1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Well-Known Member

This won't help, but f**k it, let's rock.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6 people like this.
  2. RDiaz

RDiaz Well-Known Member

I like it, but I believe a shorter jacket and pants that sit higher on the waist would make your torso look more proportionate - it looks really long as it is now!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  3. B|aze

B|aze Well-Known Member

It's overall good, but I would have gone with a V-neck instead and the pants seems a bit to baggy. Colors are good

4. deandbn

deandbn Well-Known Member

Put your pic the right way up.

Tighten / adjust your tie a little and get yourself a respectable dimple while you about it.

Suit fit looks very good.

Edit addition :

after looking at the pics put the correct way up, it looks as if you are posing with your hips un-naturally forward, if you stood straight your jacket probably would not pull at the button. Your stance is also making the trousers look awkward.
    Dress properly this time (tie), do another pic the correct way up, stand up straight, and it should look a helluva lot better.

Don't even think about saying you think the tailor would be rude to charge you again. The tailor charges you for labour, so if you take it back and want more labour then you should, pay again fo the extra labour.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  5. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Well-Known Member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone

I like this in principle, bernoulli, but I'm not sure about the overall effect. (I'll pause here to see if anyone catches the physics humor. (No? Too arcane?)

All kidding aside, though, please give deets on the young lady in the background. :fonz:

6. upr_crust

upr_crust Well-Known Member

Suit - BB MTM
    Shirt - Lewin
    Tie - Aquascutum
    Cufflinks - BB
    Pocket square - no name brand
    Shoes - Heschung
    Overcoat - BB
    Scarf - Turnbull & Asser
    Hat - Selentino

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  7. Dewi

Dewi Well-Known Member

It may just be me, and admittedly I'm not around here very often, but I think this suit fits you best of any I've seen you wear. Perhaps more DBs in your future?

8. TauKappaEpsilon

TauKappaEpsilon Well-Known Member

Interview at a leading, if not the top, NJ law firm.

Custom cashmere overcoat
    Custom suit (charcoal with light blue over check)
    RL shirt
    BB tie
    AE fifth ave (dark brown)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8 people like this.
  9. black_umbrella

black_umbrella Well-Known Member

First day back to classes, so fits will occur.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  10. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Well-Known Member

I have to agree. I think the shirt is throwing off the distribution. With that configuration a white shirt and darker, matte tie would have balanced the equation must better. Bring up the buttoning point a scootch and add a white linen pocketsquare. Then the process would be complete.

1 person likes this.
  11. upr_crust

upr_crust Well-Known Member

As this suit was made-to-measure for me, it had a better-than-even chance of actually fitting me well (as much as my body seems to morph in strange ways, sometimes seemingly from day to day). Whether I will commission more DB's remains to be seen - I will have to remove suits from my closet in order to make room for new items, which isn't in the forecast for the immediate future, but, one never knows.

12. jhcam8

jhcam8 Well-Known Member

Killer, upper - love the suit and scarf, especially.

13. Dewi

Dewi Well-Known Member

I meant that I think the DB suits you better than the single breasted, not necessarily that it physically fits you better, though the physical fit looks very nice as well. I should have more coffee before using words in the morning.

14. Stilig

Stilig Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Jacket - Boglioli silk/cotton-blend (part of suit)
    Rollneck - Malo Cashmere
    Shirt - Tintoria Mattei 954
    PS - Eton (wool)
    Trousers - H&M
    Shoes - Santoni FAM suede loafers

2 people like this.
  15. EFV

EFV Well-Known Member

Your best so far IMHO. I'll leave the sartorial nitpicking to the more experienced posters. Having gone to many interviews myself in the past I do believe I have some good insight to give on some stuff though. I know light blue shirts look great, same goes for brown shoes. For interviews, especially within law/finance etc, I think you should be on the safe side and go for white shirt/black oxfords though. As for the hair style, try parting it on one side and comb it back, I think this could work with your hair length:
    [​IMG]

Good luck!

1 person likes this.
  16. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Well-Known Member

TKE, much better showing here. I think you are beginning to understand dressing to flatter your figure as well as demonstrating a much better grasp on keeping proportions in check. The higher buttoning-point of this jacket is perfect for you, as it minimizes the amount of shirt shown. This decreases how tall you look and, accordingly, makes everything appear in balance.

The shoulders are also more toned down here. Unfortunately you have naturally wide shoulders and a small neck/head. Dressing with natural shoulders will create a slope from your neck to the end of the shoulder. This will decrease the "pin head" look that structured shoulders seem to give you so often.

The last thing I would like to call out is the fullness of the pant. In many of your other posts (with jeans and trousers) you seem to have closed front coats with ultra-tapered legs. This gives you a Popsicle stick appearance and only increases awareness of you height. It also makes the jacket look ill-fitting, even though it is not, because you create an "A" shape rather than the coveted "V." The fuller legs here compliment the fit of the jacket much better and do not call attention to your height/thinness because they do not visually cut you in half.

Again this fit shows a great deal of improvement. You are clearly beginning to focus more on flattering your figure and maintaining a semblance of balance. This will be your key to success.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  17. Fred49

Fred49 Well-Known Member

Good morning from the left coast
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    shoes G&G
    suit Richard Anderson
    shirt Freddy V
    tie New and Lingwood
    ps " "

9 people like this.
  18. oldog/oldtrix

oldog/oldtrix Well-Known Member

19. gavspen

gavspen Well-Known Member

As one whose lurked around here for some considerable time (lacking both the wardrobe and digital camera skills required to make a meaningful contribution) I've seen many references to the "buttoning point". OK, obviously it can be in an incorrect/unflattering position, but how one earth does one "bring up" the buttoning point? Moving a button is easy, sure, but the button hole?

20. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.