1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Help with STP Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jjgold, Apr 10, 2006.

1. jjgold

jjgold Well-Known Member

2. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Well-Known Member

Sutor Mantellassi:

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/3...s-For-Men.html

I am new here. I was wondering about these shoes. I really dig em. I am not sure I can wear with my suits. What do you experts know about em....handmade? Good deal? etc.

Thanks

I like Mantellassi, but I would not wear these with suits. They're bluchers, and they have Vibram soles. Just too casual.

Price isn't terrible, but I wouldn't say it's great, either.

3. Duveen

Duveen Well-Known Member

Definitely not suit shoes. I got a pair of similar-looking Pelusos at FB (from To Boot @ Bergdorf) for the express purpose of walking around Madrid and Paris in the rain.

With the slightly contrasting stitching and that Italian toe, I'd put those as a nicer casual shoe (could wear with slacks) but far from dressy...