1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Hip-Hop Jams You're Feeling Right Now

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by StockwellDay, Aug 5, 2008.

1. StockwellDay

StockwellDay Well-Known Member

Hopefully this will be a running list of new bangers and classic jams.

I'll start us off with some newer stuff...

Young Weezy - I Put On (Remix) ft. Jay-Z
    A Milli Freestyle - Ne-Yo

Older...

Jay-Z - Can I Live (never gets old)

2. xchen

xchen Well-Known Member

3. Southern-Nupe

Southern-Nupe Well-Known Member

Hopefully this will be a running list of new bangers and classic jams.

I'll start us off with some newer stuff...

Young Weezy - I Put On (Remix) ft. Jay-Z
    A Milli Freestyle - Ne-Yo

Older...

Jay-Z - Can I Live (never gets old)

"I put on " is one of my tracks.

Have you heard Fabs and Jadakiss's version of "A Milli"....it's a pretty hot mix-tape track?

I don't know why, but I'm realing feeling Snoop Doggs "Life of Da Party", and the Games "Game's Pain" (reminds of hip-hop from the 90').

4. Tourangh

Tourangh Well-Known Member

I really like the kanye verse in "I put on". I think it makes the song so much better or maybe I am just too much of a kanye fanboy.

5. Southern-Nupe

I really like the kanye verse in "I put on". I think it makes the song so much better or maybe I am just too much of a kanye fanboy.
    You're right, cause Jeezy's part is nothing to brag about, but atleast it serves as a good prelude to Kanye's verses.

6. StockwellDay

You're right, cause Jeezy's part is nothing to brag about, but atleast it serves as a good prelude to Kanye's verses.

I got tickets to see Jeezy in NYC on August 23. I'm hoping for some special unannounced guests.

7. Southern-Nupe

I got tickets to see Jeezy in NYC on August 23. I'm hoping for some special unannounced guests.
    Did you buy them, or were they a gift, because he desperately needs unannounced guests at his shows.

8. edmorel

edmorel Well-Known Member

www.myspace.com/millionaires

yeah son, I'm hella white

We've seen your pics, Casper.

I do not like Kanye, but I will admit that for the most part, he makes the remixes that he is on better. Unlike Jay Z, who pretty much ruins any remix he goes on, and has been ruining for about 2 years now.

The guests will probably be his USDA croonies. I like rap but will say that most live rap shows suck, few guys take the time and effort to put on a good live show. Keep in mind that last live show I saw was Wyclef (with the Fugees, post break up) at Hammerstein. Good show and they put money into it, although it was being filmed for MTV so that makes sense.

BTW, SGladwell your presence is requested in the "most hotheaded SF member " post and in any of the Obama posts in the CEsspool.

9. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Well-Known Member

10. Tourangh

Tourangh Well-Known Member

I do not like Kanye, but I will admit that for the most part, he makes the remixes that he is on better. Unlike Jay Z, who pretty much ruins any remix he goes on, and has been ruining for about 2 years now.

The guests will probably be his USDA croonies. I like rap but will say that most live rap shows suck, few guys take the time and effort to put on a good live show. Keep in mind that last live show I saw was Wyclef (with the Fugees, post break up) at Hammerstein. Good show and they put money into it, although it was being filmed for MTV so that makes sense.

BTW, SGladwell your presence is requested in the "most hotheaded SF member " post and in any of the Obama posts in the CEsspool.

Lucky you [​IMG] He is on my to see list even w/o the fugees.

11. gawkrodger

gawkrodger Well-Known Member

The new Immortal Technique LP. In a year of overwhelming stale hip-hop, this is a gust of fresh air

12. jpeirpont

jpeirpont Well-Known Member

Your wildin, Jay killed that Everyday I'm Hustling remix

13. Southern-Nupe

Your wildin, Jay killed that Everyday I'm Hustling remix
    Give up, we're never going to get Ed to respect Jay as an artist.

14. GoSurface

GoSurface Well-Known Member

A Milli by Lil Wayne.

It's the first rap song I've liked in a long time.

15. scnupe7

scnupe7 Well-Known Member

LL Cool J- Pink Cookies and You'll Rock

Main Source- Looking At The Front Door

Digable Planets- Pretty much every track on Reachin' (A New Refutation of Time and Space)

UMC's- One To Grow On

16. StockwellDay

Did you buy them, or were they a gift, because he desperately needs unannounced guests at his shows.

I purchased them. They were $30, so no biggie, but add on ticketmast fees ($10) and it was creeping up there.

This being NYC, I figure he'll have some. It's at the Blender Theater, which is not only a smallish venue, where I think hip-hop acts do their best, its also 2 blocks away from my apt.

Speaking of good hip hop shows, I saw Gang Starr in Madison, WI (I know, funny) at a very small venue called the Orpheum on State St. It was hands down the best hip hop concert I've ever been to.

17. edmorel

edmorel Well-Known Member

I purchased them. They were $30, so no biggie, but add on ticketmast fees ($10) and it was creeping up there.

This being NYC, I figure he'll have some. It's at the Blender Theater, which is not only a smallish venue, where I think hip-hop acts do their best, its also 2 blocks away from my apt.

Speaking of good hip hop shows, I saw Gang Starr in Madison, WI (I know, funny) at a very small venue called the Orpheum on State St. It was hands down the best hip hop concert I've ever been to.

Gang Starr is the shit. Guru is the shit. Premie is the shit. I still regularly listen to the Step in the Arena album of theirs. Guru does not get enough props for his lyrics and silky smooth flow. DJ Premier is kindof an unknown superproducer, a lot of people don't know all the popular stuff he has made.

18. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Well-Known Member

+1 on Gangstarr being awesome. I'm still kicking myself for missing Guru's solo tour when it rolled through Baltimore a couple months back.

19. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Well-Known Member

i dont listen to hip hop or rap that much,

but i still get all worked up and have to drop anything i am doing at the moment and start gyrating anytime i hear

Rob Base's It Takes Two

dang what a perennial hit. i never tire of that jam.

20. jpeirpont

jpeirpont Well-Known Member

I consider dancehall and rap the same music. So I'll add A Who Dem Pussy Deh by Cobra, Killa Talk by Bounty Killa, Play Ting Vybz Cartel, the whole Gangsta For Life album by Movado.