• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acridsheep
^ the tie looked like it was from the set of Avatar. In fact, when I donned 3D glasses it looked pretty trippy.

Point: it overpowers everything else. You want the tie to complement your look, not be distracting.

Of course, I have questionable tastes in ties myself.

Awesome. I can definitely see how it does that. In the future I will save it for things with which it can be better balanced - which, of course, may or may not work.

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
- WTF, we have a lot of work to do then. Before then, may I ask you to take a level picture not a downward angle & in natural light. Also twirl your arms up before settling into a ROBOT pose. - FYI place camera at chest height & step back at least 15"
I think I can manage such things, or get my friends/colleagues who are humoring me in this to manage such things since if I took the picture it would be completely unrecognizable. Edit to keep from adding too many posts:
Originally Posted by acridsheep
^ Cool. Phat Guido advice is far more valuable than anything from me, FWIW.
Snark aside, I do appreciate all of the constructive criticism I've received. If I just wanted to look at pictures of myself, I could start a blog. And Phat Guido is someone who seems exceedingly well respected around these parts, both for his fit and for his photography and so I am exceedingly grateful for his input.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
Please allow me to indulge ....

Asamoah Gyan nails England ... God i love the Black Stars!!!

_51916030_011648821-1.jpg

MOK ... i see you
happy.gif
happy.gif

Errr ... "nails England"? Kwasia!!

You mean 'scores a last minute equaliser against England reserves in a friendly'? OK then!

Actually it's refreshing to see England give their hungry reserves a run out as the usual starters are a bunch of overpaid underachieving spoilt bitches who could learn a bit from the passion of the Black Stars. This is why in my city we support club over country. And my club happens to be the one that Mensah, Muntari and Gyan (and Wellbeck) all play for. Haway The Lads!

[Normal service will resume now!]

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
You'd better put on sugarbutch's stormtrooper helmet, son, 'cause you're about to be seriously roughed up over that tie.

Since I picked up the scout trooper helmet, the stormtrooper helmet hasn't gotten much use. Maybe I should put it up on B&S...

Titsworth, PM me if you want a crack at it before I open it up to everyone else.
devil.gif

beaconshome

Reaction score
mktitsworth;4292586 said:
To be clear, I do appreciate the critique. I've also PM'd ace and he has been even more helpful. I appreciate that as well. I wouldn't be posting if I did not genuinely want to learn. Hopefully today is better.

23h3xj7.jpg

I would like to know what is on the whiteboard behind you? Calc? P. Chem?

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^If I remember correctly that was either statistical physics or an excercise dealing with contour integrals from complex analysis.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cycle.jpg
From the weekend, shock of cold weather. Alas, my tweeds are all stored up now as it is 20 degrees quite consistently. Always a sad day!

GBear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
One of the best first posts in a long time. Great fit and colors.
fistbump.gif
I drew inspiration from you and NOBD from the recent WAYWRN challenge.
Originally Posted by TRA8324
I think this looks pretty good. I like the fit on the jacket. Where did you get it from?
I was orphaned from a TaT suit I received recently.

ganziyama

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GBear
Looking for critique as this is my first post in any WAYWRN thread. This was after work so my clothes are a bit wrinkly. I am now thinking I should have folded my pocket square differently. Oh well.

IMG00121-20110328-1736.jpg

IMG00119-20110328-1734.jpg

Well done.

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kaip911

Reaction score
Wow, Part III already?

IMG23282011.jpg

IMG33282011.jpg

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
23r1t1e.jpg
23h3xj7.jpg
k0q3bp.jpg
mktitsworth, here are some points of constructive criticism I can offer:
-Stay away from 3 button jackets. Go for two-button jackets with a low-ish button stance (i.e. length from top of jacket to top button should be equal to or greater than the length from the top button to the bottom of the jacket). -This jacket is about an inch too long. The end of the jacket should align parallel with your knuckles with your hands RELAXED at your side. Don't do the weird pose you have in your pictures. -I could be wrong, but the jacket chest appears to be too big. The chest of your jacket should be the circumference of chest + 1.5 or 2'' at most. Anything else is too big. -Better fitting shirts. Do you notice the gap in between your neck and the collar? That's because the circumference of the collar doesn't match the circumference of your neck. -Get shirts with collars with more spread. The points on this one are too narrow. -Four-in-hand knots pulled tight will flatter your small frame. The fat knot is not proportionate with your body type. -Too much break in your trousers. This looks like half break. You should go for no break or quarter break. -Find pants with a slimmer leg opening. This looks about 9 to 9.5 inches. Shoot for 8.25 to 8.5. -Burn the tie, as others have said. The design is pure kitsch. And the sheen on the satin material looks cheap. Better materials/weaves are grenadine silk (forum favorite), silk twill, or wool. Or cotton in the summer. Stick with solid colors, repps, regimentals, pindots if you want to go business conservative. -Burn those sunglasses as well. They look cheap and dorky, especially with a suit. The oval shape and blue lenses will not look good on anyone. They also do not fit the shape of your face. (Notice how the lenses extend past the sides of your face) More classic sunglasses would look better. Look at Ray Ban, Randolph Engineering, Persol, Oliver Peoples, etc.​

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
- & AUS 2 GER 1!

& HOL 5 HUN 3! (& HUN 0 HOL 4! on Friday)

Originally Posted by GBear
fistbump.gif

I drew inspiration from you and NOBD from the recent WAYWRN challenge.

I don't wear pink.

J/k, looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads