1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

More Spring/Summer gear.

Last edited: May 12, 2013
  2. TRA8324

TRA8324 Well-Known Member

More Spring/Summer gear.

I love that sport coat. deets?

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2013
  3. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Well-Known Member

Monochrome ...
    [[​IMG]

Nice pose. Great tie.

4. luftvier

luftvier Well-Known Member

::Cross post from the CBD thread. This it typical for me nowadays.::

My first foray back into WAYWRN in months. Manton's thoughts? Sufficiently C?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This photo's in b/w because the lighting was awful. And this is an awful angle, but it's the best I could do.
    [​IMG]

5. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member

^ welcome back lufty!
    Thanks, and I think I agree re: the collars, especially when my head is shaved (for some reason)
    It's the boiled egg in cup effect. [​IMG]
    I hope whatever you decide, it means more happiness in your future. Sometimes a career change can be a positive step, if done for the right reasons.
    today five different textures [​IMG]
    I really like this one spoozy; nice work.
    The air is like Pearl Harbour today
    [​IMG]
    My fun Ringgu Jaketto for the Summer!
    Beautiful colours/pattern. I bet you'll get more use than you expect out of that. The fun jackets get pulled out of the wardrobe a lot on sunny days.
    I woke today to the sound of one of my closests collapsing.
    ^ you know you post on SF when... Love the top half of today's look. Not quite feeling the trousers, but the shoes are a great choice.
    More Spring/Summer gear.
    Will never "feel" the unbuttoned bd's, but I love the colours and patterns here. Very nicely done indeed. Your consistency is super-impressive. No pic today. Was a sunny afternoon, so decided to wear the five-colour look to go out that I had originally planned on wearing for the challenge tomorrow.

6. MBreinin

MBreinin Well-Known Member

^ you know you post on SF when...

Love the top half of today's look. Not quite feeling the trousers, but the shoes are a great choice.

LOL at the closet, yeah...I know.

The trousers are grey and match the grey stripe in the SC. Either way, they were chosen for comfort today over most considerations.

Mike

7. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Well-Known Member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    [​IMG]
    Sleeve length is definitely not short. Any indication that it might be probably has to do with the sleeve getting caught on the side of my coat (right sleeve) in the pic, my watch strap being very loose (I like it this way), and/or my awkward pose.
    Not trying to beat a dead horse here, but it looks to me as if your shirt sleeve cuffs are hitting your wrists where your jacket sleeves ought to be and that your jacket sleeves are shorter still. Could just be the pic, of course, or the pose, but it's worth looking into.

8. MrChris

MrChris Well-Known Member

Todays entry
    Maybe to matchy color combo according to some, but I like it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Chrispy_Bear

Chrispy_Bear Member

What's this business I've seen lately of unbuttoned button down collars? Is this a thing? Just curious about the rationale. Parker: [​IMG] Phat Guido: [​IMG]

10. Edgar Allan Pwn

Edgar Allan Pwn Well-Known Member

Todays entry
    Maybe to matchy color combo according to some, but I like it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think if you had to got matchy-match with the PS, white with a navy or sky border would have worked a lot better.

11. luftvier

luftvier Well-Known Member

What's this business I've seen lately of unbuttoned button down collars? Is this a thing? Just curious about the rationale.

A: Sprezz.

12. acridsheep

acridsheep Well-Known Member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members
    Todays entry Maybe to matchy color combo according to some, but I like it. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I like it too, but I'd like it better with the matching suit bottoms.

13. tricky

tricky Well-Known Member

Trying to find my mojo again, so reverting to quasi basics.

I find it really annoying how perfectly your and acecow's clothes fit.

Next level [​IMG]

14. MrChris

MrChris Well-Known Member

I think if you had to got matchy-match with the PS, white with a navy or sky border would have worked a lot better.

Good call! Unfortunately I don't own anyone that matches your description, yet.

