1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony Well-Known Member

IST66 - curious about the watch in the pic where you are smoking a cigar. Can't see the face but the strap and case size seems perfect.

2. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I can see the gloves and glasses are universally despised!

The shoes are #8 cordovan, not black.

Putting in another vote for you to return those sunglasses to your wife and buy a pair that actually fits your face. If there are enough "no" votes on the glasses will you finally let them go?

3. IST66

IST66 Well-Known Member

IST66 - curious about the watch in the pic where you are smoking a cigar. Can't see the face but the strap and case size seems perfect.
    Thanks! Watch is PANERAI[​IMG]

Very nice!
    Cheers!

Beautiful coat! Do you mind if I ask you camera settings?

Thanks! "Pin Hole" + Lumix G 1:1,7/20

Nice one.
    Thank you![​IMG]

Wonderful pics comrade. Particularly like the fabric on this s/c. [​IMG]
    Thank you so much, [​IMG]

@IST: That sport coat everyone's been quoting is every bit as good as they say it is. Is it an Etro piece?

Yes, SC is Etro. Thanks!

Looking sharp IST!
    Cheers![​IMG]
    I prefer this sans bow tie. +1 on Vienna, it's gorgeous.
    Yes, Vienna - [​IMG]

Fantastic style, IST - what a life!

Thank you!!![​IMG]

4. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Well-Known Member

LP overcoat
    BR scarf
    Saks gloves
    Brioni sweater
    Kiton pant
    Prada belt
    Zegna socks
    DE boots
    Gucci cologne
    Patek watch

5. artoftime

artoftime Well-Known Member

Slogging away in the [​IMG] N.E. slush - thoughts of St. Barth nearly constant now. Sat casual getup [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. niidawg3

niidawg3 Well-Known Member

7. mossrockss

mossrockss Well-Known Member

- I think we suffer from the MEATY thighs syndrome. May I suggest a longer jacket to compensate & not so low waisted jeans
    - same as the last point for gnatty8 - the combination of what you have gives you a turkey triangle (the space between the top of your pant & the buttoning point of your coat

Thanks, PG. As my income level rises, I'm slowly being able to invest some money in better-quality things that a, fit better to start, and b, i don't mind sinking money into with tailoring. Right now I'm in a transitory period.

And agreed; higher-waisted jeans look better on me.

Stay cool.

8. barims

barims Well-Known Member

^ Adabraka - nice Foo, I think that's your ideal silhouette. The gloves are fine in principle, but the leather appears a little brash; wool or cashmere strike me as more harmonious. I'm curious as to whether your eyeframes were produced using the original Ultra Goliath mold, since yours always appear relatively more understated, if that's even possible, than on other wearers (cranium size may play a part, I know) I expect you could utilise them in conservative ensembles the way the likes of Lew Wasserman brought a quirky touch to sober elegance with their eyeframes and sunglasses

9. mafoofan

mafoofan Well-Known Member

Foo, I think that's your ideal silhouette.

Interesting--does it look different from before?

10. KenRose

KenRose Well-Known Member

I actually think the shades look great. Sometimes I think (my opinion matters little, cause all you guys are way better dressed than me) that Foo is a little too "classical" for my tastes but with what he's wearing I think the sunglasses kinda give a "fuck you" attitude, like having a antique chair in a modern room. I really like this look.
    Those shades *really* make you look like Kim Jong-Il. I would go with smaller, perhaps tortoise-shell ones.

11. KenRose

12. KenRose

Dude, you look awesome
    Epiphany pants:
    [​IMG]

13. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

Thanks man...but you're prob in the minority here on that look...well, at least two people liked it! LOL Today I had a wonderful day with my family... [​IMG] and thankfully didn't need the inhaler.

14. gnatty8

gnatty8 Well-Known Member

- you know I like your style - there always is a certain Southern Rocker (as in biker) feel, but:
    - Jacket cloth is great, maybe PoV but looks short & button stance looks high
    - trou rise could be higher
    - the combination of what you have gives you a turkey triangle (the space between the top of your pant & the buttoning point of your coat

lol, I hadn't heard the term turkey triangle before.. [​IMG]

15. teddieriley

teddieriley Well-Known Member

This looks good to me except I would:

1.Pair the jacket with your lighter flannel pants you have on the way.
    2.Swap the gloves for maybe normal ones in navy cashmere.
    3. Change the pocket square for one with some blue and white mixed pattern.
    4. Possibly the glasses could be a little more unobtrusive. Persol tortoiseshell?

The jacket is very elegant and I certainly wouldn't be wearing tan or lighter brown shoes. Black is fine, maybe very dark brown.

Agreed with 1.

Gloves can be almost anything except what he has on. The pair looks appropriate for driving or lifting, and I don't think Foo does either. Even basic dark brown leather gloves would be nice.

There is something off about the shape of the frames and the thickness of the plastic in some parts - like he picked them up in the chick sunglass section and was told they were "unisex." I agree Persol would be more harmonious with the look.

16. barims

barims Well-Known Member

Ah, it could be a change in camera angle or the deviation from the "robot" posture, perhaps. Nevertheless, I can't fault any of the proportions or the overall balance of it, possibly excepting my curiosity about a slimmer shoe style. Well played

Incidentally, do you happen to know why Tweed... now redirects to an unrelated furniture blog with the same name in Blogger-hosted links lists?

17. DaBatMan

DaBatMan Well-Known Member

This looks good to me except I would:

1.Pair the jacket with your lighter flannel pants you have on the way.
    2.Swap the gloves for maybe normal ones in navy cashmere.
    3. Change the pocket square for one with some blue and white mixed pattern.
    4. Possibly the glasses could be a little more unobtrusive. Persol tortoiseshell?

The jacket is very elegant and I certainly wouldn't be wearing tan or lighter brown shoes. Black is fine, maybe very dark brown.

and 5.Possibly get a more streamline pair of shoes to go with this fit... or am I the only one that things thes look a little Frankensteinish?

18. barims

barims Well-Known Member

There is something off about the shape of the frames and the thickness of the plastic in some parts - like he picked them up in the chick sunglass section and was told they were "unisex." I agree Persol would be more harmonious with the look.

The funny thing, especially as it relates to M. Fan's dress sense, is that 34 years ago, when the Goliath was introduced, older men were habitually wearing similar eyeframes with their flannels and repps

19. teddieriley

teddieriley Well-Known Member

The funny thing, especially as it relates to M. Fan's dress sense, is that 34 years ago, when the Goliath was introduced, older men were habitually wearing similar eyeframes with their flannels and repps

We need a time machine to transport Foo back to the 70s. A one way ticket, preferably. [​IMG]

20. radicaldog

radicaldog Well-Known Member

Isn't it the exact same jacket with buttonholes added?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.