1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

>>> Help! WAYWT Learning Thread; Mistakes Are Permitted; Maybe You Should Start Here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by DLester, Jul 13, 2010.

1. kgmessier

kgmessier Well-Known Member

I have five guitars in the living room...
    Sorry. Derailing the thread because I know you from SDUGF. Back on topic, I think the outfit looks a bit blockish. Maybe something more tapered in the denim, and the shirt could be longer to accentuate your height.

2. Listi

Listi Well-Known Member

Opinions here? Mind you i'm 6'3" and wear a size 14 shoe [​IMG] so finding clothes is a bit more difficult and stuff fits different.

[​IMG]

Life after denim
    Samurai s0500xx
    Sketchers

Tips on to improve on?

Shirt fit is boxy, take it to a tailor and for $15 or something they can take in the sides a bit.

Jeans look good.

Lose the sketchers, there are better shoes. Shit's tough at sz. 14 I imagine... but Vans and Converse make size 14+

3. KitAkira

KitAkira Well-Known Member

Opinions here? Mind you i'm 6'3" and wear a size 14 shoe [​IMG] so finding clothes is a bit more difficult and stuff fits different. [​IMG] Life after denim Samurai s0500xx Sketchers Tips on to improve on?
    That shirt is one of the worst. More length, actual shape, longer sleeves

4. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Well-Known Member

What's to say I'm not?

BTW now that you have Roy boots your part of the SuFu Denim Club

Next on the list will be White's.

Sweet. Gonna head over there and fuck shit up.

5. Razele

Razele Well-Known Member

You should try trolling SuFu it would be pretty funny

Post that shorts + orphaned suit jacket + knee high socks pic

Was amazing

6. DLester

DLester Well-Known Member

lulz, if this was mellowfellow's fit people would be stroking their dicks hard.
    You may be right
    You should try trolling SuFu it would be pretty funny Post that shorts + orphaned suit jacket + knee high socks pic Was amazing
    Yes do this. We get trolled hard enough around here, it is time that we exported some trolling.

7. connor

connor Well-Known Member

lulz, if this was mellowfellow's fit people would be stroking their dicks hard.

that fit is seriously not even close to the caliber of mellowfellow. robbies fit looks awkward as all hell all over

8. Riio

Riio Well-Known Member

Opinions here? Mind you i'm 6'3" and wear a size 14 shoe [​IMG] so finding clothes is a bit more difficult and stuff fits different.

[​IMG]

Life after denim
    Samurai s0500xx
    Sketchers

Tips on to improve on?

the jeans look good, but yeah lose the shirt and shoes.

9. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Well-Known Member

You should try trolling SuFu it would be pretty funny

Post that shorts + orphaned suit jacket + knee high socks pic

Was amazing

woah woah, let's not get crazy. that Cucinelli is not an orphaned suit jacket. it just looks like one.

10. mickey711

mickey711 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] Blazer and jeans: does it ever work? I remember fuuma pulled it off very well the other day, but that's to be expected of the dude.

11. max_r

max_r Well-Known Member

i think blazer + tshirt is the real problem there.

also, imo if you want to do blazer + jeans, your best bet is probably to buy a blazer with a less fine fabric, if you know what i mean. one that looks more casual and less like part of a suit, so it doesn't draw such a stark contrast between the fine fabric of the jacket and the rough fabric of the denim.

faded (or prefaded) jeans also dont help unless you know what you're doing

12. hendrix

hendrix Well-Known Member

super nice lapel roll on that blazer, what is it?

tee should be V-neck.

Need to see footwear.

Please shave.

13. mickey711

i think blazer + tshirt is the real problem there.

also, imo if you want to do blazer + jeans, your best bet is probably to buy a blazer with a less fine fabric, if you know what i mean. one that looks more casual and less like part of a suit, so it doesn't draw such a stark contrast between the fine fabric of the jacket and the rough fabric of the denim.

faded (or prefaded) jeans also dont help unless you know what you're doing

I suck at taking fit pics, so yeah, it's hard to see what kind of fabric the blazer is. It's actually kind of rough and not as fine as the pictures suggest.

But can't I wear a t-shirt with a blazer? Or faded jeans? [​IMG] It looks kinda off with a dress shirt unless it's one with a semi-spread or spread collar, which are both too formal for this outfit. I could wear jet black jeans, but that's kinda boring.

super nice lapel roll on that blazer, what is it?

tee should be V-neck.

Need to see footwear.

Please shave.

I'll try to take fit pics again with me wearing a v-neck. Shoes are white Achilles los. Sorry, I don't wear shoes in the house (though I agree that it would definitely help to see footwear). And I'll shave right after I finish writing this post. Thanks!

BTW, the blazer's MTM from a Bangkok tailor. Really nice piece, smoke MOP buttons, half-canvassed, etc. If you're interested, PM me for more info and I'll see what I can do.

14. mickey711

[​IMG] Now it's a v-neck and jet black jeans. Better?

15. skunkworks

skunkworks Well-Known Member

It's a nice blazer. I'm unsure whether it's too big for you or not though: shoulders seem to be hanging off a bit, sleeves look wide, chest seems roomy, etc. Could just be the pic/pose/unbuttoning.

16. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Well-Known Member

What kind of blazer is it? The taper looks really nice.

17. mickey711

It's mainly the pose that makes the blazer look too big - it actually fits me pretty well and has some room to accommodate a light/medium-weight sweater. The v-neck I'm wearing is thin and a tad sheer, so that might've also made it look overly large. The shoulders are quite structured though - I may have to take it to the tailor to get it altered.

18. bows1

bows1 Well-Known Member

I suck at taking fit pics, so yeah, it's hard to see what kind of fabric the blazer is. It's actually kind of rough and not as fine as the pictures suggest.

But can't I wear a t-shirt with a blazer? Or faded jeans? [​IMG] It looks kinda off with a dress shirt unless it's one with a semi-spread or spread collar, which are both too formal for this outfit. I could wear jet black jeans, but that's kinda boring.

I'll try to take fit pics again with me wearing a v-neck. Shoes are white Achilles los. Sorry, I don't wear shoes in the house (though I agree that it would definitely help to see footwear). And I'll shave right after I finish writing this post. Thanks!

BTW, the blazer's MTM from a Bangkok tailor. Really nice piece, smoke MOP buttons, half-canvassed, etc. If you're interested, PM me for more info and I'll see what I can do.

What kind of blazer is it? The taper looks really nice.

. . .

19. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Well-Known Member

. . .

I was looking at the second post my bad thanks

20. mickey711

Thanks bows [​IMG] Yes, the blazer's quite tapered. Definitely not for those with large thighs.