I like it too, but I'd like it better with the matching suit bottoms.

Thank's
    This however is a sportscoat, so no matching pants in my closet.

A general question to the SF crew, what's you opinion on the fit of this OTR sports coat? I did let my tailor add a little waist supression, no other alterations made yet,

15. Chrispy_Bear

Chrispy_Bear Member

A: Sprezz.
    Thanks. Something else to learn! [​IMG]

16. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Well-Known Member

Thanks. Something else to learn! [​IMG]

It is like unbuttoning working "surgeon's" buttons on a suit. [​IMG]

17. NotDickDiver

NotDickDiver Well-Known Member

thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sammy (yep sleeves are there but not in the pic), BB, HY, EGs

[​IMG]

Dude, nice clothes etc, but where the hell do you wander about? It looks like a war-zone.

18. Digmenow

Digmenow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Is that Polo peach...or maybe a light goldenrod?

19. NOBD

NOBD Well-Known Member

It's silly to button down collars. What's gonna happen? Will they flap you a black eye? Get caught behind your ears?

20. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Well-Known Member

Trying to find my mojo again, so reverting to quasi basics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pshaw. As if you ever lost it. Some of us are still trying to find it in the first place.

I woke today to the sound of one of my closests collapsing. Fortunately, it only buried all of my pants and casual shirts....no suits or SCs of note. Very busy day today, so no time to fix it. We are also experiencing a rare late cold snap today and it is overcast and misty. Just a shit day in general.

I think my face says it all.

Faconnable SC
    Alea shirt
    vintage Daks silk knit
    J.Crew pants
    vintage Florsheim Imperials

I can only hope this day ends quickly, and without fanfare. [​IMG]

Mike

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/SPOILER]

Was it an actual closet or a wardrobe/piece-of-furniture. If it was the latter and you care to have it repaired, I worked with em Restorations out of Lafayette. PM me if you need a number. Love the pebble grain longwings. I just acquired a pair of my own.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What is the fabric of this jacket? Gun club check? I've seen it and others, and something like it has gone on my list of things to look for.

[​IMG]
    My fun Ringgu Jaketto for the Summer!

This jacket is also very nice, and the high gorge looks like it creates an interesting effect.

Also, was today just striped blue shirt day? Has the SF group think wandered its way out of the internets?

Your experience in the theatre (I will posit your tale as told above is theatrical in nature) is most colorful, and sounds true to what I've heard from theatrical professionals that I know here in NYC.

I try to proffer opinions honestly, but not for purposes of harm, and I've only been posting here regularly for a short while, and have had my own set of psychic bruises from criticism - most of it actually quite constructive.

As for my fits, my body seems to morph into different shapes, so it's always a crap shoot to see if
    what I've laid out the night before will fit reasonably on the day itself. It seems that I was relatively lucky today. Thanks for the comments.

It was theatrical. Improvisational to be exact. The situation was really exacerbated by the fact that he and I were roommates at the time, in college. It was kind of like the odd couple where Jack Lemmon was unhinged, Walter Matthau lived in a room with a track record of making people crazy, and both were overworked to the point of exhaustion and (literally) sleeping once every few days.

I've seen some of the ire/scorn/whatever that have be elicited by your fits. If I may be honesty without overly flattering, your willingness to keep contributing without becoming negative is one the most refreshing things I've seen on any forum in a long while and I think speaks to the content of your character. That you are always smiling in your photos brings a humanity and warmth to them which contrasts with the sometimes surgical sterility that can be displayed here. That you are willing to post your fit each day with the uncertainty you've mentioned, having noticed things which may be imperfect ahead of time, and knowing what you may face is part of why I think I can do the same regardless of the criticisms (so far mostly constructive as well) and snark which may present itself.

I say that, largely, because I think today may be a back slide from yesterday. Still, It's what I went with, I'll face damnation for it, and take what I can learn to do better from the ashes.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.