1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Well-Known Member

Close Enough (Chair).

*coughing loudly*

2. Tyrone MacStiophain

Tyrone MacStiophain Well-Known Member

Happy mothers day, you mothers. Gotta go find something last minute for my MILF.
    [​IMG]

Sharp! And anyone who tells you that you shouldn't wear black shoes with navy is clearly mistaken.

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Well-Known Member

Sharp! And anyone who tells you that you shouldn't wear black shoes with navy is clearly mistaken.

Thank you, and yes, I totally agree with you. Black and navy are great together.

4. luftvier

luftvier Well-Known Member

Casual Sunday is casual. [​IMG]

5. luftvier

Out for Mom's Day, she likes orange a lot so....
    [​IMG]

That tie. [​IMG]

6. upr_crust

upr_crust Well-Known Member

Thanks, Crust. I haven't been down to Ground Zero since Nov '01. I will try to get back down there soon to see the Freedom Tower.

The Freedom Tower is some 15-20 stories high now, as is the other tower at the corner of Liberty and Church Sts. - progress, finally, is rapid -after the first nine and a half years, one would hope so.

Happy mothers day, you mothers. Gotta go find something last minute for my MILF.

One hopes that you are referring to the mother of your children, otherwise your wife will be none too pleased.

FTFY..

Nice to see you posting again, Acrid - I assume that you'll post your fits when the new job settles down a bit? The new job hasn't interfered with your sense of humor - we like that!

7. Navi

Navi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Trying to get by while I wait for some goodies to arrive...

8. acecow

acecow Well-Known Member

My subjective WAYWRN summary of what has inspired me this week.

If you need me to explain why I like this one, there is something wrong with you.
    [​IMG]

I like the tie and the loud PS. It works for you.
    [​IMG]

Did I ever say I envy your cuff links?
    [​IMG]

Your fits are impeccable, although the colors are usually quite CBD. This time, I'm a fan of both.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] the shoes.
    [​IMG]

Is it the dialed up saturation or do I actually like this combo? I wouldn't be able to tell without seeing it in real life, but the picture looks good nonetheless.
    [​IMG]

You look like you own that pool and possibly the world, too.
    [​IMG]

Wow! Those colors are out of this world.
    [​IMG]

You never disappoint.
    [​IMG]

Of course, quality photo helps, but this time you've nailed it. High-class without being pretentious. I'm sure I wouldn't be able to pull of a DB jacket like that.
    [​IMG]

There is nothing to say, but [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lovely combo spoozy. I really-really like it. Despite all your missteps, you can combine color like very few of us do.
    [​IMG]

I like that jacket and your use of brown. You've inspired me to order a brown striped shirt.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If sportcoats were women, I would marry this one.
    [​IMG]

Awesome! This color suit is my next goal.
    [​IMG]

9. acecow

acecow Well-Known Member

Some boring casual outfits from me. And I actually wore the same shoes both times, oh the SF-shame. The only time I wore a tie and suit this week I didn't have the opportunity to take good pictures. [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

10. Hannes

Hannes Well-Known Member

Some boring casual outfits from me. And I actually wore the same shoes both times, oh the SF-shame. The only time I wore a tie and suit this week I didn't have the opportunity to take good pictures. [​IMG]
    Beautiful shoes. Deets?

11. acecow

acecow Well-Known Member

Beautiful shoes. Deets?

Thanks. They are Vass loafers. I was trying to sell them earlier, but, I guess, the price was too high. Ended up stretching them and now they fit just fine:

[​IMG]

12. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

My subjective WAYWRN summary of what has inspired me this week. If you need me to explain why I like this one, there is something wrong with you. [​IMG] I like the tie and the loud PS. It works for you. [​IMG] Did I ever say I envy your cuff links? [​IMG] Your fits are impeccable, although the colors are usually quite CBD. This time, I'm a fan of both. [​IMG] [​IMG] the shoes. [​IMG] Is it the dialed up saturation or do I actually like this combo? I wouldn't be able to tell without seeing it in real life, but the picture looks good nonetheless. [​IMG] You look like you own that pool and possibly the world, too. [​IMG] Wow! Those colors are out of this world. [​IMG] You never disappoint. [​IMG] Of course, quality photo helps, but this time you've nailed it. High-class without being pretentious. I'm sure I wouldn't be able to pull of a DB jacket like that. [​IMG] There is nothing to say, but [​IMG] [​IMG] Lovely combo spoozy. I really-really like it. Despite all your missteps, you can combine color like very few of us do. [​IMG] I like that jacket and your use of brown. You've inspired me to order a brown striped shirt. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] If sportcoats were women, I would marry this one. [​IMG] Awesome! This color suit is my next goal. [​IMG]
    damn, Acecow, great play-by-play. Thanks!

13. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Well-Known Member

damn, Acecow, great play-by-play. Thanks!

Agreed - Nice wrapup. Thanks for the includes, and Mrs. Spoo thanks you too! [​IMG]

14. Navi

Navi Well-Known Member

I like the tie and the loud PS. It works for you.

Wow, thanks for the include! I never thought this day would come... *sniff*

15. gnatty8

gnatty8 Well-Known Member

Thanks. They are Vass loafers. I was trying to sell them earlier, but, I guess, the price was too high. Ended up stretching them and now they fit just fine:

Those are terrific. I rarely wear loafers, just don't like the aesthetic, but those could change my mind.

16. acecow

acecow Well-Known Member

Those are terrific. I rarely wear loafers, just don't like the aesthetic, but those could change my mind.

Exactly my thoughts. This is the only pair I own.

17. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Well-Known Member

Kiton suit
    NM pocket-square
    Kiton shirt
    Brioni tie
    DY belt
    Brioni socks
    Kiton bluchers
    Michael cologne
    Cartier watch

18. jwmbro

jwmbro Active Member

Decided short notice to crash a friend's graduation party. It was a semi-formal evening event, but I unfortunately do not own a dinner jacket. I do however have a ruffled front tux shirt, black bowtie & black studs & cufflinks, so having learned from SF that in bad light dark blue looks like black, I made do with a blazer, and got as close to black&white as I could.

Didn't think go shoot a proper pic before I go out, so I just grabbed a quick phone self-portrait in a mirror.

[​IMG]
    Not pictured: Black shoes. Would white shoes have gone better with white trou? I don't personally have any white shoes other than sneakers, so they would have been out of the question for me.

I realize this would never fly for a properly formal event, but to put things into perspective, I was the only person even attempting to pull off a bowtie (if not the only person even capable of tying one) - most people were just wearing black suits with black shirts and bright ties (yuck).

Thus concluding my first ever attempt at formal evening wear since my school prom several years ago. I really need to consider investing in a proper dinner jacket once I finish grad school.

PS: I had two people comment on my being "completely in black and white", so the navy = black at nighttime trick really does work.

19. luftvier

While I appreciate the creativity, I'm not a fan. I would have liked this if you'd gone with a standard shirt and bow tie. The tux shirt and studs aren't doing it for me.

20. Psydelik

Psydelik Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Please be gentle as this is as close to MC as I get haha. I'm trying to wear a suit as well as an 18 year old can. Will try to get better pictures up soon [​IMG] PS the puckering is from my arm wrapping around my special lady [​IMG] Suit is Zara, shirt is BB, tie, collar bar, and ps from The Tie Bar, cufflinks (no vis.) are vintage. Thanks gentlemen!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.