1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Help with business suit suggestion

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by stargazer, Sep 26, 2006.

1. stargazer

stargazer New Member

Hi all,

Been reading this forum for a while and am finding it very useful. Now I'm making my first post.

I'm just wondering which brand and line of clothing have suit jackets that have a nice athletic/"V" shaped cut (smaller waist, but larger chest)?

I have been looking at Hugo boss, Armani, Christian Dior, Corneliani and Zegna suits but i'm not really familiar with any of them.

Thank you in advance for you help.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

2. johnapril

johnapril Well-Known Member

Canali. Ask to see models 13 and 14. I think the 13 has a nicer shoulder. Also, going with Canali ensures you a well-constructed suit and a fairly reasonable price.

3. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Well-Known Member

Some other brands to look at, maybe on Bluefly:
    Paul Smith, Etro, Dolce & Gabbana, Gucci, Prada, Belvest.

4. gj555

gj555 Well-Known Member

Fill in where you live in your profile. It may give people specific stores/places for you to check out.

5. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Well-Known Member

Go try on some suits in person. It will help you decide what you like, and give you a good idea what works well for your build.

Even if you don't live near a Neiman/Saks/etc., it's worth a trip before you start plunking down your dollars.