1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MBreinin

MBreinin Well-Known Member

Warm and VERY muggy today, no A/C, nor jacket or tie.

No A/C, brutal.

Record highs here the past couple days...but a meat locker in my office. I could wear the Nutter in here. [​IMG]

Mike

2. IrateCustomer

IrateCustomer Well-Known Member

Looks like an Ivy League security guard...

Nah, the Ivy League Security Guards have navy blue blazers, and gray slacks.....hey wait a minute!

3. Pieceofsand

Pieceofsand Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Crust, what is that white line around(or on) your shirt? I always see them and I can't say I know what they are. I also want to say that, I like the new post in your photos. Nice work!

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Well-Known Member

^ freshly pressed from the cleaners!

5. upr_crust

upr_crust Well-Known Member

Damn, this suit fit better last spring. :diet:
    [​IMG]

Great shoes, and very toned-down Spoo, but elegant as always (even if your chest is swelling outwards a shade - but who doesn't want bigger pectorals, no?)

Well-fitting clothes are an excellent motivation to maintain weight, that's for sure!

The colours are very pleasant and the fit is good too. I think tab collars do not suit you, but then again, who do they suit, really? So have fun with them!

I think I prefer this suit rolled to the bottom button, extending the lapel line. The lapel roll is soft enough to cope with it. Further to suggestions from others, I've tried pairing this suit with a contrast collar shirt; I think that also suits it better, so thank you to those making that suggestion.

New, well-fitting, and blindingly expensive (at least for me) clothes are a definite motivation to eschew excess caloric intake.

As for tab collars, they are a peculiarity of mine - one of many . . .

I agree that your suit jacket looks good rolled from the bottom button. I like today's shirt, but perhaps the lack of love that it has engendered (at least from one source) is due to the exposure of the collar band below and behind the tie?

Crust, what is that white line around(or on) your shirt? I always see them and I can't say I know what they are. I also want to say that, I like the new post in your photos. Nice work!

The white line is a band of paper put on my shirts by my shirt laundry in order to keep the shirt in place while folded, and thanks for the positive comments!

6. Kappelan

Kappelan Well-Known Member

Are you Phat Guido in disguise?

Funny )

7. 16-Ton

16-Ton Well-Known Member

The shirt and tie (and suit) are all Brooks Bros. of various vintages - the shirt was MTM many years ago, the tie and suit are much more recent purchases. Shoes today are C & J via Barney's.

So you do not use BB MTM program anymore?

8. jcriswel

jcriswel Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I don't know what it is about this picture that I like. It is by far my favorite picture of you. When you're sitting, relaxed, and the lighting is not unbearable, you look fabulous!

9. 0b5cur1ty

0b5cur1ty Well-Known Member

IMO, this desperately needs a shot of color/contrast. Looks like a nice suit, but it's almost invisible.
    Can quite understand this comment; it's monochrome, even by my standards. The suit does have a (very) subtle coloured micro-stripe so it's not quite as boring in real life.

Brown in town today, and cotton seersucker at that.

[​IMG]

Like, wow.

Technically, I am referring to myself in the third animal.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Blimey.

I like it better rolled to the bottom as well. I also like this tie with it, but not the shirt.

Mike

+1. I actually think the suit looks great - but the contrast-collar shirt pushes this over the edge.

10. luftvier

luftvier Well-Known Member

^I think the contrast is what makes it work!

11. philosophe

philosophe Well-Known Member

Crusty, the spring colors look great.
    HF, I like the suit and the shirt, but I think a solid tie would be better. There's just too much going on.

12. ndw

ndw Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

^This is very nice. Pants look like they could use less tapering below the knee.

[​IMG]

^Another beautiful combo. Shirt is great and demonstrates that matchy can be good sometimes. Sleeves on the suit are way too short imo.​

13. DaBatMan

DaBatMan Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Awesome TB. I've been loving the green and gray go together recently. Must be a phase that I'm going through. In any event great job on today's fit.
    Damn, this suit fit better last spring. :diet:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Looks great still Spoo. My physique looked like yours (about 10 years ago). Thank you for the motivation and please... do share your workout secrets with me. More crappy pics on the iPod. I need lessons from Spoo, UC, & Orgetorix, to name a few, on posing for pics and then a worthy camera. In any event… 3rd day on the new job. High 91 today. Basic light gray trousers paired with a white button down dress shirt. Shoes and belt are brown FWIW.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. ctp120

ctp120 Well-Known Member

Sleeves on the suit are way too short imo.

Agreed, and I never fail to notice it when wearing the suit either. This is pretty old and one of my first linen suits. I mentioned once before, here or in another thread, that I'm still mad at the tailor over this--the wrinkling at the elbow, made worse by the narrowness of the sleeve, causes the sleeves to draw up considerably after I've had the coat on awhile. They are just about right otherwise, only a hair short if at all. The right sleeve looks worse in this pic than IRL. The left, however, is sadly representative.

15. upr_crust

upr_crust Well-Known Member

So you do not use BB MTM program anymore?

Not so - I am not a habitual user of BB's MTM services, but I've had things made for me much more recently - had a suit and some shirts made a year ago last March.

[​IMG]

I don't know what it is about this picture that I like. It is by far my favorite picture of you. When you're sitting, relaxed, and the lighting is not unbearable, you look fabulous!

Thank you. For some reason, the distance between the camera and that chair makes the pictures come out better - who knew?

Crusty, the spring colors look great..

Merci, mon cher philosophe.

16. pvrhye

pvrhye Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I'm guessing Barims would approve.

17. Digmenow

Digmenow Well-Known Member

The blazer is too big but I'm committed to wearing one as often as a possible so this one had to do today. Nobody with whom I come in contact is aware enough to catch it and simply ask me why I's so dressed. No more pretense. I need my readers to see the camera before I take the shot. [​IMG] [​IMG] Took this for ThreadBearer... FIHX2 [​IMG] Takin' the Poker's advice... wear what'ja got! [​IMG] The light is hitting the gunboats wrong. They are not cloudy. The shine is uniform and consistent with the side pieces. [​IMG]

18. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Well-Known Member

Zegna reversible jacket
    Kiton shirt
    AG jeans
    Nocona belt
    NM socks
    Gucci penny loafers
    Creed cologne
    Tiffany watch

19. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Well-Known Member

Looks great still Spoo. My physique looked like yours (about 10 years ago). Thank you for the motivation and please... do share your workout secrets with me.

More crappy pics on the iPod. I need lessons from Spoo, UC, & Orgetorix, to name a few, on posing for pics and then a worthy camera.

I hate to burst your bubble Bats, but I have never once in my life seen the inside of a gym, and my pics are all done with an iPhone4. Posing? Well, just stand in a way that best shows the fit of the outfit, and make it natural, not forced.

Not so - I am not a habitual user of BB's MTM services, but I've had things made for me much more recently - had a suit and some shirts made a year ago last March.

Dont think I told you Crusty, but the new seated post offers worlds of difference in your pics in terms of clarity and color... not so much for fit - I wish you could replicate those settings for your standing pics. Also, I like the combo today. Im never going to say no to a green tie [​IMG]

Took this for ThreadBearer... FIHX2

Takin' the Poker's advice... wear what'ja got!

The FiH2 needs to be tightened up a bit to work... but looks good. Im not sold on yellow ties, per se - but this look works for you. From your loot, I would have done the Borrelli though. If you dont, sell it to me [​IMG]

20. DaBatMan

DaBatMan Well-Known Member

...all done with an iPhone4
    ... [​IMG]

I hate to burst your bubble Bats, but I have never once in my life seen the inside of a gym...
    Now I really hate you.[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.