1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Herring Shoes - Experiences?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by the_sartorialist, May 5, 2010.

1. g-banger

g-banger Well-Known Member

Yep!!!!

I should have ordered set of extra shoe trees.

Cheers

2. g-banger

g-banger Well-Known Member

Hey,

Just received the shoes from herring (super quick delivery took 3 days to Sydney) - being my first pair of goodyear welt shoes i'm extremely happy with my purchase and they are very comfortable and are exactly what I wanted. They even included a Shoe Horn/Shoe Polish for no charge and my Ask Andy oak Shoe trees.

here are some quick pictures i took at work:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers

P.s you will be happy to know i'm not going to topy my soles :)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  3. meister

meister Well-Known Member

Bad mistake mate...

4. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Well-Known Member

it most certainly is not, mate

5. fxh

fxh Well-Known Member

agreed - you need to Topy the soles.

6. mustardontoast

mustardontoast Active Member

Just bought a pair of Loakes from the 1880 line and for some reason the 10% off code from June '11 worked. Just a heads up.

7. Rankiz

Rankiz Well-Known Member

I just love my 3-4 pair of Herring shoes, good quality.

8. Schweino

Schweino Well-Known Member

Woah, their prices went up by more than 10%.... Pricey website redesign that was.

9. TOBestWR

TOBestWR Active Member

I'm looking for a nice pair a shoes and I found the Herring Hampstead (http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/product-info.php?&brandid=6&shoeid=453). I really like the design and it's in my price range. I was just wondering if the quality of these would be better then Allen Edmonds Strand. I was wondering which one would you choose and why? I live in Canada so they will be both around the same price for me.

10. streetminimal

streetminimal Well-Known Member

They're quick to reply to enquiries about shoes but anything relating to post-order, they never do or take their time.

11. deingesicht

deingesicht Well-Known Member

^^ They are out there to make money, thus emails from new customers would be first on the list - wouldn't you do the same?

I just ordered the Knightsbridge in black calf and they are very nice for the price. The service was fantastic! I sent Steve about six or so emails about the shoes pre-purchase and he answered very quickly. Additionally, I bought the shoes on the Monday and they were delivered to my house (Australia) by the Friday....

I will be definitely using his site again.

12. Northampton Novice

Northampton Novice Well-Known Member

Whilst I note that a few posters have experienced a somewhat deficient after sales service from Herring - I must say my own experience is quite the opposite.

I would recommend Herrings highly, if the shoes you buy from them ever develop a fault (yes, even quality footwear is not infallible) they bend over backwards to help you.

13. cbfn

cbfn Well-Known Member

I contacted them a week ago about discolouration from a pair Herring Coltham, how long does it usually take before they respond?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  14. bwp

bwp Well-Known Member

I'll add my 2 cents, I inquired about a return/exchange and never heard back. Response was prompt pre-order...In my case their strategy worked, I eventually gave up and decided to keep them. I do enjoy the shoes now, they just were not what I was expecting out of the box.

15. Northampton Novice

In my experience, which stretches to approx 6 years now, no longer than 24 hours.

Astonishing. The last pair of Herring shoes I got were the Desborough - there was a tonal variation I didn't find acceptable - they immediately arranged for another pair to be sent out & offered me £30 off.
    Bizarrely the new pair also had a tonal variation - seems the Desborough are prone to that given their burnishing.

16. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Well-Known Member

Do they mark down the value of the item?

17. hst

hst Well-Known Member

No. I recall they declare the full value.

18. Northampton Novice

I already had a large discount & with the £30 off I got the shoes at approx 40% off retail. The tonal variation was only noticeable close up & has lessened considerably with wear & care.

19. habanos

habanos Well-Known Member

I have not tried the Loakes but the Herring Spanish factory shoes are nice and I rank the quality above Allen Edmonds.

20. Rankiz

Rankiz Well-Known Member

Neither Herring (nor Pediwear) devaluate their packages.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012