1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Help with Ralph Lauren tag?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ryback, Oct 5, 2012.

1. NORE

NORE Well-Known Member

I began with:

Then when I had your attention I googled for pics of the shirts without the contrasting tape (which were from a different season) to build believability. I went even further by adding a link to a webstore that sells fakes but uses authentic pics (I would not advise you or anyone to purchase from them).:

Then I showed you a pic of the boys shirt without the tape and quickly went back into conversation so you wouldn't spend too much time looking at the pic, using your suspicions re the terms "Blue Label" and "Classics" and added a link to the official Polo site to the page with this seasons dual match shirts which don't feature contrasting hem tape:

Riding the wave of momentum offered by other members (it helped that we obviously love RL as per stuff we're selling) who realized what I was up to I went and did this:

I knew you were doing a search so I offered this:

After you stated that your night was ruined, remorsefully I posted this:

2. Ryback

Ryback Well-Known Member

Lol wtf???

You guys had me fooled good :) I was going to go all the way back to the city and return it tommorow, but I wasn't going to say anything about it being fake.

And NORE, I'm waiting for the in depth explanation lol

3. gooter

gooter Well-Known Member

thread of the week

4. Ryback

Ryback Well-Known Member

WOW! Mate that's genius!

I actually play a bit if pranks on friends and family.
    I don't mind a prank every now and then and I'm not going to say "you have a lot of free time" or anything like that, because I have went to lengths like these to pull off pranks.

But two more things.

Why don't the shirts on the RL websites have the "custom fit" tag under the "Ralph Lauren" tag on the back of the neck?
    And
    What season are the colored collar shirts? I want to check and see for myself. ;)

5. NORE

NORE Well-Known Member

My guess is they reused pics in this season's colors that do not have the custom fit label, but if you ordered the shirt it will have it. I believe the one you bought was from the S/S (Spring/Summer) line and the ones currently on the site are from the F/W line, bright colors in spring, darker colors in fall.

6. Ryback

Ryback Well-Known Member

Wow, you know your RL lol

I was going through a kaleidoscope of emotions through this thread. What really made me upset was the fact that,

my Saturday was ruined because I had to go to the city for the third time this week (first trip was to look around, second was to buy it and tommorow would have been third trip),

What excuse was I going to have to come up with for returning

What excuse was I going to come up with for removing the sticker on the price tag

I liked this style a lot and had trouble finding it and when you said it was fake, I had to start my search all over again.

Trying to figure out if the other RL stores in my state were "fakes" as well.

Phewww

7. rebel222

rebel222 Well-Known Member

This thread supports the commonly held belief:

[​IMG]

8. Ryback

Ryback Well-Known Member

Does anyone have pictures of legit RL polos with the colored tape? I can't seem to find them on google images.

Thanks

9. Journeyman

Journeyman Well-Known Member

Please don't worry about it. I'm certain that the shirt is genuine and, RL being a fashion company, they like changing things from season to season so as to create desire for the new season's products. Please just relax and enjoy wearing the shirt.

10. staxringold

staxringold Well-Known Member

This comment got me pretty good.

:rotflmao:

1 person likes this.
  11. Ryback

Ryback Well-Known Member

I didn't get it.

What did they mean?

12. tomee

tomee Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. I am DIL

I am DIL Well-Known Member

I'm sad I missed this.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  14. Ryback

Ryback Well-Known Member

So if blue label is women's, then why does it say that on my shirt?

And I usually wear Large but since it is custom fit, which is more smaller and tighter than a normal Large, the sales assistant suggested a XL.

15. Saturdays

Saturdays Well-Known Member

Dude Ryback, you need to drop it. I told you in the other thread as well, don't pay attention to the fucking tag. Who the fuck cares. Does it fit you? Do you like it? Okay now fucking leave.

If you don't like it, return it. I don't give a shit, i have a few of these as well, but got them for dirt cheap during online sales. I layer them and sometimes in the summer they are nice to wear when going to a picnic/park or w/e. But I would not spend more than $45 for it. (That being said the days of insane PRL coupons and stacking have kind of gone away)

RL Classics means its tagged and sent through the supply chain that way. Who cares what RL calls it internally. Classics does NOT equal Classic Fit, its about the shirt model/type/line. You are so ignorant of the "RLM Blue Label" tag that you forget that RLM means Ralph Lauren Men's Blue Label, again internally PRL can essentially be Ralph Lauren Blue Label for Men, you'll notice Women do not have a 'Polo' label -its called 'Blue Label', so if you think of RL in these terms: Puprle, Black, and Blue, there are 3 main labels and Blue constitutes Polo Ralph Lauren for Men. RLPL for men, Collection for Women. RLBL for Men/Women.

If you bought it from a PRL store, it's legit. It looks like one that I have back in my parents home.

Just leave it alone now, forget it, don't mention it again, no need to worry about it, go home, put your shirt on, pop the collar, or w/e it is kids do these days...wait your nearly as old as me.... that's just sad...

1 person likes this.
  16. gambit50

gambit50 Well-Known Member

I am going to settle this by finally flying to Sydney.
    I will then go to this fake RL store that sells authentic RL merchandise.
    When I go back to return anything not to my liking or standards, I invite
    Ryback to join me.
    Actually, when I go to purchase, I hope Ryback joins me. At 100 AUD per shirt(on sale no less),
    I hope someone else picks up the tab.

17. MikeDT

MikeDT Well-Known Member

How do you know it's fake?

I bought it from the Polo Ralph Lauren store in Guangzhou.

BTW needs a bigger logo.

18. gooter

gooter Well-Known Member

I love this thread so much.

19. Apollotrader

Apollotrader Well-Known Member

The web shop has to be real, they have YSL hoodies..........

20. Ryback

Ryback Well-Known Member

Lol. How is this going to settle anything?

Btw the store is authentic and the shirt is as well, NORE was just pulling a prank.