• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hump dAy
110420072.jpg

I need to stop eating..
110420074.jpg

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by upr_crust
tinfoil.gif
IMGP0431904x1280.jpg
IMGP0432851x1280.jpg

Lovely shirt and tie. Liking the contrasting collar. Envious of the shoes.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
Lovely shirt and tie. Liking the contrasting collar. Envious of the shoes.

The tie and the shoes were both sourced from Bergdorf's, and both were heavily marked down (about 60% in both cases) which appealed both to my sense of style and to my miserly sense of Yankee thrift
smile.gif

IrateCustomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
Hump dAy
110420072.jpg
I need to stop eating..
110420074.jpg
For the first time since watching this thread, I'm not feeling the tie selection. I can't put my finger on it, but it makes my brain crinkle. I love the PS choice here, and think a tie that accents it a little better would strengthen the look. /shrug

DaBatMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tesuquegolfer
Any plans for new threads on this trip?
eh.gif

lurker[1].gif

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
I've never seriously posted in this thread. But here's From Palm Sunday - khaki cotton suit (J. Crew Ludlow) straight off the rack (sleeves are probably a little too long), AE Sanfords, shirt is from a local tailor. Tie is generic department store - Daniel Cremiuex from Dillards. I'd worn the suit to wedding & reception then out the previous night and woke up and wore it to church & brunch, so by the time this picture was taken, it had wrinkled a fair bit. Thought the outfit worked well and matched my GF.
Edited.jpg

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MalfordOfLondon
DSC_0059.jpg

My favourite fit from the last day. Love the tie choice.

Originally Posted by upr_crust
FWIW, and have at it, fellow posters . . .

I like the item choices quite a bit, but the jacket fit looks a little off in a few places. I can't say as I'm sufficiently knowledgeable to explain why, but there are lines and tension appearing where they shouldn't. Not in a major way, but enough to throw the look a bit in a still photo.

Not that I'm one to speak. Sunny weather + lazy day enjoying it = slipping standards.
tongue.gif

wg9Cq.jpg

tesuquegolfer

Reaction score
Sorry for my crappy out of focus pics but hopefully you can see well enough to answer my questions. Does the Gingham go with the tie? Would you wear a Gingham shirt with this plaid SC? The trousers are a very faint plaid and I thought I might be able to pull it off, too much plaid? Never wear plaid trousers (even faint) with a plaid jacket? Is PS totally mismatched?

RandyinHSMSilkSportCoatCloseupTieandPocketSquare4-20-11.jpg

RandysTie-Belt-Shirt-PantsCloseup4-20-11.jpg

RandysJMCelliniswStripedSocksandPlaidSlacks4-20-11.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads