1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbuffone

jbuffone Well-Known Member

[​IMG][/quote]

Looks great. Just about perfect for a classroom...just enough ruggedness to handle chalkdust and teenage angst. Deets on the pants, shoes please.

2. watchingdetails2002

watchingdetails2002 Well-Known Member

[[​IMG][/quote]

I like the shoe, cool color and adds a pop of interesting in my mind. Wish the teachers out her would wear a tie!

3. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Well-Known Member

Brioni blazer
    Brioni shirt
    Brioni pant
    MD belt
    Brioni socks
    Prada bluchers
    Boucheron Cologne
    GP watch

4. shoejohn

shoejohn Well-Known Member

Gents,
    I can not thank you enough for the inspiration this thread has given me. Having said that, I would like a critique (fit, color combos, etc.) on my first offering to WAYWRN. I have thick skin so please let me know what you think. I'll never be Vox [​IMG] , but with a little help, my attire may be less offensive.[​IMG]

PS. Shoes are vintage Florsheim Imperials. Thrifted for $10!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. harry2quinn

harry2quinn Well-Known Member

I've been away for too long... mostly because sunny CA weather doesn't afford me the opportunity to wear as many layers and patterns as I'd like! Nice to see not much has changed. Bespoke navy tonal stripe suit Bespoke (with my birth stone) sterling silver cufflinks (out of focus!) Allen Edmonds shoes Robert Talbott socks Ermenegildo Zenga tie Guess shirt [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Neofinitia

Neofinitia Well-Known Member

Thanks all for opinion on a collar of my shirt! I think that now I can really make the correct decision. Anyway, I have received a lot of information for reflexion.[​IMG]

In my opinion, I thought you were smashing. I try not linger too much on the details. It is important but I tend to like viewing the forest than the trees.

BTW, my cap was by Block NYC.

7. luftvier

luftvier Well-Known Member

BTW, I would change the jacket to the ensemble say something just a tad more casual/unstructured and it would be golden for me. Alternatively a more casual tie for this jacket would work. I like it.
    To my eye, the top is too dressed up for the bottom. I'm not a fan of the color of the shoes.
    Nice looking jacket, but would be much better as a suit (and brown shoes). Looks like an orphan to me esp. with the jeans.
    I think everything works but the baby blue jeans. If you had a darker wash jean, then I'd be a fan. I do like the shoes in that context - I can't say I'd pick them up off the shelf though.

8. Neofinitia

Neofinitia Well-Known Member

I would actually wear NYR shoes in my ensemble today [​IMG] Cue foofing...

9. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Well-Known Member

Gents,
    I can not thank you enough for the inspiration this thread has given me. Having said that, I would like a critique (fit, color combos, etc.) on my first offering to WAYWRN. I have thick skin so please let me know what you think. I'll never be Vox [​IMG] , but with a little help, my attire may be less offensive.[​IMG]

PS. Shoes are vintage Florsheim Imperials. Thrifted for $10!!!

welcome- first tip: post a higher resolution pic [​IMG] The moire from that busy pattern at low res makes it impossible to tell.

10. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Well-Known Member

If you feel that there is not enough criticism here, then start sharing it, cos i know that is one of the main reasons i post here (and why i hope a lot of people are posting) ... Edit - for example ... AJV just said PG's fit is perfect ... i totally disagree ... and i wont hesitate to point that out. PG is a great dresser, but that is nowhere near a perfect fit for him.
    - you have a point here, but most here won't take criticism well & most here appear to think this is some cake baking competition. - I know there is a certain SF aesthetic here, but I for one am liking wearing my suits fuller at the moment - especially when it is hot & that I am gaining extra body mass
    I think the points of your shirt collar should be covered by your jacket, that is a better visual effect. In IST's case, not only the points are not covered, they look like pencil in the glass. I am not going to say anything about that huge knot, double FIH or whatever that is,it looks awful. Longer and more spread collar will look better, in my opinion.
    - I agree
    By the way, I agree with your assessment of Phat's suits. I prefer his slimmer fits of last year better.
    - Phats getting FAT
    Curious to hear feedback on this:
    - top don't mix with the bottom - shoes don't fit in at all

11. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Well-Known Member

Seek Counseling. Or beer. Or a timeout. Or Red.
    - you have all the answers..

12. acecow

acecow Well-Known Member

- you have a point here, but most here won't take criticism well & most here appear to think this is some cake baking competition.

I enjoy reading this thread for inspiration. However, the lack of criticism is starting to make it boring. Even I see certain things I don't like about people's ensembles, and I'm nowhere near the likes of most stylish people posting here.

IST66, отлично одеваешься! Пожалуй, лучше всех здесь. И уж точно не как старый дед выглядишь.

13. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Well-Known Member

- you have all the answers..

Only for you, babe. Have a great weekend.

And how long before you move on to mumus?

14. TRINI

TRINI Well-Known Member

And how long before you move on to mumus?

[​IMG]

15. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

I would like a critique (fit, color combos, etc.) on my first offering to WAYWRN. I have thick skin so please let me know what you think.

1. Replace tee-shirt with oxford cloth button down in solid white or light blue.
    2. Replace Miller Lite with Budweiser in can for more "Trad" look

16. AndrewO

AndrewO Member

Thanks for your comments, kind words and comments, gentlemen![​IMG] [​IMG]
    It is a little unexpected for me. I have very attentively read your recommendations. They are very valuable to me.

Thank you! Alden Unlined Chukka Boot

Cheers! SC and pants - Borelli, shirt - Finamore, Shoes - C&J, PS - Wong.[​IMG]

Sweet

17. TRINI

TRINI Well-Known Member

Great jacket!

Thanks IST.

18. luftvier

1. Replace tee-shirt with oxford cloth button down in solid white or light blue.
    2. Replace Miller Lite with Budweiser in can for more "Trad" look

3. Replace jeans with grey flannel or darker wash.

19. luftvier

Well - then that sounds like you are going out of your way to not match - which i find more affected than matching. Why go the extra effort to find a belt in a "slightly" different shade just to prove you are not anal retentive/OCD? I hear this comment every now and then and it baffles me. I always learnt to dress with matching belt and shoes ... and although a slight variation in color is allowed, it should be the exception and not the norm. Also, you must not be familiar with WAYWRN. Silence typically is the form of criticism here. In general ... if something is average, slightly bad or just enh people dont quote or talk about it ... if something is REALLY nice, people complement it effusively ... and if something sucks big time people rip it to shreds. And if something sucks or isnt as great as the complement it is receiving ... someone usually steps up and points that out. If you feel that there is not enough criticism here, then start sharing it, cos i know that is one of the main reasons i post here (and why i hope a lot of people are posting) ... Also, your comments/criticisms will hold more weight if you actually post pictures to give people an idea of your sense of style Edit - for example ... AJV just said PG's fit is perfect ... i totally disagree ... and i wont hesitate to point that out. PG is a great dresser, but that is nowhere near a perfect fit for him. [​IMG]
    WAYWRN - not enough real criticism - too much bukkake. That said, I liked PG's look - trou long for my taste, but I don't mind the sackier fits. Now that I am finally realizing that slim ≠ better, I have began to appreciate well fitting, yet more classically preportioned, garments. I wish that I had gotten more criticism about a year ago. I am severely culling my clothes now b/c of fits - TaT and RLBL just don't appeal to me nowadays. I look at shots of myself and find me looking quite silly. ...or perhaps I was being told, but was refusing to listen... [​IMG]

20. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Well-Known Member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    [​IMG]
    LOVE this outfit. But wash that mirror!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.