1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MBreinin

MBreinin Well-Known Member

This suit is dope. Really.
    As far as Nii's comments: I think this suit's sleeves are trimmer, and the shoulders are a lil' more snug on the shoulders. I've had most of mine taken in - I did it once about 4 years ago, and it got addicting. Same with slimming my shirts. I can hardly pay rent anymore [​IMG]

I do realize that I have many suits that are a bit big in the shoulders. It is rare for me to find a suit that fits correctly in the chest, and the shoulders at the same time. I have been giving serious thought to picking out what suits I feel like having shoulder reductions done to. I also find it interesting that both of Nii's faves, my FSC and this Sammy, were both MTM suits.

I am already spending hundreds a month to work on new acquisitions. It is getting out of hand. [​IMG] This one only required a little work on the pants.

Mike

2. luftvier

luftvier Well-Known Member

+1000. That is totally me. Now, how much of your monthly budget goes to tailoring? [​IMG] I prolly spend 2-5 times the cost of the suit for alterations.

Hah. It all depends. I seem to have some pretty average measurements for a 38r, so a lot of stuff fits me off the (thrift) rack. And many times, the previous owner already put some money into tailoring the body. Though recently, I have spend some money on taking in flared trou or tweaking a jacket's sleeves.

Best recent example- got a 60s sack jacket, 100% cashmere, in a great 60s FU pattern, for $7.00. I then spend $70 on tailoring to get the sleeves and body right. But $77.00 for a perfectly fitting cashmere jacket is worth it to me.

3. PandArts

PandArts Well-Known Member

PandArts: Your tie is Out of This World, I'd love to have it. Maybe Someday...

Don't Lament, I know it's Torture, but perhaps in One Hundred Years you'll Catch the Object that you Want...but I'm glad to see that you Speak My Language...

4. Jawbreak

Jawbreak Well-Known Member

Autumn colors for Thursday

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. dmac

dmac Well-Known Member

Thursday, still swamped.

Samuelsohn flannel chalkstripe suit, Polo Regent shirt, vintage Elliot Gant tie, Cole-Hahn collections shoes.

Have a good one,

Mike

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mike that is a beautiful suit.

6. bleachboy

bleachboy Well-Known Member

Bleach Love that tie!

Thanks! Somebody mentioned the burgundy I was wearing the other day, too. This is a brand new model (apparently) from Brooks Brothers, and they are really super nice tight knit wool. They have it in 11 colors. Link

Congratulations, you have been assimilated. Personally, I would have gone with a blue oxford. However, this is all SF approved....as a matter of fact, this may be the tweed uniform. Your improvement has been vast, and quick.

Thank you, sir!

BB - you are a fast learner, which is good. Unfortunately, some things will still fit poorly, and will need either steady slow replacement, or major alterations by a tailor. the jacket and pants in your fit today are examples of that. you got the colors right, but the fit needs work.

I know. Based on comments received a few days ago, I have gotten myself a YMCA membership and the plan is to work out all winter until my body looks good, then worry about going crazy with the alterations and/or replacements. Until then I have declared a moratorium on all new clothes. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Woo hoo!

7. identity-x

identity-x Well-Known Member

Sticking to the easy options today:

[​IMG]

Robert Talbott tie??

8. ndw

ndw Well-Known Member

Small nitpick: sleeves are a bit long. All in all, though, your choices are great - would love to raid your closet [​IMG]

Thanks, UC. Sleeves do appear a touch long. I do prefer my coat sleeves slightly longer than most on here, though, and generally go with a slightly longer shirt sleeve to accomodate. Today my shirt sleeves keep riding up no matter what I do. I find this is a common problem on many of my coats (shirts get stuck on the lining or something?) for which I have no solution except to accept it.

9. ndw

ndw Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I will echo the praise for this suit. I think it's the way it fits in the shoulders and chest which really work for you. The coat collar really hugs your neck nicely too. Without peak lapels I think it'd be damn near perfect, but that's just my personal preference.

10. MBreinin

Thank you!

I will echo the praise for this suit. I think it's the way it fits in the shoulders and chest which really work for you. The coat collar really hugs your neck nicely too. Without peak lapels I think it'd be damn near perfect, but that's just my personal preference.

The peak lapels were the reason I got it! [​IMG]

Thanks for the kinds words!

Mike

11. 0b5cur1ty

0b5cur1ty Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Despite the closeness of the tie and PS colours, this is just right IMO. Very nice.

12. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Well-Known Member

Spoo, Mbreinen did a nice job today. oldogs color combos are always nice. Today, I am an urban cowboy. [​IMG]

13. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Well-Known Member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    [​IMG]
    Hmph. Needs more patterns. [​IMG]

Congratulations, you have been assimilated.
    He's not assimilated until he complains of feeling naked without a pocket square. Come on, Mike; you know the rules.

Based on comments received a few days ago, I have gotten myself a YMCA membership and the plan is to work out all winter until my body looks good, then worry about going crazy with the alterations and/or replacements. Until then I have declared a moratorium on all new clothes. [​IMG]
    It's inspiring to see a man launch himself into a plan for self improvement. Kudos, bb.

14. MBreinin

Spoo, Mbreinen did a nice job today. oldogs color combos are always nice.

Today, I am an urban cowboy.

[​IMG]

I like the fit on these pants much better than many of yours, Moo. You really have slimmed down.

Kudos to you!

Mike

15. MBreinin

He's not assimilated until he complains of feeling naked without a pocket square. Come on, Mike; you know the rules.

LOL. I resemble that statement. I almost stuck a white TV fold in the pocket of an OCBD the other day...worn without a SC. [​IMG]

Mike

16. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

17. MBreinin

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Very nice, Rob. A razor would do wonders though......[​IMG]

18. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Well-Known Member

+1

19. acecow

acecow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lovely, NYR.

20. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

Very nice, Rob. A razor would do wonders though......[​IMG]

LOL, Jeez, imagine if I held out for my raise from LAST YEAR! I'd look like Rip Van Ranger!

Lovely, NYR.

Thanks Ace!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.