• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are these Purple Label or regular Polo?

Apollotrader

Reaction score
Some would call them Purple label. They are simply Ralph Lauren, but they are indeed the good ****, and are certainly not Polo. I have a pair, they are fantastic.

Last edited:

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some would call them Purple label. They are simply Ralph Lauren, but they are indeed the good ****, and are certainly not Polo. I have a pair, they are fantastic.
Excellent. Thank you, sir. Aby idea who the maker is? Sassetti?

Apollotrader

Reaction score
I do not know the maker on these. The high end UK made shoes are C&J or Edward Greene, I just don't know the Italy producers.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone know if this is one of the "kiton" oxxford shirts? If not, do they make their own, or does someone else make for them?

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone know if this is one of the "kiton" oxxford shirts? If not, do they make their own, or does someone else make for them?

Apollotrader

Reaction score
Very good point, and I believe you may be correct. I probably took a little license there, and put a little of my bias into the post. If we are discussing it, for the purpose of sorting the entire RL Collection for both quality, and style, then I have always leaned towards the UK and Italian lines.

Last edited:

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone ID this for me because by looking through this thread, there doesn't seem to be a clear consensus on who Grilux SPA is and who makes the jacket. That is the only label the jacket has. And is this a new Luciano Barbera Collezione Sartoriale Jacket or an Older one (it seems fairly new)? Because I've seen the patch both above and below the inner pocket? Thanks so much in advance

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Both of these are from Polo Ralph Lauren Made in England shoes. I thought they were both C&J but nail patterns off different. Any help would be great. Thanks! #1 #2
Do you have interior label photos? They are likely C&J or Alfred Sargent but hard to tell from heels alone. Here's a primer I put together for the thrift threadon English shoe interior labels with a focus on those made for RL (Sargent or C&J). I should expand to add some other big makers including Cheaney, Church's, etc. that people run into a lot. Mainline older Alfred Sargent:
And another example of AS for Polo (which also can pop on Made in England JCrew shoes as well):
It's easy to confuse AS with older Crockett and Jones though:
And just for completeness, here's two examles of newer Alfred Sargent (I believe the topmost is either newer or nicer):
and newer C&J:

Last edited:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Got these on resale. Curious if anyone can ID? Says made in USA so I'm thinking Alden, Florsheim or Nettleton?

My guess is Alden for Brooks Brother?? Alden usually has a 2 size width B/D but the ones they make for Brooks Brothers usually only have a single size like here "C"

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads