1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Well-Known Member

MMKN, hope you will post more photos of the suit after pressing; hard to get an idea on the shape of the suit with your arm positions. Is the Alexander Kabbaz shirt a button down collar? can't quite make it out in the pic.

I am still waiting for the "It looks OTR" comments . . . [​IMG]

Yes, thus I still make three trips a year to NYC to visit Mr. Green.

- M

PS, was too excited to press it for presentation.

2. PandArts

PandArts Well-Known Member

Lufty I've really been enjoying your fits of late! And diggin' on those paisleys!!!

3. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Well-Known Member

I am thinking about starting a thread (pinned, natch) in which people can direct me to particular MC problems so that I can speak truth to both power and plebs. It will be sort of a bat phone, but more of a matt phone.
    Perhaps you can be signaled by rocketing a tournÃ[​IMG]e cut carrot over the Bay. A flaming tuber over Alcatraz can be your ticket to dismiss guests and get to the more entertaining task of wounding the weak. Maybe flaming tuber was a poor image for a San Franciscan, but you get the idea. How do you plan on using whnay.? - B

4. bleachboy

bleachboy Well-Known Member

Perhaps you can be signaled by rocketing a tournÃ[​IMG]e cut carrot over the Bay. A flaming tuber over Alcatraz can be your ticket to dismiss guests and get to the more entertaining task of wounding the weak.

Maybe flaming tuber was a poor image for a San Franciscan, but you get the idea.

How do you plan on using whnay.?

[​IMG]

5. luftvier

luftvier Well-Known Member

Backlash hit a few years ago after it enjoyed a temporary place on the top of the SF hype cycle.
    ...does this make it backlash to the backlash, then?
    Lufty I've really been enjoying your fits of late! And diggin' on those paisleys!!!
    Thank you sir. It's good to see you put down the bottle long enough to take some snaps, you wino. [​IMG]
    Sometimes its about having fun. Wasnt trying to be "douchey" , so I will roll with my look for today. I wasnt going for overkill. For me everyday is not about wearing what is "classic" or expected, however; always taking some of classic style into account.
    Go with it. I looked good.
    This.
    Do your thing young homie. Every day there are thousands of joes walking around feeling comfortable in their gray pants and light blue shirts. They either lack imagination, style, balls or a combo of the three. Splash out, son. They will hate you for it and it's all the more reason to press on.
    And this is why SF is interesting. For every stodgy old man like myself, there's a youthful backlash with a contrary opinion. [​IMG]

6. spoozy

spoozy Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    This one is a winner, bleach boy. Really nice stuff and i dare say: a lot of improvement to be noticed lately!
    College Prep Today [​IMG]
    Althoug the said tweed sc would have brought it to the next level, i still like it.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

IST, you´re the master of casual elegance. Please keep it that way, your posts are going in my "Wanna look like" section.
    Throwback Wednesday ... Digging deeper into the closet: [​IMG] ... Officeshot: [​IMG]

Dawg, is this by any chance a vintage DAKS jacket? The leather laple hole and the check reminds me of a Daks sc i saw on ebay...
    Cheers... No massive clams today. ... [​IMG] ...
    Apart from the tie, i like it. The fit is great, as always. My entry for "Learning from great masters" and to see if i can get any comments on this one (may it be love or hate): [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. PandArts

PandArts Well-Known Member

Thank you sir. It's good to see you put down the bottle long enough to take some snaps, you wino. [​IMG]

LOL It wasn't as easy to do so as you might think [​IMG]
    Especially since I'm confident that it was this place that caused me to hit the bottle again!!!

[​IMG]

8. luftvier

My entry for "Learning from great masters": [​IMG]
    I like this, Spoozy. Bold, yet not overboard.

9. luftvier

LOL It wasn't as easy to do so as you might think [​IMG]
    Especially since I'm confident that it was this place that caused me to hit the bottle again!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. ndw

ndw Well-Known Member

11. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Well-Known Member

Perhaps you can be signaled by rocketing a tournÃ[​IMG]e cut carrot over the Bay. A flaming tuber over Alcatraz can be your ticket to dismiss guests and get to the more entertaining task of wounding the weak. Maybe flaming tuber was a poor image for a San Franciscan, but you get the idea. How do you plan on using whnay.? - B
    I'm thinking of roasting him. What do you think?

12. itsstillmatt

A couple looks from this week. Some nice looks have been posted in the past few days- hard to keep up. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    OK, so here is a little help. Your suits and ties are great. Your shirts suck.

13. JPHardy

JPHardy Well-Known Member

I am thinking about starting a thread (pinned, natch) in which people can direct me to particular MC problems so that I can speak truth to both power and plebs. It will be sort of a bat phone, but more of a matt phone.
    Sciamat Super Hero Suit On Left [​IMG]

14. acecow

acecow Well-Known Member

I like the first shirt a lot!

OK, so here is a little help. Your suits and ties are great. Your shirts suck.

15. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of roasting him. What do you think?
    Please brine him first, and blanche a bit before popping him in. He looks stringy. Then stuff him with lemons and lay him on a bed of onions. - B

16. luftvier

[​IMG]

17. itsstillmatt

I like the first shirt a lot!
    Not with the tie.

18. jsqfunk

jsqfunk Well-Known Member

more pics and details regarding the shirt please... rare to see an actual AK

Fresh out of the box, test driving this thing of beauty . . .

[​IMG]

Suit - Jon Green
    Shirt - Alexander Kabbaz
    Tie - Jon Green
    Square - Tom Ford
    Shoes - Giorgio Armani

- M

19. acecow

acecow Well-Known Member

Not with the tie.

I don't like the patterns clashing, but I dig the colors and textures.

20. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Well-Known Member

Not with the tie.
    No snark intended, but: please explain this one. [​IMG] My (admittedly untrained) eye sees a fairly good combination without being too matchy, and the patterns are not too close together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.