1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Hermann Nitsch.

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by LabelKing, Jan 18, 2010.

1. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

One of my favorite artists who utilizes the tribal rites of blood to pursue an organically mythological sense of ceremony and pageantry that has a wry tinge of visceral eroticism. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Or maybe it was just a period orgy?

2. GQgeek

GQgeek Well-Known Member

I guess it's better than the guy that used his own cum in his works...

3. Jekyll

Jekyll Well-Known Member

I thought this was about a little hole for me to put my stuff in.[​IMG]

4. designprofessor

designprofessor Well-Known Member

i'll take Bacon, the painter that is....

5. RJman

RJman Well-Known Member

LK, are you a fan of Vito Acconchi?

6. LabelKing

LK, are you a fan of Vito Acconchi?
    I'm not familiar with him. What I like about Hermann Nitsch is the vaguely dispassionate and decadent way he conducts his public artistic enterprises. In some of the videos, you see him enthroned on a chair with assistants holding parasols over him as he gestures and gesticulates. Here's a randy website comparing "Two Austrian Artists". Our favorite dictator is one of them. http://www.skrewdriver.org/art.html

7. mordecai

mordecai Well-Known Member

8. mordecai

mordecai Well-Known Member

http://www.skrewdriver.org/art.html
    ummm...aren't you a mod or something? i'd love to post a response with my opinions on the Viennese Actionists and all that but your link is from a neo-Nazi web site.

9. LabelKing

ummm...aren't you a mod or something? i'd love to post a response with my opinions on the Viennese Actionists and all that but your link is from a neo-Nazi web site.
    I am not a moderator. I just thought that website was rather amusing in the way that those kinds of websites tend to be in their cringe-worthiness.