1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

[help required] US taxes on US-made boots imported from a Canadian online store

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by wakawaka, Jan 17, 2013.

1. wakawaka

wakawaka Well-Known Member

Hello guys. I live in Poland and make seldom purchases in US - as much as my tiny budget allows me to.

I've found a pair of boots in an online store in Canada (well yeah, that's not exactly United States) at a good price and intend to get them. I would like to have them shipped to US, and then have them sent to Poland. The reason is it'll be cheaper than to have them directly shipped to Poland. I realise there are customs duties on products imported to US from Canada however... But also, as far as I know, some exclusions apply - for instance, I've heard products made in US are free of tax imposing. And as a matter of fact, the boots I'm interested in are US-made. Would that save me from paying?

Will appreciate help from people who have had some experience with these issues - I'm counting on you; I expect those boots won't last long... (Forgive me if that question has been answered somewhere on SF - I searched for a proper thread to no avail.)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  2. paul_s

paul_s Well-Known Member

3. wakawaka

wakawaka Well-Known Member

Thanks, so the outcome is positive for me - there shouldn't be any taxes. I seem to have chosen some strange bits of words and that response never popped up... But still, if someone shared their real world experience with the issue, I'd be grateful :).

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013