• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BrooksLauren77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm broke ATM...
frown.gif

00Schneider

Reaction score
I ordered a pair of Stratford boots, this picture from another site convinced me:

Plus the "Bovey" weekender bag. In case anyone's interested in a review from a Herring leather bag.

Last edited:

Odradek

Reaction score

I ordered a pair of Stratford boots, this picture from another site convinced me: Plus the "Bovey" weekender bag. In case anyone's interested in a review from a Herring leather bag.
Congratulations. The Stratford boot has been on my wish list for a while. Sadly I too am broke, and have too many shoe purchases already this year.

3y3scream

Reaction score
hi everyone,

im looking to purchase the Herring Charles ii by AS.. but i dont have any experience with the sizing. I currently have a pair of loake strand in the capital last in UK6.5F.

Do i just go for the same size?

thanks!

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recently heard about Herring and have a fit question for you all.

I have normal width feet, but with very narrow heels and low-ish instep. Any recommendations for a last that would accommodate this?

I am thinking of getting one of the country grain boots in the 024 last, or one of the classic oxfords.

Thanks!

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on the sizing for loafers? I wear 8.5UK on Uetam last on Carmina and 9.5UK G&G KN14 last loafers.

00Schneider

Reaction score
I ordered a pair of Stratford boots, this picture from another site convinced me:

Plus the "Bovey" weekender bag. In case anyone's interested in a review from a Herring leather bag.

Just received the Stratford boots and the Bovey bag.

I can say that the boots on last 026 in size 8,5 are the same length as my Aldwych shoes on the capital last in size 7,5. So I would recommend sizing up one size. Great boots all around (made by Loake) and a timeless design.

I am really impressed by the Bovey bag as well. I got it with the 20% discount, but I have to say it is totally worth the full price. Great quality and feel, perfect size.

SpallaCamicia

Reaction score
Hi all just a quick one wondering if you know if the Herrings Sizes on shoes is the same or very similar to Crockett and Jones?

Ie if you wear a UK 7.5 Fitting E on CJ if that would correspond directly to Herrings in the same size and width?

Many thanks just thinking about making a purchase and wanted to see if the sizing would be similar.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hi all just a quick one wondering if you know if the Herrings Sizes on shoes is the same or very similar to Crockett and Jones?

Ie if you wear a UK 7.5 Fitting E on CJ if that would correspond directly to Herrings in the same size and width?

AFAIK Herring does not manufacture the UK-made shoes. These are made by Loake, Cheaney, Barker, etc. So you have to look at the last listed for the particular model you're interested in and figure out which maker it corresponds to. For example, 024 and 026 lasts are by Loake, 175 by Cheaney. Some of the less expensive models made outside the UK do not have a last listed; unfortunately I don't have any experience with those.

Last edited:

00Schneider

Reaction score
you can always write them and ask for the manufacturer of the shoes you are interested in. They usually tell you. Btw I have a pair of Tregony boots made in Spain by John Spencer according to Herring. They are fantastic and definitely compare to UK made. boots.

SpallaCamicia

Reaction score

AFAIK Herring does not manufacture the UK-made shoes. These are made by Loake, Cheaney, Barker, etc. So you have to look at the last listed for the particular model you're interested in and figure out which maker it corresponds to. For example, 024 and 026 lasts are by Loake, 175 by Cheaney. Some of the less expensive models made outside the UK do not have a last listed; unfortunately I don't have any experience with those.

Great many thanks for your responses. There's some good tips and will revert with how my purchase goes.

Cheers all. !

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
going back and forth between the Stratford and the Burgh!

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Herring Langdale, soaking wet (not my socks, though):

XctCGGO.jpg

After drying and polishing:

uvB1XKW.jpg

The colours are better in this pic:

4R5sZep.jpg

Last edited:

TheFluffer

Reaction score
With the current winter sale, i'm going to get my a gift for myself :)

Webbo

Reaction score

Herring Langdale, soaking wet (not my socks, though):

XctCGGO.jpg

After drying and polishing:

uvB1XKW.jpg

The colours are better in this pic:

4R5sZep.jpg

I have the same boot, I have to say I think they are superb. A great winter item.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads