1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Well-Known Member

I'm sorry if I'm not a member of the circle jerk club.

You're right. You're in a circle jerk club all your own lately. [​IMG]

2. niidawg3

niidawg3 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry if I'm not a member of the circle jerk club.

why would you want your belt/shoes to not match? what is the aesthetic or functional benefit of an un-matched pair of belt/shoes?

and since you admitted to it being a rule, why does you pointing it out mean you are not a member of the circle jerking club? its okay to have your own quirks or break the rules to suit your taste - no wahala there ... but to brand people as being circle-jerkers because they dont agree with you is pretty silly.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Well-Known Member

Voxsartoria's Weekly WAYWRN Subjective and Totally Unfair Digestâ„¢ for the week ending 04/16/2010, with some Shouts and Murmurs.

- B

4. kgmessier

kgmessier Well-Known Member

Voxsartoria's Weekly WAYWRN Subjective and Totally Unfair Digestâ„¢ for the week ending 04/16/2010, with some Shouts and Murmurs. - B
    When will you start referring to it as the SATUDâ„¢?

5. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Well-Known Member

Thanks for the kind words for yesterday's fit. Here's today's... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Woolrich shirt jacket JCrew button-down shirt GAP selvedge jeans RL cordovan boots

6. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Well-Known Member

Nice Woolrich, Moo-Cow. From what year?

7. ld111134

ld111134 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the kind words for yesterday's fit. Here's today's...
    [​IMG]

Nice casual fit, Moo. Where did you get the shirt jacket?

8. Beetleything

Beetleything Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really like your style- the colours and pattern mixes.

I would like to see more of you though -- a whole body shot to see more of the whole assembly as it where.[​IMG]

Both these suit jackets look great - any details on them - OTR or MTM etc...

9. lee_44106

lee_44106 Well-Known Member

why would you want your belt/shoes to not match? what is the aesthetic or functional benefit of an un-matched pair of belt/shoes?

and since you admitted to it being a rule, why does you pointing it out mean you are not a member of the circle jerking club? its okay to have your own quirks or break the rules to suit your taste - no wahala there ... but to brand people as being circle-jerkers because they dont agree with you is pretty silly.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I don't want my belt/shoes/leather accessories to match exactly in color and texture because to me that reeks of anal retentiveness. It's fundamentally the same argument for NOT matching the ties and pocketsquare.

Just to clarify, by not matching I DO NOT mean black belt/brown shoes...etc. I personally go for similar shades of color. I do try to vary the texture though (suede with non-suede, smooth leather with linen texture..etc)

The "circle-jerk" comment refers to the automatic pile-on of compliments and the INTOLERANCE of any criticism. [​IMG]

The general lack of any dissenting opinions makes WAYWRN quite boring recently.

10. edmorel

edmorel Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

nice colors but (only doing this to appease Lee's "no critical comments" in WAYWN poasts) the shirt collar is pretty bad, looks bad and cheap. I would suggest at least MTM shirts from one of the forum favorties and a bit more spread and the points a bit longer. The tie knot is affected by the bad shirt collar and the blue square/blue silk knot are too much blue on the navy jacket.

11. srivats

srivats Well-Known Member

I don't want my belt/shoes/leather accessories to match exactly in color and texture because to me that reeks of anal retentiveness. It's fundamentally the same argument for NOT matching the ties and pocketsquare.

Just to clarify, by not matching I DO NOT mean black belt/brown shoes...etc. I personally go for similar shades of color. I do try to vary the texture though (suede with non-suede, smooth leather with linen texture..etc)

The "circle-jerk" comment refers to the automatic pile-on of compliments and the INTOLERANCE of any criticism. [​IMG]

The general lack of any dissenting opinions makes WAYWRN quite boring recently.

What makes you think shoes/belts/bag are the same color? They are of similar shade ('london tan' I think), but not the exact same color.

12. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

Mr Moo, I like that ensemble. Cool shirt-jack.

Parker, this is great, especially the sport coat. I'm guessing Isaia or Etro, but would you let us know the details?

Thanks dude. It's from Chan, made up from some vintage cloth that yfyf discovered and offered to the forum. It's got an Etro quality to it. Oddball color combo, but I like it.

13. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Well-Known Member

Thanks for the kind words for yesterday's fit. Here's today's... Woolrich shirt jacket JCrew button-down shirt GAP selvedge jeans RL cordovan boots
    - really liking your pics of late My pics with out a need to RE-QUOTE = ToiletDuck & Parker - REALLY SICK OF FULL RE-QUOTES..

14. srivats

srivats Well-Known Member

Mr Moo, I like that ensemble. Cool shirt-jack.

+1 .. Moo, can you please share where you got the jacket from?

15. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Well-Known Member

Sheesh - RAIN.. 2 days of HEAT & HUMIDITY.. HOME TIME.. [​IMG]

16. oldog/oldtrix

oldog/oldtrix Well-Known Member

I don't want my belt/shoes/leather accessories to match exactly in color and texture because to me that reeks of anal retentiveness.

Well said. Just this week alone:

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

And this just tears it:

[​IMG][​IMG]

17. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Love the lean look here.

Woolrich shirt jacket

Cool jacket.

You're bringing some nice looks to the thread recently.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...nSINDay2-4.jpg

I almost wish you were wearing an olive tie, so you'd blend perfectly into the decor. [​IMG]

First time wearing this new belt, I think. Not my usual thing, but I think it's OK. Thoughts on whether I'm fooling myself would be appreciated. [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. OffTheRack

OffTheRack Well-Known Member

19. TheDarkKnight

TheDarkKnight Well-Known Member

My first pair of Loakes. Black calf as they are for an interview + formal first appointments.

Many shades of brown to be bought in due course..

[​IMG]

20. 0b5cur1ty

0b5cur1ty Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Really love the jacket - looks great and fits perfectly.

BOO!!
    Welcome back. I think you already got the message that you were missed. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This jacket is great too - but as a whole this fit is a (rare) fail. Too atonal, particularly up top and the tie stripes jar with the trouser pattern. Just my 2 eurocents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.