1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

High Quality Bed Linen at a good price?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Holdfast, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Roy

Roy Well-Known Member

Any opinions on Mirabello sheets? How are they compared to Frette's?

Mirabello is excellent! They really can't be compared to Frette's higher lines, but the price quality/ratio is excellent. Personally I like their designs as well.

I am thinking of setting up an international webshop for luxury bed and bath products. I have a small chain of bedstores in the Netherlands in the absolute top of the market. We even offer MTM bedding products. Brands I carry are Mirabello, Signoria di Firenze, Christian Fischbacher, Slabbinck (this is every bit as good as Frette with the possibility of creating your own design!). Do you guys think there is any use in developing a website for this type of product?

2. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Well-Known Member

In my opinion the very best sheets ever made are Comphy Co brand. They are retailed by a company called RuVal. www.ruvalonline.com. They ship any where around the world. I fell in love with them at the spa at the four seasons and have slept on nothing else ever since. You can sometimes get them at the gift shop at the spa at the Ritz Carlton, the Four Seasons or the Wynn hotels in Vegas, but you will pay much higher prices than getting them online at RuVal.

Pretty reasonable prices.

3. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

Check Garnet Hill.

4. username79

username79 Well-Known Member

Tuesday Morning

500/600tc Sferra hotel collection $99/$149, solid white.

5. Roy

Roy Well-Known Member

I started preparations for my online linenshop. Would anybody be interested in an application that allows you choose from 300TC/600TC , 11 base colors, 36 patterns, en 36 colors to create the patterns. You could even use your own texts:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In this one you could have your own initials in sort of an abstract way, the example spells SH
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. linengurl

linengurl New Member

also check out St. Geneve company selling through smaller stores that I've found, amazing bed linens and down duvets, expensive but worth it and on a par with sferra etc. But Italian linens made in Canada.

7. Pezzaturra

Pezzaturra Well-Known Member

I started preparations for my online linenshop. Would anybody be interested in an application that allows you choose from 300TC/600TC , 11 base colors, 36 patterns, en 36 colors to create the patterns. You could even use your own texts:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In this one you could have your own initials in sort of an abstract way, the example spells SH
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks very good.

8. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Well-Known Member

FWIW, C21 has a few sets of deadstock Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams 600tc sheets in queen and king size (Chinese made) at super discount. MSRP >600 ---> $55-60 after tax.

9. rumsiskes

rumsiskes New Member

10. Maryme

Maryme New Member

The choice of bedding should always be approached carefully and thoroughly. After all, we sleep a third of life: D. For me it is always very difficult to find a suitable bedding. Linen that you can afford - isn't of high quality, and when quality is better - prise is too expensive. Where to you find a happy medium?
    I want to find something on jasminsilk, hope that the quality of clothes won't disappoint, the price seems to be acceptable. Did anyone buy HERE linen and can advise me?

11. brescd01

brescd01 Well-Known Member

I just bought linens for two beds and two baths in my new apartment, totalling $4000 (everything included sheets, comforters, pillow cases, 4 types of towels x 6 sets, and custom cut bath mats) from Busatti. Getting them was challenging. I liked the product. I think the bath towels are the nicest I have owned or used. The sheets are the nicest I have owned but I am not sure my taste or experience is that refined. But I am convinced that toweling aside, having linens custom made from fabric you source either cotton or linen, is the way to go. You can specify everything, fabric, how elaborate the stitching, etc. In Philadelphia my designer has a seamstress he uses but I think most designers do. She made my curtains.

In general the practice of shopping for prestige brands is a defective one, because no matter how wonderful the brand it is too tempting for it to create lower end products that have greater value due to the brand. To find everything you need matching at reasonable price seems very difficult, especially if you have a need for everything at once as I did. The web site and book "Remodelista" lists sources for linen from which sheets can be made. If I had it to do over I would have gotten the best material I could afford and perhaps gone to Frette or Pourthault in NYC to see what sorts of finishing the best linens have, and specified that to a seamstress.

12. LinenStudioRG

LinenStudioRG New Member

Hello there! We are passionate about all natural linen flax from Europe. We custom make pure linen bedding, window treatments, linen towels, tablecloths, pillows, other home accessories and more...We source linen from Belgium and handcraft everything in NJ. Please visit us here:https://www.etsy.com/shop/LinenStudioRG?ref=hdr_shop_menu

13. Steve L Myers

Steve L Myers New Member

My favorite site to get quality bedding, cookware, High quality towels is www.morethanjustbedding.com they carry everything and I love the prices.

14. Silk Elle

Silk Elle New Member

Comfort always comes first when choosing bed linen. High quality bed linen may bring you an excellent sleeping experience. ElleSilk's bed linen is made of 100% Mulberry silk. Here's the link: http://www.ellesilk.com

15. diliang

diliang Member

duvet: brinkhaus / billerbeck / sanders / muehldorfer / hanskruchen / dauny / dorbena / kauffmann / ringsted-dun / quilts of denmark /