1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rgoldstein

rgoldstein Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Monday's ensemble. Rest of the week has been pretty casual.

2. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Well-Known Member

MK vest
    Kiton shirt
    CK cords
    BJ belt
    PS socks
    testoni monkstraps
    Creed cologne
    Patek watch

3. someotherstyle

someotherstyle Well-Known Member

4. PandArts

PandArts Well-Known Member

I didn't like the shirt and tie combo at first, but the more I looked at it, the more I liked it.

Cheers Lufty!

I like this look. I wish I could pull it off but I get hot way too easily and would be miserable wearing that many layers.

Thanks gort...alas I fear it's not warm enough for the weather we're having at the moment [​IMG]

[/url]

...too boring?

-MK

Boring is as boring does...regardless...I like it! Nice subtle pop of colour with the tie.

5. audiophilia

audiophilia Well-Known Member

a few nights ago...
    [​IMG]

You and the car look splendid.

6. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

Vote now in SW&D does MC thread if you haven't already: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?p=3832245

[​IMG]

Still in MC. Click small image below for closeup detail shots. Man, this was a new high water mark for imageshack downgrading the quality of pictures. There's gotta be a better way.

[​IMG]

7. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member

Will James give me a massage? [​IMG]

You ask him, not me! [​IMG]

a few nights ago...

I suspect this will get a lot of praise but I personally don't like it. Unbuttoned DBs rarely work in my eyes, and those formal velvet slippers without socks seems weird too. Also jacket and trousers don't seem to be part of a suit, but both are too similar in colour to provide contrast interest. I'm not even sure if it's a jacket or coat of some sort, to be honest. Most of the stuff you post is cool enough that I think you can take some negative feedback occasionally; hope you take it in the spirit intended.

PS. M3s have a shaky reputation here due to the people who tend to drive them (think sales reps and wide boys) but as cars in and of themselves they're very nice, so I'll give you a pass on that. [​IMG]

8. luftvier

luftvier Well-Known Member

Still in MC. Click small image below for closeup detail shots. Man, this was a new high water mark for imageshack downgrading the quality of pictures. There's gotta be a better way.
    Good to have you over here for a while. I like everything but the shirt - the scale of the check just doesn't complement the tie well. I also would have used a FIH knot rather than a [windsor?], but that's groupthink talking too. How tall are you, BTW? This suit makes you look over 6 feet and under 150 lbs.
    Today: Washed out photos. [​IMG] Wearing back-up glasses. This is the shortest coat I own right now, but I think it's still passable. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. gnatty8

gnatty8 Well-Known Member

PS. M3s have a shaky reputation here due to the people who tend to drive them (think sales reps and wide boys) but as cars in and of themselves they're very nice, so I'll give you a pass on that. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. PandArts

PandArts Well-Known Member

I'd hate to hear your take on C-RVs [​IMG]

11. incontro

incontro Well-Known Member

I suspect this will get a lot of praise but I personally don't like it. Unbuttoned DBs rarely work in my eyes, and those formal velvet slippers without socks seems weird too. Also jacket and trousers don't seem to be part of a suit, but both are too similar in colour to provide contrast interest. I'm not even sure if it's a jacket or coat of some sort, to be honest. Most of the stuff you post is cool enough that I think you can take some negative feedback occasionally; hope you take it in the spirit intended.

- Appreciate your comments and I see where you are coming from.

- The outfit was for a casual dinner function and the DB was black cashmere hence IRL the difference in texture was quite obvious to my eye.

- As for the unbottoned style, the jacket closes up when I stand normal however nowadays I prefer to only button the inside button and leave the jacket unbottoned for a more relaxed look.

- As for the M3, I drive it for the performanace and agree that it's reputation/conception perhaps is not congruent with 'classic style' or 'gentlemanly'

* We need more constructive + thoughful criticism!

12. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

Good to have you over here for a while.

I like everything but the shirt - the scale of the check just doesn't complement the tie well. I also would have used a FIH knot rather than a [windsor?], but that's groupthink talking too.

How tall are you, BTW? This suit makes you look over 6 feet and under 150 lbs.

I am just under 6'3 and about 170 give or take. I don't know exactly right now because my scale is electronic and the cold weather is making it difficult to trust.

I actually would have ditched the tie rather than the shirt in retrospect. Blue, midnight blue, charcoal all would've done me better, or even the one I wore for the fit contest actually. Knot is a Pratt knot which is basically the only thing I tie for work. All my ties are 2.75"ish width and I don't like the asymmetrical aspect of the FIH unless the fit is pretty casual (and if I'm dressed casually I'm 95% sure not wearing a tie).

13. incontro

Today in brief...

[​IMG]

The weather is gettting much warmer here in OZ but we keep doing what we gotta do...

14. incontro

I currently have a 12" drop (44" chest, 32" waist) and having just taken some overdue WAYWRN pics, it looks pretty ridiculous.

Interesting to see the robot pose from Incontro; I know he used (?) to lift weights, but great tailoring de-emphasises his physique, which is great in my opinion - although I'm sure there are plenty who have the opposite view.

Now excuse me, I have to hit the cardio hard [​IMG]

- It seems you are a perfect candidate for bespoke tailoring! and you are right, we usually leave some room in the waist area/create drape around it to 'de-emphasise' the 'drop'( I am only a drop 9/10).

15. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Well-Known Member

...too boring?

-MK

It's OK to be boring once in a while. I wouldn't sweat it. The fit, tho, is spot on.

I'm now using Picasa, you should try it.

Re: your fit, I'd have chosen a shirt with a smaller collar, in line with the overall slimness of the outfit.

Diggin the jacket muchly.

I like teh saddlz.

This is really cool. I'm a big fan of the DB, and the lapels here are a little wider than normal, which I think adds a bit of personal style. Shirt collar = awesome.

16. incontro

[​IMG][​IMG]

- TC, you have lost some weight man and it looks good, congrats!

- Did you have to get a new wardrobe? [​IMG]

17. incontro

18. incontro

Yesterday and Today

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

- I see lots of PG's elements here

- I thinke the clothes fit good on you!

19. theantiquematinee

theantiquematinee Well-Known Member

Today in brief...

[​IMG]

The weather is gettting much warmer here in OZ but we keep doing what we gotta do...

Breathtaking.[​IMG] [​IMG]

20. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

Nice to see you and your spread collars again, incontro. I like the whole "soft but strong" vibe.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.