• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotDickDiver

Reaction score

I have a gold crucifix I was given for my first communion. I would never think of not wearing it either. Good on you.

I have a silver UFO that I got when I saw Mars Attacks. I would never think of not wearing it either. Good on you.

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had occasion to go to Boston this past weekend, and had occasion also to bring a suit, and a camera. The results are as below (and apologies for the picture quality - my point-and-shoot isn't quite as good at detail as my DSLR).
P1020890514x1280.jpg

P1020889485x1280.jpg

P1020892703x1280.jpg

P10208851124x1280.jpg

P1020886898x1280.jpg

Nice background for a change. Far less distracting.

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The backward slanted tie clip is a bit distracting, I think it is a personal preference.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A sick Mrs and crook neck for the past week has meant no posting. Back to work now though.

Details -

Suit: Messini Charcoal DB
Shirt - Cottonwork Thomas Mason purple gingham (an early collar of mine I really don't like)
Tie: Henry Carter Neckwear Navy Grenadine un-lined 7 fold
Shoes: Black 1880 Loake Knightsbridge

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How exceedingly clever of you to bring an ensemble that coordinates with your hotel room! :nodding:

I can assure you that the effect was entirely intentional - NOT. :nodding:

Was this a business trip?  I ask because you seem to wear pinstripes almost exclusively. 
shog%5B1%5D.gif

It was not a business trip, and the ensemble was chosen for its rather striking visuals much more than its appropriateness for the situation for which it was worn, but it met with some admiration, nonetheless.

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was not a business trip, and the ensemble was chosen for its rather striking visuals much more than its appropriateness for the situation for which it was worn, but it met with some admiration, nonetheless.
Somebody got lucky :)

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
G
This is how its done guys!
Looks really good except: 1. I really dislike rain oats being conflated with trench coats. That looks nothing like any definition of a trench coat that I'm aware of. 2. Was a raincoat necessary on such a beautiful sunny day? Still great pics. I seem to remember Presto as an all too rare but no less welcome pic poster on here.

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's me next to a large animal I, um, assembled

4586a25f-e0a3-91db.jpg

Here are the details

4586a25f-e0be-6cf4.jpg

Here is my ballin' high-dollar precision timepiece

4586a25f-e0cc-da7d.jpg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Somebody got lucky :)

For better or worse, the admiration that my attire garnered this weekend was expressed only in platonic terms - so sorry to disappoint :satisfied:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

I had occasion to go to Boston this past weekend, and had occasion also to bring a suit, and a camera. The results are as below (and apologies for the picture quality - my point-and-shoot isn't quite as good at detail as my DSLR).

P1020890514x1280.jpg

P1020889485x1280.jpg

P1020892703x1280.jpg

P10208851124x1280.jpg

P1020886898x1280.jpg

this speaks to my inner gangster.

ok ok fine, just because i has stripes doesn't make it mafioso. in fact, while a description would make this everything I dislike about wearing suits and overcoats and ties and what not, the pictures obviously paint a completely different image. I don't know if it's your jubilant youthful expression or the over-the-top cufflinks or the pocket watch or that (silk?) scarf, but when assembled together in this manner i must say you look like a smashing chap ~_~

and now I imagine you to be great company over a nice pasta dinner ... is this true ?

i'm going to quote your pics over on the other side just because how much i like this outfit as an ensemble. with your permission, of course.

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Star of David, but you have the right idea. 18th birthday present. I don't take it off unless I have to.

I have a gold crucifix I was given for my first communion. I would never think of not wearing it either.

I got some "Batman" underoos for my birthday when I was around 4.

Not sayin' anything, just sayin'.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

this speaks to my inner gangster.
ok ok fine, just because i has stripes doesn't make it mafioso. in fact, while a description would make this everything I dislike about wearing suits and overcoats and ties and what not, the pictures obviously paint a completely different image. I don't know if it's your jubilant youthful expression or the over-the-top cufflinks or the pocket watch or that (silk?) scarf, but when assembled together in this manner i must say you look like a smashing chap ~_~
and now I imagine you to be great company over a nice pasta dinner ... is this true ?
i'm going to quote your pics over on the other side just because how much i like this outfit as an ensemble. with your permission, of course.

First off, at my age, anyone who will state that I have a "jubilant youthful expression" is fast on the road to becoming my new best friend.

The suit is from New & Lingwood, Jermyn St., London, and in London, the stripings are seen as more financial services industry than construction or waste management. The cufflinks are from M P Levene, Thurloe Place, South Kensington.

FYI, the scarf is silk, from Paul Stuart in NYC, and, ironically enough, I did have a very nice pasta dinner directly after the photo was taken (Strega, Hanover St., in the North End of Boston - burratta with prosciutto and tomato, followed by bucantini all' amatriciana). However, no violin cases containing hidden weaponry were observed during dinner.

As for quoting my picture, where exactly is "the other side" - SW &D? AAAC? FNB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads