1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

High school = no style!

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ramizlol, Jan 15, 2013.

1. ramizlol

ramizlol Member

So in my high school everything is gay if only couple people wear it! PEACOATS gay, SCARVES gay, BLAZERS gay....... Okay the other day this was my outfit, white v neck,black blazer,dark gray scarf,dark blue jeans with black chucks. I thought it looked good but people said it was gay cause no one wears it like this... WAIT let me tell you what they wear, aeropostle,hollister,abercomie AND BAGGY ASS SHIT. I like my clothes ill keep wearing them and i dont care about their opinons! I just wanna know how is your high school? is it like this? like this dumb with no style and everyone wears same clothes?

2. Earnest Hemingway

Earnest Hemingway Well-Known Member

3. ramizlol

ramizlol Member

lmaoooooo im confused

4. Chris Benson

Chris Benson Well-Known Member

Not in high school haven't been for quite a few years, but your sense of style is beyond your years. High school kids will dress in whatever clothing the mall sells and is "popular" at that moment. Self style and real identity haven't developed yet. Do what you gotta do and be your own person.

5. someguy45

someguy45 New Member

The second you go to college that'll all change. Today I decided to wear a scarf and my new blazer for the first time on campus(it's in Texas so it rarely ever gets cold) and I ended up getting quite a few compliments.

6. jakeypotato

jakeypotato Well-Known Member

Only guys think its gay. Girls dig it if you're doing it right.

7. Potsnu

Potsnu Well-Known Member

You obviously care enough to make this post which is typical for you teenie boppers. What you wore is pretty boring too, you look like a mannequin straight outta H&M

8. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Well-Known Member

9. CentralParkMan

CentralParkMan Well-Known Member

Your peers don't neccessarily have no style, they just have a different style. People really should be more accepting of other peoples sense of style. Don't try to judge your peers too harshly and if they try to make fun of your sense of style let it go, it's not worth worrying about. You seem to have established a great sense of style, wear your outfits with confidence and people will respect you.

10. hugopoon

hugopoon Member

I think inter-group comparisons are pretty extreme at school, perhaps more so than in some jobs.

Quote: