's equally fuzzy either. Each is a wonderful item in itself though and she certainly clearly has an eye for a nice tie.

I still couldn't bring myself to thumbs-up a post containing a crotch-grab however. [​IMG]

I am. It's terrible. [​IMG]

Also, if it's not just the lighting, the trousers and jacket don't contrast enough. I thought it was a suit at first until I looked closer and was about to grumble about the colour of the shoes as usual. But paler grey flannel trousers, a different tie (and a normal pair of socks, but whatever on that as they're rarely seen IRL anyway) and I'd have liked this.

Shout-out to P-K-L for posting that great DB suit. Wonderful stuff. The buttons on both it & more especially on the overcoat are a little close together for me, but I can see the echo between that decision and those on the suit and regardless of personal preference on that, both items still look smashing. Excellent outfit; more please!

6. Prestosmp

Prestosmp Well-Known Member

So I hopped into the office over the weekend and pulled out the SUPER Cardigan by Onassis Clothing. Ended up shooting for my Cardigans As Outerwear feature HERE.

[​IMG]

Shirt is by Ratio Clothing
    Waist Coat & Trousers by Indochino
    Knit Tie by Nautica
    Wingtips by Fin's For Him

4 people like this.
  7. clapeyron

clapeyron Well-Known Member

8. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

Well, put it this way I have two buttons of top of one another on my collar bands. Do you? It is a pretty damn high collar. I love my collars actually. If anything I might go a tad bit wider just to piss off doc holiday.

9. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member

I quite like that cardigan and that shirt/tie combination. I'm less convinced by the waistcoat/trousers/shoes combination. A rougher-textured, pattered, navy waistcoat and perhaps cords or moleskin for the trousers would feel more in tune with the chunky cardigan. On the other hand, if the cardigan is purely outerwear (ie you take it off completely at work), then I can sort of see what you're aiming for.

Lazy Monday... and a new handkerchief.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  10. Claghorn

Claghorn Well-Known Member

That knot is....uhhhh....a tad on the large side. Especially given the 3 piece.

11. patrickBOOTH

Holdfast, I would give you a thumbs up, but there is no crotch grab. Sorry. :devil:

12. in stitches

thanks, HF. might be time to let it go.

i have this problem every time i post this combo, the lighting is very hard to get right. especially on the full fit pic, using my iphone with a self timer. here is a far more accurate representation of the contrast in both color and fabric.

[​IMG]

either way, i do need a pair of paler gray flannel trousers.

i like the socks. :)

13. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Well-Known Member

14. IrateCustomer

IrateCustomer Well-Known Member

15. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Well-Known Member

I think this is good but the photo don't let us to appreaciate the colors. I'm not sure about the PS.

16. in stitches

thanks!

17. Anden

Anden Well-Known Member

Well I agree that they are awesome but it it takes over your outfit and doesn´t do the shoes justice.

18. driftking

driftking Well-Known Member

Yeah, about that crotch grab.....if you're going to take a picture of a 'crotch grab' please make sure you have a crotch worth showing off. It looks like you have a handful of cloth...

19. patrickBOOTH

Why do you think I wear nice suits? I gotta make up for it somehow.

5 people like this.
  20. Septimus

Septimus Well-Known Member

Thanks. Given the spread of the collar, I went with a half-Windsor, which I still thinks makes sense. But, the waistcoat does tend to "push" the tie up a bit, as well as showing less shirt which highlights the tie more. Perhaps I will just keep the half-Windsor but cinch it a but tighter/smaller.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.