1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luftvier

luftvier Well-Known Member

Her lengthening of the trousers did you no favors. I'm not sure about the suit in general, though. I do think that it would benefit from a spread collar, but I don't know if that sort of collar is in your wheelhouse.

Most of my shirts are spread, A small number (maybe 3-4) have a point collar. This is one of them.

2. acridsheep

acridsheep Well-Known Member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members
    SPOOmpa Loompa oompa de do I've got a perfect puzzle for you SPOOmpa Loompa oompa de de If you are a wise you'll listen to me What do you get when you wear purple cord Flitting around like the Chairman of the Board What do you do when you don such a hue Who do you think you are, you're Spoo! SPOOmpa Loompa oompa de dah If you wear purple you will go far You will bed scores of loose women too Like the SPOOmpa Loompa doompa de do SPOOmpa De Do! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. upr_crust

upr_crust Well-Known Member

Jacket is too big for you, but I suspect you already know that. IMO it's a bit too long as well.

It is not that the jacket is too big on me, it's that I'm too small for the jacket [​IMG] .

Jacket length is a controversial subject around here, and I may be coming around to your point of view with the debut of my next suit - from Paul Stuart, the jacket is significantly shorter than my usual BB suits. I will be interested on the reaction of fellow posters as to its length.

4. upr_crust

upr_crust Well-Known Member

SPOOmpa Loompa oompa de do
    I've got a perfect puzzle for you
    SPOOmpa Loompa oompa de de
    If you are a wise you'll listen to me

What do you get when you wear purple cord
    Flitting around like the Chairman of the Board
    What do you do when you don such a hue
    Who do you think you are, you're Spoo!

SPOOmpa Loompa oompa de dah
    If you wear purple you will go far
    You will bed scores of loose women too
    Like the SPOOmpa Loompa doompa de do

SPOOmpa De Do!
    ]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. 16-Ton

16-Ton Well-Known Member

A made-to-measure service is very much dependent on the initial fittings and measurements taken - I cannot speak for the entirety of Brooks Bros., but I can recommend highly the services of Alex Hago, the gentleman in charge of MTMN at One Liberty Plaza in New York - very high degree of professionalism, and an expert at his job. The one suit fitted by him for me is quite handsome, as are the shirts that I had made at the same time.

Again, thanks very much for the opinion.

6. MBreinin

MBreinin Well-Known Member

This pic illustrates exactly why I used to crop my head. But, ya'll wanted head shots, so you get them...complete with me in the middle of a blink.

Time for red.

Have a good one,

Mike

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. luftvier

luftvier Well-Known Member

Lufty, show me a pic of the label and the comp tag. I'll tell you when it was from.
    As you wish, Mr. Wonka.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This pic illustrates exactly why I used to crop my head. But, ya'll wanted head shots, so you get them...complete with me in the middle of a blink.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dammed good use of red, Mike.

8. IrateCustomer

IrateCustomer Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Looks like Jar Jar is getting ready for some serious diplomatic negotiations.

9. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Well-Known Member

You look 100% better without the goatee.

I'm the opposite. I shaved the beard and my flabby-ass jowl is uglying up my look.

Nice, Titsworth. New suit? New alterations?

mktitsworth, good call on losing the goatee.

Jacket is much better than your others, but I still see some shoulder divots.

You know what they say in real estate, titsworth: Location, location, location. [​IMG]

Major, major improvements!! Great fitting jacket. And congrats on your victory. Deets on that watch? Looks like a contender.

Thanks. I'm still unsold as to the lack of facial hair. I hate the cleft in my chin and feel that my jaw has too much hang. The suit I've had almost a year and has shown up once before. It is going in for some work soon though. Shoulders fit pretty well and where they're supposed to in the front, but the padding is such that there's a gap around the back. Found a new tailor recently so I'm going to see what he can do with it. The watch is by Adee Kaye. Nothing terribly fancy, but keeps time well and looks good.

[​IMG]

10. Jamesgatz

Jamesgatz Well-Known Member

11. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member

I've been trying to use Holdfast's idea of having a concept. Today's was Strawberry creme truffle.
    What have I started...? [​IMG] Actually, looks pretty good, and if it helps shake off your lingering doubts about the goatee, I'm going to add to the chorus saying you look much better without it. I don't object to facial hair per se, but the goatee you had was a bit dated in appearance.
    ...clearly I need either a new camera or a new monitor ...
    Part of it is the lighting, I think, but given how many people are noticing difference, it may be the monitor too. Have you tried calibrating the monitor at least with some of the freebie software out there? I seem to recall using Adobe Gamma a while back and after some futzing around, it really did make the screen look better.
    [​IMG]
    Just today I was tempted by a linen scarf, and then figured I'd never wear it. You wear it well, but I'm still not entirely sold of the core concept, at least for me. By the way, happy birthday!
    [*] Unsure whether worth keeping for the fun factor or should give away.
    It looks a LOT of fun. My vote would be to keep, unless you have a similar item already. Having something frivolous at the back of your wardrobe that you hardly ever wear is good for the soul! [​IMG]
    Time for red.
    That's a lot of red! In conjunction with the blazer and crested tie, it gives off a vaguely regimental air. Not sure if that's what you were going for or not. Certainly smart. I couldn't wear that shade of fire-engine red though! My recent run of leery outfits continues... Misjudged the weather today though; it was pretty cool despite the sunshine around lunchtime as I was heading out, so thought I'd wear this flannel for one of the last times until autumn. It was OK over lunch, even sitting outside in the sun, but by mid-afternoon, and walking around town, things were starting to get a bit hot under the collar! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. NOBD

NOBD Well-Known Member

Just today I was tempted by a linen scarf, and then figured I'd never wear it. You wear it well, but I'm still not entirely sold of the core concept, at least for me. By the way, happy birthday!

Thank you, Holdfast. Turned 40 today. My "concept" is of practical nature: convenient for chilly spring and summer mornings (when I bring the little one to school on my bicycle).

13. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member

Thank you, Holdfast. Turned 40 today. My "concept" is of practical nature: convenient for chilly spring and summer mornings (when I bring the little one to school on my bicycle).
    I meant more the choice of knot/fold rather than wearing the scarf per se. But either way the scarf is certainly a wiser solution tham the misjudgment I made with wearing flannel on a cool start to the day that turned hot by later! (I believe that particular age milestone doesn't actually exist. One stays 39 ad infinitum, right? [​IMG] )

14. NOBD

NOBD Well-Known Member

I meant more the choice of knot/fold rather than wearing the scarf per se. But either way the scarf is certainly a wiser solution tham the misjudgment I made with wearing flannel on a cool start to the day that turned hot by later!

Ah, I'm sorry, misunderstood that.

[​IMG], and I thought I misjudged the weather with my springy outfit, but I got lucky.

(I believe that particular age milestone doesn't actually exist. One stays 39 ad infinitum, right? [​IMG] )

(Right! More like 17 for me...)

15. ctp120

ctp120 Well-Known Member

16. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Well-Known Member

Time for red.

Have a good one,

Mike

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

YEEEEOW Batman!!!!

17. IsteRed

IsteRed Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Your style is awesome [​IMG] on every photo!

18. ctp120

ctp120 Well-Known Member

IsteRed,

Thanks, you're too kind.

19. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

Changing decades today.

Happy b-day, NOBD. Looking good.

Summer loafin' today.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Ohnistun

Ohnistun Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Very nice - I like the blackberry/OJ prop. What shoes are those?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.